1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

it will be 16 UTC, which is 18 CET

2. Buktu

Buktu Prince

Maybe you can kind of count Maori as "forrest" civ since they get bonus production on forrests and want to keep them around for the Marae bonus?

I wouldn't mind another one maybe focussed on lumbermills though. Also there are more civs with mine focus, for example Nubia or Mali.

8housesofelixir likes this.
  3. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

It would be beneficial if Brazil could unlock lumbermills on rainforest earlier. Unless they give that to Portugal. :mischief:

Currently the only civ I can think of that has bonuses towards lumbermills are Canada, and that's only if it's on snow or tundra tiles, so I think another civ for lumbermills, and camps, is warranted.

Buktu and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  4. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

Which one, then? It would be a forrest civ, but an "industrial" one, so the Maoris wouldn't count for me.

Haudenosaunee (I love how, since HK, it has been widly democratized) could fit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they made incredible work in cutting/replanting/preserving forrests and woods to ensure that, while it's put to use, it's still sustainable?

I don't really see any other civ that could have benefits from lumbermills. All civs cut trees at one point in their History, and none truly make it something unique in their structures AFAIK. Gauls were known to be incredible metal-workers and miners (as well as Hittites IIRC) so it's good for them. Mayas... Well, it goes with the fact that their observatories were in plains with nothing to block the view and helped a lot with farming... But a mesopotamian civ could have had something similar (it's actually exactly the design of Babylonians in Humankind: the Astronomy House gain science from adjacent farm districts and exploit food as well as science). Canada has it, but that's all.

The only kind of civs I could think with a bonus from lumbermills would be a maritime civ (because of all the woods used for boats). But isn't it kind of a stretch?

So... if anyone has another idea than the Haudenosaunee for our Lumbermill civ, make him speak, because as a lot of people here I love to learn.

5. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

You say it, maybe mixing magic potion with the spearman vs tank meme was too much

:spear:

Et tu, xxxx? Is a generic meme, but I think it is also commonly used in Asterix, tough.

Kjimmet likes this.
  6. Alexander's Hetaroi

I mean I said it jokingly but Portugal could actually work. That's why they went to Brazil and ended up getting a monopoly on the production of brazilwood.

It makes much more sense than the Iroquois who would focus more on camps.

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

If the Haudenosaunee were designed around the Beaver Wars, they absolutely could have bonuses to/adjacent to Camps and it would be historically sensible. They ripped apart their neighboring tribes in an economic war to control the fur trade with the Europeans.

8. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Not lumber mill related, but with regards to forests, it absolutely kills me that Canada's UI wasn't a fur trapping thing or a sap house!

9. Alexander's Hetaroi

Right I was agreeing they could get bonuses for camps but it would be the lumbermills that wouldn't make sense at all.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  10. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

But we don't have to use lumber mills to create forest civ. It could be a mechanic: districts adjacency bonus or/and forest adjacent to districts/UI grain bonus yield
    For example:
    a) districts grain minor adjacency bonus (0,5) form forests and major adjacency bonus from camps (2).
    b) UI (let's say it will be production/gold Civ) gives bonus production to adjacent forests. Must be built adjacent to the district. / or UB building replacing market gives bonus production to adjacent forests (or perhaps all forests) and bonus gold from camps.
    c) unimproved forests grain additional gold bonus.
    d) can plant forests earlier in a game.
    e) +1 amenities if city center is adjacent to the forest.
    Those mechanics can be spread between UI, LA and UA.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  11. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

Now that the Statue of Zeus is in the game, I think there should be an achievement when building all seven wonders of the ancient world :p.

I know this is very difficult, but maybe it is possible if you play in lower difficulties and as China.

12. salty mud

salty mud Deity

That'd be a cool and thematic achievement. Imagine if there were some sort of super-adjacency bonus for putting them all close to each other...

PS, update your sig. ;)

13. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Canada should have been made to be the Lumberjack civ.

679x and 8housesofelixir like this.
  14. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

Well in this particular case yes, though it'd be true in general too ;3

15. Eagle Pursuit

The update has begun.

You know, they barely talked about the patch this time around.

16. Eagle Pursuit

A new DLC has been added on SteamDB. There's no name yet. Presumably it's for the January DLC. We still have MoorTires in the docket that is presumably the November DLC.

Guandao, Inawordyes, Kjimmet and 4 others like this.
  17. bbbt

bbbt Deity

Wait, I totally missed that the November DLC was named 'MoorTires'. Should we just assume a Berber civ incoming at this point? Or maybe that's a little too on the nose.

18. Alexander's Hetaroi

I think it could. It could also relate to Portugal which was controlled by the Moors from North Africa for centuries. I think those two are the most likely options. Best to talk about it in the other thread revolving around possible new civilizations though.

19. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

More civs from Africa would be very welcome. Such a rich continent with an immensely long history should have more representatives in the Civilization series at large.

20. Eagle Pursuit

The newest DLC is named MouthBag.

AsH2, Guandao, Inawordyes and 6 others like this.