[NFP] Civilization VI: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack Discussion Thread

I haven't tried the soothsayers, yet. But, in the live stream yesterday, they mentioned that your target will get the usual fertilization benefits from the disasters that you create. And, one of them mentioned causing disasters on himself to get those bonuses.

You shouldn't be able to stack units like that. Are you using some kind of N units per tile mod?

That's weird, I tried four or five times and didn't get a single fertilized tile.

I don't have any mods installed but I was able to stack units on top of each other. Here is how I did it:
  1. Build a unit, move it to an adjacent to the city
  2. Build or put another unit in the same city
  3. Build a unit in that city, you'll then have two units stacked in the city
  4. Moved one of those stacked units out of the city to the adjacent warrior.
Of course, once you move one of the stacked units again, you won't be able to stack them. You'll also have to shift+enter to end your turns. When you attack one of these "stacks" the damage goes to one unit until that unit is dead.

warrior_stack_bug2.PNG

That's weird, I tried four or five times and didn't get a single fertilized tile.

I don't have any mods installed but I was able to stack units on top of each other. Here is how I did it:
  1. Build a unit, move it to an adjacent to the city
  2. Build or put another unit in the same city
  3. Build a unit in that city, you'll then have two units stacked in the city
  4. Moved one of those stacked units out of the city to the adjacent warrior.
Of course, once you move one of the stacked units again, you won't be able to stack them. You'll also have to shift+enter to end your turns. When you attack one of these "stacks" the damage goes to one unit until that unit is dead.

View attachment 556784

Oh, that bug is still there. Well, I doubt they considered that when they implemented the sacrifice. I'm surprised that it even works with 2!

It seems as if the response regarding the Mac release has been the same across the board:
"We're working quickly with our partners at Aspyr to bring Civilization IV - New Frontier Pass content to Mac and Linux and will share more soon."

To me this sounds less like "we'll have it out in the next few days" and more like "we're still developing and have no idea when it'll be out." :(

It seems as if the response regarding the Mac release has been the same across the board:
"We're working quickly with our partners at Aspyr to bring Civilization IV - New Frontier Pass content to Mac and Linux and will share more soon."

To me this sounds less like "we'll have it out in the next few days" and more like "we're still developing and have no idea when it'll be out." :(

they just started the Mac and Linux QA builds last week. So I'm going to guess anywhere from two weeks to a month.

That's the folk etymology I was referring to. There are two linguistic theories about where Istanbul comes from: Greek εἰς τὴν Πόλιν, "to the City" or simply the Ottoman Turkish pronunciation of Κωνσταντινούπολις. The latter has gained a lot of traction in the past few decades. Folk etymology traces it to Islambol, "plenty of Islam."

very interesting, thank you!

they just started the Mac and Linux QA builds last week. So I'm going to guess anywhere from two weeks to a month.
Thanks EP. This sounds reasonable and I’m fine with that but someone from Aspyr or Firaxis should be stating that publicly - for obvious reasons. This mess does make me a bit apprehensive about their year-long rollout.

Anyway, love the game play updates from you all and I’m looking forward to when we macOS plebs can play Hahajaja.

Wow, THAT sounds interesting! :thumbsup:
Do you plan to release it in the Steam workshop?
Check my signature, just for you! (Unzip it and put it in your documents/mygames/civ6/mods folder.)

Per Carl, the Maya do not get the extra amenity from settling on a luxury. Didn't someone else confirm you do get it when testing?
Given how adjacency rules work, it wouldn't surprise me if carl was correct. Ex: you don't get bonus production on an IZ if a strategic resource happens to pop under there.
Farming Barbarians seems a legit strategy with Maya to get a bunch of promotions and boosts early on. They go down easy.
The fact that you can pelt a unit at full HP with one Hul'che and then it's a punishment party is phenomenal. It really opens up their usefulness against swords and horsemen... especially barbarian horsemen. Maya is one of the safest civs I have played.

Oh, I never said I wasn't going to buy it, just pointing out what is missing.....& still being disappointed by that.
Understood - but the way I am looking at this is that we are effectively going to get a full expansion over a period of time, plus intermediate bugfixes & tweaks & additions.

Not sure if it is another undocumented fix, but I noticed that tribute demands of angry AIs now have a more logical consequence: A decline still does not worsen your relations, but if you give in you get a slight positive (+5) relation modfier for "favourable trades". IIRC, there was either no affect or the effects where strangely inverted in the past(?)

Last edited:
Got a change to give Gran Colombia a spin today and wow, enjoy that 1 moment extra because I don't think it will be around for long.

I'm still reserving judgement. I have only played them in an MP context so far and there, Gran Colombia definitely has a target on their head to be eliminated before Cavalry hit the table.

My worry is that the AI won't be able to play around their extra mobility and it'll just be a cake walk in single player.

I'm still reserving judgement. I have only played them in an MP context so far and there, Gran Colombia definitely has a target on their head to be eliminated before Cavalry hit the table.

My worry is that the AI won't be able to play around their extra mobility and it'll just be a cake walk in single player.

Gran Columbia has the tools to womp you two or three eras before cavalry comes on-line. Seriously, if you took that unit away they'd be almost just as strong.

Came late to this party, because I normally have played Civ VI on my Mac, and not only is the DLC not available on Mac yet, but the patch seems to have broken the game/Mod combination I've been playing: as in, everything is normal except that no units of any kind are displayed on the map, which makes it a little hard to play the game - Stealth Technology in the Ancient Era is a little OP!
Luckily, I have Bootcamp and so will apparently be playing Civ VI in Windows from now on . . .

This is a little upsetting because it is well known that using Windows 10 can cause brain damage in otherwise normal adults. It's a good thing that Civ Players are not 'otherwise normal' . . .

Lahore's Nihang Unit, Promotion Tree, & Pedia (also leaving these unspoilered)

- And I will be Best Friends with Lahore in any game I can. My wife has been going to a Sikh Gurdwara here in Washington State for over ten years, so the Akali and Khalsa are dear to my heart. A couple of things that the Civilopedia got wrong, though:
'Akali' does not translate as Crocodile, it is from a Persian word for a mythical sea creature. 'Crocodiles' was what Mughul historians called the Nihang because of their ferocity in battle - the group was formed originally specifically to fight the Mughuls.
The Unit figures are nice, but in addition to the 'traditional' garb of link mail, tall turban and 'electric blue' clothing, they also carried, usually, two swords, the curved Talwar shown and a straight-bladed Khanda. They also were notorious for using Chakram, a large steel throwing weapon similar in effect to an oversize Asiatic 'throwing star'.
Religious certainly describes them - the Sikh 'martial arts', which resembles Mixed Martial Arts combined with stick fighting - is also considered religious and I have seen incredible demonstrations of sparring by masters at the Gurdwara. Current practice with it is by no means limited to Gurdwaras in India or UK, it is general.
The Nihang were especially famous for guerrilla actions against the British and for fighting and winning while outnumbered.
Although Lahore was the capital of the Sikh Empire and so not completely out of line as a 'source' for the Nihang, they were actually established before Lahore was conquered by the Sikh and I think attaching them to the site of the greatest of the Gurdwaras at Amritsar might have been more appropriate for a group described as Sant Siparhis - "Warrior Saints"

Finally, I have been hoping for a Sikh Civ since Civ V. Wonder if this is a foretaste of that? Consider that they have a history of female civil and military leaders, powerful military and religious traditions, and are particularly good at maintaining their traditions and coherence even in other Civs - as in modern India, UK, USA, and other states. Room for some very interesting Uniques there . . .

Finished my first game as Lady. Couldn't find a spot for her achievement, may just have to keep rerolling maps for that.

Has anyone noticed AI doesn't seem to go after neighborhoods anymore? Yes I did build some even despite having good housing with the Maya. Not a single recruit partisans. But that may be because I was ahead, and I wasn't playing a high difficulty level. I had built some troops just in case, as I've always built neighborhoods, but it's a good idea to be prepared. They did go for the remove governor operation a lot. Possibly because I have the government building that gives a bonus for governors?

Forest fires are cool. I didn't notice many meteor strikes, just one that was pretty far away.

Barbarians seemed very tough this game. Much tougher than normal as I was seeing full strength horseman and crosswbowman much earlier it seems.

Gran Colombia just makes me wish their movement bonus was the standard for every Civ in the game.

Or they could just roll back to Civ 5 movement. It was superior in every way anyway. It would also buff the Spearman & Warrior line!

Top Bottom