[NFP] Civilization VI: New Frontier Pass Discussion Thread

The Rock-Hewn Church gets an ability for Gathering Storm, no reason why Portugal couldn't get something similar.
You are right. I don't see loyalty though being in an ability, though I could be wrong. But I could see a loyalty bonus be part of their unique infrastructure, like I mentioned similar to Spain's mission gaining loyalty bonuses with the expansions.

You are right. I don't see loyalty though being in an ability, though I could be wrong. But I could see a loyalty bonus be part of their unique infrastructure, like I mentioned similar to Spain's mission gaining loyalty bonuses with the expansions.

Yeah, if they get loyalty bonuses I would assume it would be from the feitoria but whether that's an improvement or district remains to be seen.

I still want Civ that generates City-States by founding cities on non-home Continent and then Greyeminences them. I wanted to mod Portugal in with that ability but it'd take millenia for me, even now that Barbarian Mode gives good basis and I have way too much work rn and I'd want to make remake of Governments first. Firaxis plz, I'll be a good boi all year.

I still want Civ that generates City-States by founding cities on non-home Continent and then Greyeminences them. I wanted to mod Portugal in with that ability but it'd take millenia for me, even now that Barbarian Mode gives good basis and I have way too much work rn and I'd want to make remake of Governments first. Firaxis plz, I'll be a good boi all year.
Well if Portugal doesn't get loyalty bonuses but still requires you to settle cities on other continents for it's bonuses you might get your wish somewhat if city-states equal free cities. :mischief:

Well if Portugal doesn't get loyalty bonuses but still requires you to settle cities on other continents for it's bonuses you might get your wish somewhat if city-states equal free cities. :mischief:

You know a civ that supports Loayalty of Free Cities to maintain them free and then gains yields off them is another idea.

Though in Civ 7, rather than this being quirk of a civ, given that the game format seems to have going wide as its goal under all circumstances, I'd want Tall playstyle to be "go wide through indirect means", allowing you to get network of Souzerainity, power from Free Cities maintaining them as such, with cities on foreign continents you only partially benefit off (colonies) etc.

You know a civ that supports Loayalty of Free Cities to maintain them free and then gains yields off them is another idea.
I have a feeling though that instead of settling lots of cities on other continents their UI might just bring back yields from neutral territories similar to the Vampire Castle.

I have a feeling though that instead of settling lots of cities on other continents their UI might just bring back yields from neutral territories similar to the Vampire Castle.
As have many other people. It would be a waste of a good mechanic to not do so.

Personally I would prefer if we got something more creative than a reused mode mechanic.

But since the devs seem to be taking ideas wholesale from these forums, given how often this idea has been talked about I could absolutely see them settling on it.

I would rather the feitoria be a mandatory coastal improvement myself, encourage Portugal to be a counterpoint to Phoenicia and Indonesia.

Personally I would prefer if we got something more creative than a reused mode mechanic.

But since the devs seem to be taking ideas wholesale from these forums, given how often this idea has been talked about I could absolutely see them settling on it.

I would rather the feitoria be a mandatory coastal improvement myself, encourage Portugal to be a counterpoint to Phoenicia and Indonesia.
I mean it would definitely still have the coastal requirement still, maybe even required to be built adjacent to a luxury resource, instead of anywhere like the Vampire Castle.

I like the idea of the UA being "trade routes gain extra gold for tiles over water". That would be snappy. And I'll never admit that I misread the leak and assumed Joao V and not Joao III. V was known for massive income and infrastructure improvement. Now I need to go read about III. Damn Civ makin' me do homework.

Edit: While updating my forum signature, I realized I did pretty well for NFP. Hopefully we get a "Final Frontier Pass" or "Further Frontier Pass" that includes the Apache, Italy, and the much-needed alt-leader for Egypt. Since we know leaders can have different capitals, I also can't decide if I want Iosef Stalin for Russia or Ivan III, either of which has their capital in Moscow so Peter can correctly move his capital to Saint Petersburg.

Last edited:
i think it's trash we're not getting a female leader. I am quite upset rn

Last edited:
i think it's trash we're not getting a female leader. I am quite upset rn
It's not really the end of the world. The modders can do something after it releases. At least I get to do my homework on Leaders I never knew existed again. :D

@Eagle Pursuit Not sure if you noticed or if it has been mentioned, but the D2C depot is also present in the XCOM 2, Chimera, and the Mafia games steamdb pages.

I think it might be a new bundle. It's used in other 2k titles:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Perhaps D2C to distinguish it from platform specific bundles? Bundling Mafia, Xcom and Civ together is a bit odd though.

@Eagle Pursuit Not sure if you noticed or if it has been mentioned, but the D2C depot is also present in the XCOM 2, Chimera, and the Mafia games steamdb pages.

I think it might be a new bundle. It's used in other 2k titles:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Perhaps D2C to distinguish it from platform specific bundles? Bundling Mafia, Xcom and Civ together is a bit odd though.

I hadn't looked at those, but I'm also not terribly surprised. I don't think it's a bundle, there is some kind of independent app attached to the D2C depot. I think it's something to do with My2K.

That's more than a facepalm. :mischief:

Edit: While updating my forum signature, I realized I did pretty well for NFP. Hopefully we get a "Final Frontier Pass" or "Further Frontier Pass" that includes the Apache, Italy, and the much-needed alt-leader for Egypt. Since we know leaders can have different capitals, I also can't decide if I want Iosef Stalin for Russia or Ivan III, either of which has their capital in Moscow so Peter can correctly move his capital to Saint Petersburg.
Stalin won't happen because he'd obviously have to lead Georgia too. And of course Tamar can be the only leader for them. :p
If by a miracle we get another pass I'd be surprised if they didn't give us another Egyptian leader.

Bad things happen when Russia has the Georgian spirit. :shifty:
Well kremlins existed since the medieval ages in Russian cities too. :mischief:

Lady Six Sky has her name engraved on her necklace. That's cute.
Spoiler :
upload_2021-3-15_0-23-58.png

For a second there I thought I was onto another Firaxis logo. But I think there may be none in NFP?

I hadn't looked at those, but I'm also not terribly surprised. I don't think it's a bundle, there is some kind of independent app attached to the D2C depot. I think it's something to do with My2K.

D2C stands for Direct to Consumer--it's the difference between selling your own game directly to the customer, or using someone else's storefront.
And wouldn't you know it, five months ago, Take-Two were advertising for a "Developer Relations Manager" post in their D2C team.

https://gamejobs.co/Developer-Relations-Manager-at-Take-Two-Interactive

My best guess is that this is either experimentation of 2K's own storefront launcher using some of their recent games, or actually designing it to roll it out in the future, as one of the recent XCOM 2 changes on SteamDB involved changing a launcher's file path from "Launcher\2klauncher\launcher.exe" to "2KLauncher\Launcher\Patcher.exe"

Top Bottom