[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

My favorite references are still the two Doctor Horrible's Sing-along Blog references from Civ5. :lol:

If it were a Game of Thrones reference I'd expect it to be more along the lines of a lot of expletives and a denial of the existence of light. :p
...and calling the likes of Kirby "sweet summer children." :p

Such edgelords. I much prefer something less shocking, thank you.

I agree with you, Zaarin, on this matter.

Last edited:
Y'all

I admit it. All of the Steam achievements are Duck Tales references. Every one of them.
An opportunity had been wasted for getting the achievement "Toys Czar Us" for retiring John Spilsbury.

Toys Czar Us is the name of an episode of Darkwing Duck, which is a sister show of DuckTales.

That episode had the town become Toyland complete with plush pillow roads.

Nuclear winter > comets.

Anyone else find comets lame? Besides being nonsensical, the game just sort of ends... As an alternative, we should get a sort of global nuclear winter (greatly accelerated by actual nukes) as the end game climate disaster. Ultimately, all tile food yields would drop to zero —> mass starvation.

IIRC even Civ II had something like this with melting polar ice caps.

I think the takeaway from NFP is that they have a lot of interesting concepts, but they could all be significantly improved and fleshed out. Sincerely hoping Heroes mode changes this trajectory.

In general, I wouldn't mind if apocalypse mean a little bit more than just comets (as in variety of things) , and those comets could do a little more damage (we all remember what happened to dinosaurs right ? ;))

"No light without the dark" is such a common expression that I couldn't venture to guess, but for some reason it makes me think of "Dancing in the Dark." :p I admit Chinua Achebe would be my only thought about "Things Fall Apart," though.

To me it reminds of the great Terry Pratchett quote:

"There is one thing faster than light, and that is Dark. No matter how fast light goes, the Dark is always there ahead of it."

MouthBag? Is the Civ 6 AI coming up with these codenames?
Nah, I'd rather blame @Andrew Johnson [FXS] ..:bounce:
The newest DLC is named MouthBag.

Big jawed Kublai incoming.

Kublai does have a big jaw - in all the illustrations of him, that is - and Macro Polo also described him as a round-faced, chucky man.

In addition, to quote a weird connection between MouthBag and East Asia made by me:
The Chinese word for "pocket" is written as 口袋 (kodai). This word can be broken into separate characters 口 and 袋. In Chinese, 口 means mouth, 袋 means bag. Then you have "MouthBag" as a strange direct translation of "pocket" in Chinese - on the other hand, what is this "pocket" indicating is beyond my knowledge.

Achievements

Babylon Rocker - win as Hammurabi

Let's Do The Time Warp Again - as Babylon, earn 5 tech boosts that are at least one era later than your current era

Sing, O Muse - Claim every hero across multiple games

Clash of the Titans - Kill a hero with a hero

The Brave Live Forever - recall a hero 5 times in one game

Steel-driving Man - Recall a hero after the Industrial era

The Dream Team - Claim 5 Heroes in a single game

(Love the Iliad reference)

Nah, I'd rather blame @Andrew Johnson [FXS] ..:bounce:
In all honesty, I have no idea who makes up the names, what they mean, or why!

Re: Iliad reference - that, too, is I think not one of mine (Dave McDonough, maybe?). Alas, we've got no Iliad heroes in here - a bit low-hanging fruit to be honest (unless Mystery 12th Person is... got to wait for tomorrow to find out!) The William Gibson one is mine, though. No Disney refs, though, that's for sure!

The name of the new (and final) DLC is PeachNPoppy

Mm... seems an Ice Cream flavour... ¡¡Italy confirmed!! :p

Kublai does have a big jaw - in all the illustrations of him, that is - and Macro Polo also described him as a round-faced, chucky man.

In addition, to quote a weird connection between MouthBag and East Asia made by me:

Pocket may also refer to Alternate Economy mode :goodjob:

The name of the new (and final) DLC is PeachNPoppy
Dunno about poppy, but peach originated in China, Portugal held Macau, a colony in China, therefore the last DLC is Portugal, nevermind that it originated on exactly the opposite side of China than the one in which Portugal held their colony in :mischief:

for the past 17mins I've been wondering why they've not started the Babylon pack livestream... and now I've realised they put 5pm GMT in some places and 7pm GMT in others... still just under another 2hrs...

They keep messing up British time like a few months ago they called BST "British Standard Time". (Should of been British Summer Time)

Oh well; the most exciting bit for me I'm looking forward to in the stream is spying more new City States and their bonuses!

for the past 17mins I've been wondering why they've not started the Babylon pack livestream... and now I've realised they put 5pm GMT in some places and 7pm GMT in others... still just under another 2hrs...

They keep messing up British time like a few months ago they called BST "British Standard Time". (Should of been British Summer Time)

Oh well; the most exciting bit for me I'm looking forward to in the stream is spying more new City States and their bonuses!

Ah, yeah. It's 7PM over there in Albion.

Top Bottom