1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Revanchist

Revanchist Warlord

My fingers are crossed for teasers on the 14th and 16th, then a release on the 21st

Zaarin likes this.
  2. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

Indeed. Under such a system, I could see Culture becoming the deciding factor in how cohesive your multiethnic empire is.

Maybe he was in marriage negotiations with the King-of-Prussia tree? :p

Hawke9 likes this.
  3. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I was hoping for that in a third expansion and it would tie into cultural victory more.
    The more of an ethnic group you have in a particular city, the more likely your citizens in that city will travel to that particular Civ.

Zaarin likes this.
  4. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Not in this obvious instance of victory points. Not at all.

Ala Civ III & IV :D

Zaarin likes this.
  5. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

With France's Bastille day on the Tuesday the 14th, it would be the ideal time to reveal "Magnificence Catherine". I think "Rough Rider Teddy" will be on Thursday the 16th or in the same 14th video.
    But eitherway, I don't think we will see Ethiopia's first look until Tuesday the 21st. Very very close to release.

Kmart_Elvis and Hawke9 like this.
  6. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

I think the Cultural Identity thing had been spotted before.

I find it hard to believe Loyalty wasn’t introduced with the plan to later introduce something like Ideological Pressure from Civ V. All the pieces are there to have a Mechanic like that.

Indeed, RnF and to a much larger extent GF with its whole “Future Era” all seemed geared to introduce mid and late game stuff that could be expanded on in a future content, as did just he fact there’s a lot of stuff from Civ V that hasn’t yet made it over to Civ VI.

It’s really unclear if NFP will deliver on that. Apocalypse Mode and Secret Societies suggest NFP will mostly introduce more peripheral stuff. And Anton initially said FXS saw the game as basically complete, and NFP would just add sprinkles to our Neapolitan Icecream.

But a lot of end game stuff and or Civ V type mechanics could be done with game modes. And Anton and various announcements have also suggested there could be more base game content, including Anton’s comments that there’s more historical stuff coming and other stuff.

There’s also the possibility FXS provide a third (I guess “final”) content pack after NFP. Although, if NFP was a success and they wanted to keep working on the game, you’d think they’d instead just do another season pass.

Either way, it’s going to be a long wait to find out what FXS has got planned. I’m okay with the pass model overall, but it’s going to be very disappointing if at the end of it we just end up with a bunch of gimmicky mechanics rather than some real “meat” to the mid and end game.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  7. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

Civ3 already had that and worked quite interestingly, to some extent. At least I remind that in order to ajust its effects I often built setllers from conquered cities to exchange population with core cities of my empire.

Later in my life I’ve discovered that this is real and is called mass deportation and resettling for cultural assimilation, and that it is not well-regarded by the international community. But, hey, it’s just a game and I was too young then... :mischief:

nzcamel, Zaarin and Myomoto like this.
  8. aenima

aenima Chieftain

In the steam depot thread, it seems to have a lot updates concerning the mac/linux version, since i can't ask my question in that topic, i do it here : would all these mac/linux updates mean we could hope have Ethiopian pack at the same time than for windows (and not a week later as it was for the Maya/Grand colombia one)?

9. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

If my knowledge of how companies work (general companies, not video game related), I’d say this is an indicator they target a joint release. But it is not a guarantee. If QA fails and Linux/mac builds are not OK, they’ll still go forward and release PC first, as it is the main market.

Zaarin and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  10. aenima

aenima Chieftain

ok thanks. I hope it will be a joint release ;)

11. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

You know a scenario that would be entirely too much work for Firaxis that I would pay for and enjoy?

Failed leaders. George III of Great Britain made me realize this. Nero of Rome. Constantine XI of Byzantium. About 3/4 of the Hapsburgs. Nikolai II of Russia.

Give them really not great agendas, but set up a game boost so that Terrible Leaders get bonuses in Dark Ages, so they actually excel at being bad.

#Fantasy #NeverGonnaHappen

nzcamel, Myomoto, Jeppetto and 3 others like this.
  12. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

What would be fun and nicely tied with WC and Loyalty would be a vote like this:

A. Empires in X government gain +1 era score for each time they earn one
    B. Empires in X government gain -1 era score for each era event

With "X" governements being Fascism, Communism, Democracy. That way, if the majority is Democracy, then all the Democracies will gain more era score and secure a Golden/Heroic age and applying more loyalty pressure towards civs from other governments. On the other way, if the B proposal is chosen with Fascism, then Fascist Empires will be more likely to have a Dark/Normal Age, meaning their loyalty pressure will be disminished. It would be more interesting IMO than a flat "expose greater loyalty towards empires of a different government".

Yes, I know, you could use the benefits/escape the downside just by switching governments... but isn't that the point, to make sure that everybody share the same ideoology and thus gathering everyone under the same one?

Galvatron and AvianBritish like this.
  13. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

Assyria be like:

But yeah, I remember Civ3 and Civ4 having it, though I feel like ES2's method is much easier to visually assess the population of your empire. Plus, now that I've brought it up, I just want the Horatio in Civ. :p

nzcamel and Josephias like this.
  14. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

You just made me wonder... When you get to level 3 government; shouldn't the loyalty pressure from other civilizations be increased if they are in a different T3 government to you? And then Again with the T4 governement? So if a lot of Democractic Civs surround a Communist one; cities on the fringe of that communist civ will slowly loose cities to the democractic ones (ind vice versa).

acluewithout likes this.
  15. JesseS

JesseS Warlord

Firaxis would need to first fix how the AI values governments & policies for any of these proposals to not just make the late game more broken than it already is. Right now, the AI chooses fascism as its tier 3 government, regardless of what civ they are, what victory condition they’re going for, whether they’re at war, etc.

Myomoto likes this.
  16. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

That's kind of what I would have wanted for them. :mischief:
    Though getting a free settler whenever you conquer a city would still work.

Regarding the two different Koreas in real life, I'm not sure if that should necessarily be the case. I think there instead should be more pressure to go to war/denouncement which I believe is already part of the game.

Zaarin likes this.
  17. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

bbbt, nzcamel, AntSou and 13 others like this.
  18. Revanchist

Revanchist Warlord

Oh sweet jesus what have I done? A global pandemic? Riots in the streets? Discount Panera? And now, the horror, Firaxis communicating with us like a normal game developer? Sacre bleu! Save me, Valjean...

Myomoto likes this.
  19. dafunk10

dafunk10 Chieftain

The last update made the Mac version unplayable with freezes, crashes, etc. so I would be fine with just making the game playable.

20. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor