1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Kayak06460

Kayak06460 Chieftain

I would pay $5 for Gran Colombia, but paying in advance for who knows what, no way. Firaxis continues to add eye candy and very little meaningful changes to ai. They didn’t even add one new unit. The soothsayer is simply taking this franchise down the fantasy path.

Roald Amundsen likes this.
  2. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I think the new unit is Lahore's Nihang. Would you pay $9 for both GC and the Maya, as well as the extra city states?

Kjimmet, Inawordyes, AntSou and 2 others like this.
  3. criZp

criZp Emperor

They said it was to slow down exploration, to make the exploration phase last longer. I also dislike it a lot, annoying that my units has a move left but can't use it.

yung.carl.jung and Myomoto like this.
  4. Roald Amundsen

Roald Amundsen Warlord

Hmmm... I'm not convinced. Not going to pay for this. Civ has lost it's roots and direction IMO.

agonistes and Elhoim like this.
  5. Synth

Synth Comrade

Here in Brazil, the NFP is more expensive than buying both the base game and GS. To give more perspective, they're charging 22% of a minimum wage salary! That's just unbuyable for me. As much as I like Civ, I'll have to pass on this content until it's significantly cheaper.

Meluhhan, Elhoim, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  6. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Emperor

The soothsayer only appears when you choose the Apocalypse mode option. It's not an actual main-game fixture; you can turn the mode on and off.

7. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Yeah, it seems that the price was just directly converted from US Dollar to Real, without any localization of price. The base game cost roughly the equivalent of $20 USD (compared to $60 US cost), whereas this costs the full $40 USD.

8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Warlord

So that's two unique units for civs, one general unique unit and a game-mode exclusive unique unit. Not bad going, in my opinion.

Not sure if the city-states are DLC or patch, mind.

9. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

As I stated in another thread, Apocalypse mode is so-so. It would work best with diplomatic victory disabled.

10. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

I was literally 2/3 to a religious victory before I noticed how far along I was. Gran Columbia is ridiculous. I'd hate to be on the other side of them in any way.

11. yung.carl.jung

yung.carl.jung Hey Bird! I'm Morose & Lugubrious

I constantly gift away luxuries/strategics because the "give gift" button is directly above the "what would you give?" button. :mad:

12. alancsilver

alancsilver Warlord

OK. I'm still on the fence if I should pay for the pack or for the pass. I wonder what the cost difference would be between buying all the packs vs the pass....

13. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

Fun Fact:

In this pack we have a first, in the past we have had the case where City States become part of a new Civ's city list ie Palenque now being on The Maya city list.

However, in this update we have the first case of a city on a city list being upgraded to a City State with Milta going from the Aztec city list to being a City State.

14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I can think of a few other cities that deserve the same treatment.

Zaarin likes this.
  15. Pistol90

Pistol90 Warlord

I didnt catch up, and maybe there is answer on some thread --- but what about those two unit abilities: renown and lifespawn or how are they called. I dont see them in-game. ??

16. Eagle Pursuit

They must be part of a different mode.

Pistol90 likes this.
  17. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

They have not appeared in this Pack, maybe it was dropped, or maybe it was a hint for the future.

Pistol90 likes this.
  18. Dustbrother

Dustbrother Chieftain

First two Civs I've met, Gran Columbia followed by the Mayans. Do you think they skew the Civ pick RNG when they release updates like this?

AntSou likes this.
  19. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

That doesn't precludes that they decided to spend resources on these fantasy option instead of deepening the historical roots, regardless of using it or not.

Bonci likes this.
  20. Eagle Pursuit

I mean, they specifically said they were going to use the Modes system as a way to deviate from historic accuracy. So it's pretty much as advertised.