1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

I don't understand the hate for the Maya at all. They force you to play the game a bit differently, but they are insanely powerful when played the correct way. One of my favorite science civs, hands down.

2. zhugejingqi

zhugejingqi Chieftain

They have to design a truly high civilization. The problem with Maya civilization in the game is that it sacrifices a lot of standardized game experience, but does not bring about a special game experience.

3. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

I kind of disagree because no one else can turn literal farmland into a science powerhouse, but to each their own! I had a lot of fun trying to stick within the confines of the civ and maximize my placements. I don't have to think that much with lots of other civs.

Kjimmet, Myomoto, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
  4. zhugejingqi

zhugejingqi Chieftain

If you like it, after all, generally speaking, when someone else has gone into space, Lady Six Day can't hug her stars.

5. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

i find that with the maya, if you get a good start, you’ll be unstoppable from the beginning no matter what happens. If you have a poor start, they’ll struggle. But they’re amazing at science victories if you get a good start.

I think that’s my only real gripe with the maya. You can’t really win a science vic if you don’t get a start with lots of plantation resources, at least in my experience, although starts without plantation resources could still allow you to just generally amass wealth or go for a culture victory thanks to their yields bonus.

Jkchart and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  6. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

People!

There's a new DLC. It's called MoorTires.

There's your hint. By the way, it's not the September one, which is the old SoonTM DLC. So, November is a North African civ.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  7. zhugejingqi

zhugejingqi Chieftain

I did an experiment where I played different civilizations on the same map and tested their strengths. Maya has an advantage only in a few cases, but it can't be the one with the most advantage.

8. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES Morocco perhaps?

9. zhugejingqi

zhugejingqi Chieftain

Can you further explain how this helps our analysis? I personally think that represents a much lower probability that Portugal and Italy will appear at the same time.

10. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Moor = North Africa and Tire=Tyre where Dido was from before she fled to Carthage. So does that mean Numidia?

Alternatively the Moors did conquer Iberia so it could mean Portugal as well. :p

Kjimmet, Xandinho and Jkchart like this.
  11. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

OR Granada

EDIT: js :p

12. Alexander's Hetaroi

I find that unlikely considering Granada is a city-state that was already taken out from Spain and an Emirate of Granada would have to include a lot of Spanish cities on the list. :p
    Besides the fact that there's an achievement related to Granada in the Vikings Scenario DLC.

Jkchart likes this.
  13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Or maybe Morocco with some kind of modern Mech Inf unit or scout?

Jkchart likes this.
  14. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

I know it was a joke (maybe wishful thinking as well since I did plug for a Granada civ once)

15. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

anecdotal evidence is not evidence.
    tbh, i’m hoping this is the case (this being that the name suggest Portugal), as it would minimize the disruption required to get all of Europe, Middle East and Native America in to the game during this expansion. Although I’d like to see the Berbers more than Portugal.
    thats hype, but means original predictions will be a bit weird:

since January we know is asia (Vietnam and Kublai) and November and March are 1 civ DLCs and September is a 2 civ DLC, if November is the Berbers or Morocco or Numidia, then between the Middle East, Europe and Native Americans, you only have 2 DLC options. Assume March is a Native American civ (if November is indeed a North African civ, then there is a possibility that the May DLC represented both Americas, maya as NA and Gran Colombia as SA), then either September is 2 middle east civs, 2 european civs, or one of each (like Byzantium + Assyria, for example, which still has some geographical theming)

That, in my mind, increases the likelihood of a second season imo

Nah. While Morocco has been influenced by Berber culture, it’s lost a lot of said culture as well. I’d personally prefer a Berber civ outright, because the two aren’t interchangeable, and i’d personally like to see Dihya. That said, many Islamosphere civs have ended up not being Muslim in this game, more so than usual, (there’s only 3 muslim civs — Mali, Ottomans and Arabia. Compare that to civ 5, where you had Arabia, Songhai, Morocco and Ottomans, which is still not a lot, imo)

16. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

OMG, I really hope this. It doesn't matter to me if it's Berber, Morocco or Numidia, as long as we have a civ from the Maghreb region I will be very excited.

17. dc1215

dc1215 Chieftain

What I think this does is drastically increase the probability that there is going to be content beyond this pass. I don’t see a scenario where they leave out Byzantines, Babylon/Assyria, Portugal, and another NA civ, unless this means Vietnam is out.

Kjimmet, conorbebe, AntSou and 2 others like this.
  18. Red Adept

Red Adept Warlord

Certainly hope it's Morocco or the Berbers. Not sure I believe the "Tire=Tyre" connection, it's not fooling anyone with the association if that's the case, why not just use the 'y'? Maybe it has something to do with the game mode.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Jkchart and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  19. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

yup, exactly. Assuming that November is a North African civ and not Portugal (which is possible, especially bcs one could make an argument that Portugal ended up being more influenced by Andalusian Moors than Spain did). Moor in and of itself refers to Berber or Arab people in Iberia, so this being Portugal definitely shouldn't be discounted, but if it isn’t, then you’re guaranteed to miss out on two of Portugal, Babylon, Byzantium, Assyria and a Native American civ. Given the high popularity, regulars status and importance of those options, you’re going to be missing out on arguably necessary civs. So in my mind, provided November isn’t Portugal, the chance of a second expansion, if not already planned but rather occurring by popular demand, is good.

dc1215 and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  20. Alexander's Hetaroi

I'm not sure what the name could mean considering Runner was the original name for Maya and Gran Colombia and well not Ethiopia. :mischief:
    Though I guess it could refer to Gran Colombia's extra movement.
    Was Ethiopia Plaid?