[NFP] Civilization VI: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack Discussion Thread

Could you explain? I don't remember how it was in Civ 5. Hoe would it buff the spearman?
So in 5, if you moved onto open terrain, then you could still move onto a hill, forest, jungle, or marsh.

Could you explain? I don't remember how it was in Civ 5. Hoe would it buff the spearman?

Basically, as long as you had even some marginal amount of movement left, you could always step on any tile, but it would simply take up all your movement. You could have 0.33 movement left and still cross a river. You could send a warrior onto a plains tile and then onto a forested hill in one turn.

In Civ 6 kiting the Spearman/Warrior line is so freaking trivial. There is actually nothing they can do about kiting. This is how I deal with raging barbs that aren't horses. Just run away forever and have them follow you while a CS takes out the camp, lol.

So, if this currently doesn't work on Mac or Linux then why not include that disclaimer in the announcement for the game? I get that Firaxis is all about secrecy, but as far as I'm concerned I just paid Steam forty dollars to break my multiplayer.

I'm peeved right now. Can't wait to exact my revenge on some unsuspecting AIs with an overpowered Gran Colombian military.

So, if this currently doesn't work on Mac or Linux then why not include that disclaimer in the announcement for the game? I get that Firaxis is all about secrecy, but as far as I'm concerned I just paid Steam forty dollars to break my multiplayer.

I'm peeved right now. Can't wait to exact my revenge on some unsuspecting AIs with an overpowered Gran Colombian military.
Pretty unbelievable that MacOS users could purchase the NFP when it clearly doesn't work. I had it added to the cart, about to buy, when I noticed it was Windows only.
But, yeah I'm blown away at the lack of information. Really bizarre. I can't see what's in it for any of the involved companies to stay silent. "Under-promise, over-deliver." Is that tougher to follow in game development? With each passing day of no information, the likelihood I buy this decreases. I don't want to experience this type of situation over the course of a year.

Is it just me, or do tooltips (other than for plots) take significantly longer to come up? I feel like I'm waiting a lot longer to see the predicted impact of a Spread Religion action or clarification of what promotion a unit has

Is it just me, or do tooltips (other than for plots) take significantly longer to come up? I feel like I'm waiting a lot longer to see the predicted impact of a Spread Religion action or clarification of what promotion a unit has
You are not imagining it - it takes about 5 seconds for the tip to pop.

I feel like there were a lot of small undocumented changes, especially to AI behavior and some tinkering with things like hammer cost for stuff. I can't put my finger on it but there feel like some changes - and they feel mostly for the better IMO.

Gran Colombia just makes me wish their movement bonus was the standard for every Civ in the game.

Get Quo's Rocketboots from the Workshop. It's ancient and hasn't been updated, but still works fine, just gives a blanket +1 moves to every unit in the game. I haven't been able to play without it since it was first released.

You are not imagining it - it takes about 5 seconds for the tip to pop.

Maybe it re-set. Yoy can change it in the settings.

Edit: actually I don't know if the setting works for all pop ups or just plots.

I didn't notice any difference. I have UI mods though, don't know if those affect it.

Once the world enters apocalyptic state is there a way to go back to normal state? Or you just survive until comets destroy everything on the map?

Last edited:
Once the world enters apocalyptic state is there a way to go back to normal state? Or you just survive until comets destroy everything on the map?
No. It's 'the last man standing'. Win before you're obliterated.

Top Bottom