1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

by making the same kind of announcement they make every time they're going to do a preview?

2. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

Well if we say that Civs in the same T3 or T4 government don't excert loyalty on each other; and instead help provide loyalty (because they are all working on the same common goal of spreading democracy, revolutionising communisim or the desire to conquer together)
    So in a way they are stable in terms of loyalty; because North Korea is mantaining Communist loyalty because of China helping it, and South Korea's loyalty is being maintained by Democractic Japan.

I think that's actually a great idea... T3 and T4 governements not excerting loyalty preassure on each other. That would mean which one you go for would actually mean a lot more then just what bonuses you get and the difference of 1 card slot.

It still probably won't come out until the 23rd, so you shoudln't have to worry; you still have over a week.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2020
    Myomoto, Kmart_Elvis and RohirrimElf like this.
  3. Revanchist

Revanchist Warlord

They didn’t announce the dates of their first looks (Maya and Colombia) and we had little information that the frontier pass was coming outside of the depot updates so yes, I would say this is a small improvement

RohirrimElf likes this.
  4. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

appreciate this move from firaxis. I like the 3 day warning to know some new info will reach us this monday. It beats 100 fillers with no substance.

Meluhhan, AntSou, Inawordyes and 10 others like this.
  5. Revanchist

Revanchist Warlord

Now that we have confirmation of more info to come regarding Ethiopia and an upcoming release, this thread is meant to specifically discuss Ethiopia and any news related to it. Feel free to lock it until the 13th until we get some more news (If that is acceptable)

Hawke9 likes this.
  6. Vilvatiktan

Vilvatiktan Chieftain

So Ethıopıa Fırst Look vıdeo tomorrow?

7. aenima

aenima Chieftain

weird, it works perfectly on linux (with NFP and the last june patch). I play (and finished) on huge map, Epic speed with 12 civs and i have no problem for the moment ;)

8. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Monday.

RohirrimElf and Hawke9 like this.
  9. anandus

anandus Errorist

Oh, I misread and thought Ethiopia was coming this monday :(

Spoiler :

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  10. adrifranchise

adrifranchise Chieftain

what I am interested in seeing is after this month we are officially in uncharted territory with the road map.. are they going to fill those out on a month by month basis or give us a better look at the months ahead. I am also curious to see the amount of content we will receive with this pack just to see if these every other months are really worth it.

RohirrimElf, Haig and Hawke9 like this.
  11. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I don't know if this means we will get a first look on Monday though. All it says is more info about the whole DLC pack which could be the Secret Society game mode or the new district/buildings.

12. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

I think the price for the year of content will justify another medium/large sized expansion. But it will be filled in differently. New game types instead of game mechanics. And hopefully improving on things instead of adding more mechanics. As civ 6 already has plenty of content. I suppose that if the fanbase thinks the year of content has been to light for its price. More will be added for free to make up for it. I dont think it will be a high price dlc low return. As this business model might open up new opportunities for future titles. It has the advantage of spreading out content over a longer period. Which might entertain gamers for longer and gives more time on development/or give a smaller team more time.

i do think the inbetween months might offer a bit less then the ones offering a new leader and a new mechanic. Avoiding breaking up mods/save games.

adrifranchise likes this.
  13. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I expect we'll get info about what Ethiophia will be able to do, (a brief overview), along with information about the Secret Societies game mode and possibly peek at the Rough Teddy and Luxury Catherine.

14. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Yeah, technically it might not actually be the first look for them, it might simply be revealing the new district plus perhaps some basics about the new game mode. But presumably should mean at the very least the first look comes sometime next week.

15. Jewelrunna

Jewelrunna Prince

We've never seen any detailed info given about a Civ before the First Look, so I can't help but imagine that the First Look will come that day as well. It'd be strange for them to explain the features without giving details about the Civ for which the pack is named as well. But on the off chance that Firaxis decide to be weird about it and give the pack details first, and then the Civ, the First Look will probably come the day after.

Meluhhan, acluewithout and Zaarin like this.
  16. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

Unless they are planning the DLC for next week thursday, I don't expect a first look for Ethiopia that early on monday. It also mentions learn more (probably not all) about Ethiopia pack, which could translate into the civ, game mode or disctrict and buildings.

17. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

I'm pretty happy getting whatever information about Ethiopia is meted out over the next week or two.

What I'm more anxious about is when the devs will reveal what the two civs are in expack three. REVEAL TO ME YOUR SECRETS FIRAXIS.

But yeah based on the wording I suspect the Ethiopia pack reveal will mostly cover the secret societies mode and maybe have some sneak preview shots of Ethiopia that we can guess uniques from like they did with Maya/GC. I bet it will also focus on Teddy and Catherine; I doubt we will get two separate reveal videos for those guys.

AntSou, TeddyMain and Zaarin like this.
  18. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

The first look I assume will be on Thursday. Perhaps they'll use the Monday for the balance changes and game mechanics, the Tuesday for the new Teddy/CdM skins and then the reveal on thurs? something like that.

Hell it could be another week for the First Look. They did announce Maya and Gran Colombia in a separate update a full week before the Mayan first look, so...

acluewithout and Jewelrunna like this.
  19. Kjimmet

Kjimmet Chieftain

Another new day, another new privated video in the NFP playlist.

20. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 King

NFP has caused me to return to Civ VI after about a year. I'm dismayed to see that extremely basic interface and tool tip problems remain. Maybe I'm spoiled by Old World, but I've realized that you can't figure many things out unless you make multiple clicks.

- Why for the love of Sam can I still not see a list of my cities with their yields, what they are producing, their amenities and housing etc all in one chart? Why is this so incredibly hard to do after 3+ years? Every 4x does it. And yet, resources and yields and whatever that other thing is called ("new reports?") are split into multiple screens, and the yields one STILL has every cities' inputs showing so you have to scroll all the way up and down to figure out which city has the highest yield in something and what city is producing what. Collapsing that one shows nothing useful at all.

- Why are there zero mouseover texts when you mouse over a cities amenities and housing to figure out what is causing what? Why do i have to click that reports button, then scroll and up down to figure out why my housing/amenities is high or low?

- Why do they continue to lazily not have information on where your yields are coming from? Mouseovers of food, production etc show you where they are coming from but there are all these strange "Modifiers" that don't indicate in any way whatsoever what they are or where they come from. A policy? My civ's traits? Religion? Unhappiness? What is it?? I get that they created a bucket catch all category for mods, but let the modders fill that bucket with whatever they want. Can they not identify modifiers that are in the base game?

- Why do they not have a filter/mechanism that shows what is 6 spaces within something and force you to count manually? (Or 4 spaces, for Temple of Artemis).

tedhebert, Myomoto, Jeppetto and 2 others like this.