1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Sirsquier

Sirsquier Warlord

U.S.A. land of the free and home of the brave
    I think that the devs said this was gonna be the last fantastical update so for those who completely hate non-historical stuff just hold in there. My guess is that the upcoming modes are going to be based on religion or economics.

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I certainly hope so. I like to keep my TBS games and RPG games separate. :) Those are the only 2 genres of games I play. I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Origins right now. I'm seeing too much genre crossover as it is (like with action rpg's).

3. Sirsquier

Sirsquier Warlord

Just a small question. Do forest fires spawn in normal mode or just Apocalypse Mode?

4. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

They spawn in normal games.

5. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

I'd rather see

1 envoy: +X yield in your Capital.
    3 envoys: +X yield on the Consulate and T2 Gov Plaza Building.
    6 envoys: +X yield on the Chancery and T3 Gove Plaza Building.

Well, between Secret Societies (which sort of reworks Governors a little) and Diplo Quarter and related changes, I'm a bit more sanguine about NFP.

It's still not really clear what direction things are going in, but it's clearly possible NFP and the various updates might end up covering some or most of the stuff I'm looking for.

Still. Long way to go. Buildings and Rationalism type cards still need a serious rework. Unit balance and unit gaps still need work. T3 and T4 Governments need more impact, and Governors lack any real relevance to end game and are repetitive. End game generally is still fairly sparse (although Secret Societies seems to add some cap stone abilities for end of the game). Population is still basically useless. Etc.

Guess I'll have to wait to see what happens.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

With all of the uniqueness that they did when it comes to the different Secret Societies, I can't imagine what unique bonuses they might come up with if they decide to bring in more reality/historical based corporations. It makes me excited.

acluewithout likes this.
  7. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

I'm half way through a mod which adds 6-8 new manufactured goods to the game, cute little icons with green background (plus the four manufactured goods already in the game), which boosts the importance of great merchants and engineers, reliability of tall play, loyalty system and the post-industrial game.

It will be both exciting and soul crushing when they reveal corporations and I'll be forced to ditch everything :p.

Myomoto, wesplaysciv and Pfeffersack like this.
  8. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I am sure what they mean is that you need the Consulate for the T1 building bonus in all your cities and then Chancery for your T2 building bonuses in all your cities. I really doubt it will all be stacked in just 1 city, that will be ridiculous and almost pointless to got after city states for anything other then suzeranity.

Meluhhan likes this.
  9. Sirsquier

Sirsquier Warlord

Thanks

Zaarin likes this.
  10. Synth

Synth Comrade

To me, the whole secret society idea is kinda jumping the shark, the vampires are just the cherry on top. I get why some players find these ideas attractive, but it's not what I, personally, look for in Civ. Paradoxically (no pun intended), I'm entirely fine with them in CK2, which was likely an inspiration for this mechanic.

11. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

The mod potential of the Secret Societies tho...
    I am more disappointed by the boring conditions of progress. You could still limit them by Era to prevent snowball and add something more intersting that forces you to capitalize on the benefits.

12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Agreed. I can see how they spice things up for some people. I just like history stuff. I actually would like to see more realism towards a Civ4 type direction. I'd take a boring ole' WW2 scenario over vampires any day.

Meluhhan and Builderphile like this.
  13. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

14. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

Too Lazy to look it up but when is this new July Content going to be released/updated??

15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

23rd.

RohirrimElf and Fluphen Azine like this.
  16. Sirsquier

Sirsquier Warlord

They have a WW2 scenario i played it with my brother

17. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

If I remember correctly there are 2 war scenarios already.

18. Proclo

Proclo Warlord

Is there anyone really enjoying the Apocalypse mode? What do you think about the new Secret Societies mode?

Apart from the addition of new Civs and balanced patches I personally don't like at all what firaxis has been doing lately.

19. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

I'm enjoying parts of it. It needs some tweaking, but the idea is sound.

I'm very much looking forward to playing with Secret Societies.

K

20. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I've been thinking of what they could do with Bull Moose Teddy in regards to his new ability. Obviously the only thing he'll keep is +1 Appeal to tiles in cities with a National Park, but that can't be his only ability.
    From the video it looks like you still have to found one in a diamond shape with an appeal of charming or more so no change to the way he can found one geographically speaking.

The only thing I could think of is maybe he has an alternate way to get naturalists than faith because I've always felt that's always been counterintuitive when playing as him.
    Presumably maybe make naturalists purchasable with gold and maybe his national parks can also provide gold based off of tourism as well.

Alternatively he could unlock the builder ability to plant woods earlier than usual but I don't think that's enough.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020