1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Nerevatar

Nerevatar Warlord

They might have done it specifically to add a large oppotunity cost to pursue CS play. It should make each playthrough more different, since you might sometime pursue it and other times not, instead of it just happening incidently always.

To me, that sounds positive.

Datgingah, AntSou, Josephias and 2 others like this.
  2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

In theory I'll agree that this does feel like what the Foreign Ministry building should have been in the first place considering I hardly ever levy city-state units. At the same time it didn't need to be that complex since there was no Diplo victory in R&F when it was introduced.

I also agree with this. I'm glad that we at least get a district now that focuses on Diplo favor and a Diplo victory.

Hawke9 and acluewithout like this.
  3. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

I am talking aliens ala XCOM if they want to go the route of throwing in XCOM units into the game. They could spawn akin to meteorites with landed/crashed UFOs, spawning exploration or invasion teams in the earlier eras. Maybe they could attempt to abduct units.

In later eras, have them come to conquer earth. You could have various unit types represented by XCOM foes (Mutons/thin men/chrysallids, etc.). Of course, they would need to have a sufficient numbers and attack power to be a threat to players, seeing as how the AI is pretty poor with combat.

4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Yeah I see and understand what you meant. Personally to me that's too Sci-Fi and out there for my tastes.

5. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

I can't help but feel that they wanted to make a diplomatic district and an espionage district, but ultimately concluded that there wasn't enough there to justify either, so they combined what they had into the Diplomatic Quarter.

Jeppetto and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  6. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

I'm wondering if tomorrow we'll see a video on the persona packs. We still don't know what Bull Moose Teddy is all about.

7. TeddyMain

TeddyMain Warlord

IMO, the Persona Packs seem like something they'd more likely go more over in a livestream rather than a dedicated video. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

8. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

I really don't understand what you are all expecting. They already covered the personality packs in the video last week. You'll find out what old Teddy's bonuses are when the patch notes are released on Thursday. I really doubt that they're going to make a video just to explain old Teddy's bonuses.

9. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

TeddyMain is right though, they have generally accompanied these things with an hour livestream to illustrate the new content. I could see them touching on Teddy and Catherine in a livestream, since they only have one civ to go over this month.

10. Haig

Haig Deity

What time was the first DLC released? And when were the patch notes released last time? Thank you!

11. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

6PM BST iirc. Patch notes released at same time as patch.

Haig likes this.
  12. FedorWin

FedorWin Chieftain

Have they announced the livestream yet?
    Also was the Maya/GC livestream before the DLC itself?

I definitely remember that the June livestream was just after release, but it wasn’t a major update

Hawke9 likes this.
  13. Alexander's Hetaroi

Yes I wouldn't be surprised since there are so many questions at least regarding Bull Moose Teddy that they might address it during the livestream.

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  14. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

I'd like to know about Catherine's project, too. The +2 culture luxury bonus seems pretty weak by itself, so hopefully the project balances it out. I wonder if it will generate tourism directly.

15. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

In the video, they said that the project generates culture and tourism. So, yes.

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  16. Alexander's Hetaroi

The project gives out culture and tourism for each excess luxury resource you have. That means you don't want to trade away extra copies when playing as her.

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  17. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

I don't know if anyone noticed it but today's tweet has a link to this website: https://buy.civilization.com/en/game/buy-new-frontier-pass
    I haven't seen it before, but what's more interesting there is a category called Passes and Scenario Packs

Is that mean they are planning a second pass in 2021?

18. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

It may just be that they needed a section for the two odd things which didn't fall anywhere else and this was the most egenral way they could word it. In fact, it would be more likely they are planning something If there was separately DLC category and separately Passes category. Given that the category itself calls them Scenario Packs when Civilizations inside them sound like better selling point makes it sound to me like some quick label.

Kjimmet, Hawke9 and blackcatatonic like this.
  19. Alexander's Hetaroi

If you click on the link there is also a Civilization and Scenario Pack Bundle Pass you can buy which includes the all the DLCs prior to the expansions: Poland DLC, Vikings Scenario, Australia, Persia and Macedon, Nubia, Khmer and Indonesia.

It doesn't necessarily mean a season 2 after NFP.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  20. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

Of course, it may mean nothing. It's just curious they have used the word "Passes" not "Pass"