[NFP] Civilization VI: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack Discussion Thread

Wow, THAT sounds interesting! :thumbsup:
Do you plan to release it in the Steam workshop?
Well, I was gonna last fall... but then I got sucked into other stuff. I can probably dig out the files and post them on here at some point.
Another undocumented change - all Naval Melee units (except the Destroyer) have gained melee strength. +5 to galleys (and galley replacements) and to caravels, and +10 to the Ironclad.
I am very happy to see this. My neighbor got the Ironclad Admiral pretty early and it was a joyous time flinging rocks at it from my catapults.
But those ships really needed this.

I’m interested that they’ve added the mercenary city state mechanic. It makes sense since we have lots of CS UIs, but no UUs...

I wonder if there will eventually be a gold version (eg Swiss Pikemen). .. or is this all we’re getting as far as new CS?
I'm not seeing swiss pikemen as a suzerain bonus as they would only work in a specific era of the game

I'm not seeing swiss pikemen as a suzerain bonus as they would only work in a specific era of the game

I’ve not looked at the Nihang’s promotion tree but surely this applies there too (as it does with Warrior Monks)?

There could be a discount to purchasing units generally to make the bonus last longer.

I’ve not looked at the Nihang’s promotion tree but surely this applies there too (as it does with Warrior Monks)?

There could be a discount to purchasing units generally to make the bonus last longer.
No, these units start at 25 strength and gain +15 strength for each military building (barracks etc) that you have unlocked, so that they basically "upgrade" throughout the game. They can do this since these are religious hocus pocus units and it isn't supposed to make sense anyway.

Alright, let's try this thing. Playing as Spain with Maya and Colombia in game:smoke:

Edit: new launcher.

Edit2: Cross-platform is a thing. I assume something to do with Epic Store.

What do you mean by “cross-platform is a thing”?

So you can turn off Apocalypse mode but not individual features like what disasters, or even units i.e. Sooothsayers.... It's all or nothing.

Reactions: Sic
So you can turn off Apocalypse mode but not individual features like what disasters, or even units i.e. Sooothsayers.... It's all or nothing.
Seems fair enough to be honest. Picking and choosing what Disasters you get takes a lot of the fun out of the risk/reward gameplay (and also isn't very realistic).

The only thing that surprises me is that the wacky Natural Wonders are now in the main game, outside of Apocalypse Mode, and presumably can't be disabled without also disabling the whole pack. I personally don't mind finding the occasional one in my games but I know that will annoy some people.

What new resources and city-states???

From this thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/frontier-pass-patch-notes.658215/

New Resources:
  • Honey. Luxury.
  • Maize. Bonus.
New City-States:
  • Caguana. Cultural. Suzerain bonus: access to Batey improvement, which grants Culture based on its placement.
  • Singapore. Industrial. Suzerain bonus: Production bonus for each foreign trade route.
  • Lahore. Militaristic. Suzerain bonus: Access to a Faith-purchased combat unit – Nihang – with a unique promotion tree.
  • Vatican City. Religious. Suzerain bonus: Religious pressure spread when activating Great People.
  • Taruga. Scientific. Suzerain bonus: Science bonus per strategic resource in cities.
  • Hunza. Trade. Suzerain bonus: Gold bonus for trade route distance.

Reactions: Sic
I'm getting full UU UI descriptions even though the Sukritact mod that does this is disabled:
disabled and restarted to empty the frontend cache ?

I don’t think the Mythological Wonders are a big deal. There’s only three. They won’t come up that much. Except for the teleporting, the effects are in line with other wonders. And the City one can be just thought of as “ancient ruins”. Indeed, I wish we had a few more “ancient ruins” for Natural Wonders, eg Machu Picchu.

Anyway. They’ll be super easy to mod out.

Personally, I mostly buy at Gamesplanet, if a game is available there. They usually grant a day-one 10% price reduction. The german youtuber "Writing Bull" oftentimes manages to get an additional 5% deal on top of this. Use the voucher code "ONEMORECIV" when buying. (If you use his shop link, he will get the usual share - which is not mandatory, but a nice thing to do).

Hence, the 'New Frontier Pass" will cost 34,19€ instead of 39,99€. Not as significant as a price reductions during a later sale, but not bad for day one.

Unfortunately, the pass is not listed right now. Apparently, it will be online later today and I will have to wait just a little bit longer ...
Thanks for the tip! I'll keep an eye out. I'm actually finding myself not desperate to play right this minute so I can wait ;) My creakingly slow internet has only just downloaded the base game patch anyway :lol:

I don’t think the Mythological Wonders are a big deal. There’s only three. They won’t come up that much. Except for the teleporting, the effects are in line with other wonders. And the City one can be just thought of as “ancient ruins”. Indeed, I wish we had a few more “ancient ruins” for Natural Wonders, eg Machu Picchu.

Anyway. They’ll be super easy to mod out.
Good to know they can be modded out. Not that I will - I actually really like the idea of the wacky stuff that's being added.

They could have taken the opportunity to make iron important in later parts of the game too, that would be much more realistic too.
It seems like they could have just random goody-hutted it, with say +x of the most modern metal you've unlocked, or +x science, or mybe +x faith depending on circumstances.

-5 favor by occupying an original capital.
20200521_164645.jpg

Top Bottom