[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

I'm not sure what the name could mean considering Runner was the original name for Maya and Gran Colombia and well not Ethiopia. :mischief:
Though I guess it could refer to Gran Colombia's extra movement.
Was Ethiopia Plaid?
wait, plaid was the code name for ethiopia? if so, this code name could literally mean nothing.

And assuming code names do mean something, what does SoonTM mean? Does it refer to timeframes? then that would point towards bronze age ancient civ’s like Babylon, Assyria and the Hittites

Certainly hope it's Morocco or the Berbers. Not sure I believe the "Tire=Tyre" connection, it's not fooling anyone with the association if that's the case, why not just use the 'y'? Maybe it has something to do with the game mode.

If there were any new resources, I would suggest Rubber as a strategic.

If there were any new resources, I would suggest Rubber as a strategic.
i’d imagine that being a possibility, it would be the only plantation strategic, but what units would it be used for? Wouldn’t it being a bonus or luxury also make just as much sense?

I need to review my bets.
I'd say that the September pack is centered on the Middle East, I would put Byzantines and Babylon/Assyria here.
If the November pack is really from North Africa, I'd say that a civ Berber led by Dihya sounds likely to me.
The January pack is probably centered on East Asia, with Vietnam and Kublai Khan.
Finally, the March pack I'd bet on Portugal, although this would mean that we wouldn't get a civilization native from NA, I don't see them cutting Portugal in the end.

The lack of a North American native civ may be an indication that we will have another round of passes, after all.

If the pattern of three female leaders by expansion continues, then we will have Lady Six Sky, Dihya and someone between Theodora or one of the Trưng sisters.

wait, plaid was the code name for ethiopia? if so, this code name could literally mean nothing.

And assuming code names do mean something, what does SoonTM mean? Does it refer to timeframes? then that would point towards bronze age ancient civ’s like Babylon, Assyria and the Hittites
Ethiopia I think was either Plaid or Zoom Zoom. I'm not sure.
@Eagle Pursuit would know.

Dihya is really interesting because in addition to being female I also remember looking at someone’s graphic that showed late antiquity/dark age as being totally underrepresented in the game. Great possibility it is her. I think this may completely blow any of our assumptions on civs this year out of the water if there is more content coming. They’ll definitely save some of the big ones for last.

There was also TinyCar, and it was one of the Personas. No idea what it referred to.
New Catherine looking like a clown/carnival goer? :mischief:

That being said if one is named RedHerring I give up on trying to figure that one out. :lol:

I need to review my bets.
I'd say that the September pack is centered on the Middle East, I would put Byzantines and Babylon/Assyria here.
If the November pack is really from North Africa, I'd say that a civ Berber led by Dihya sounds likely to me.
The January pack is probably centered on East Asia, with Vietnam and Kublai Khan.
Finally, the March pack I'd bet on Portugal, although this would mean that we wouldn't get a civilization native from NA, I don't see them cutting Portugal in the end.

The lack of a North American native civ may be an indication that we will have another round of passes, after all.

If the pattern of three female leaders by expansion continues, then we will have Lady Six Sky, Dihya and someone between Theodora or one of the Trưng sisters.
the issue is byzantium is rarely, if ever, associated with asia or the middle east, even less so than Georgia. I don’t think it would be put with middle eastern civs in a middle eastern pack.

Imo, there’s 3 possibilities here now

Assuming the code name refers to a North African Civ:

Possibility 1: September is Europe and March is Mesopotamia

September: Portugal, Byzantines

November: Berbers/Morocco/Numidia

Jan: Vietnam, Kublai Khan

March: Babylon/Assyria/Hittites

Chance of Second Season: Decent, but not High (All core civs represented provided Babylon is in, no native americans is understandable bcs in this scenario Maya would’ve been treated as the NA native american civ)

Possibility 2: Same as above but March is Native American civ

Chances of Second Season: pretty high: no ancient mesopotamia civ at all

Possibility 3: September is Middle East and March is a European Civ

September: 2 of Babylon, Assyria, Hittites, Oman

November: Berbers/Morocco/Numidia

January: Vietnam, Kublai Khan

March: Portugal/Byzantines/Italy

Chance of Second Season: Very High. A number of core civs would be left out, specifically one or both of Portugal and the Byz, as well as no Native American civ

Possibility 4: Same as above but March is Native American Civ

Chances of Second Season: No europe would pretty much guarantee a second one

Possibility 5: Possibility 4 but Byzantium is one of the September Civs

Chances of Second Season: High bcs no Portugal, one of Babylon and Assyria would be missing

Assuming the code name refers to November being Portugal:

Possibility 1: September is Middle East (if November is Portugal, chances are that’ll be the only european civ)

September: two of Babylon/Hittites/Assyria/Oman

November: Portugal

January: Vietnam, Kublai

March: Native American Civ

Chance of Second Season: Low but somewhat likely, no Byzantium still.

Possibility 2: Possibility 1 but March is North African

Chance of Second Season: Somewhat higher than Possibilty 1

Possibility 3: Possibility 1 but Byzantium counts as one of the Middle Eastern civs and march is Native American

Chance of Second Season: Very Low as all core civs are hit upon

Possibility 4: Possibility 3 but North African March

Chances of Second Season: a bit higher than Possibility 3

Assuming the code name means nothing:

a middle eastern civ could appear in november, which leaves any of the above possibilities remain as so, but with increased complexity as to what September could be. Lower chances of Second season.

the issue is byzantium is rarely, if ever, associated with asia or the middle east, even less so than Georgia. I don’t think it would be put with middle eastern civs in a middle eastern pack.
I think it's a possibility.
The Maya aren't in South America but they were paired with Gran Colombia.
Considering present-day Turkey is considered the Middle East, and Constantinople was located there, so I see no reason why it can't happen. Geographically the Byzantines would be closer to Babylon or Assyria than say Portugal or Ireland etc.

I think it's a possibility.
The Maya aren't in South America but they were paired with Gran Colombia.
Considering present-day Turkey is considered the Middle East, and Constantinople was located there, so I see no reason why it can't happen. Geographically the Byzantines would be closer to Babylon or Assyria than say Portugal or Ireland etc.
i mean with the Maya, the May pack could’ve been treated as a Americas pack or a latin America pack.

A considerably population in Belize, Mexico and Guatemala are Maya too, and although the snapshot used in civ is pre-columbian, they’re a major part of latin american existence, but the Byzantines aren’t in Anatolia in any capacity anymore. So while the Maya influenced Latin American cultures, the Byzantines didn’t do the same for Middle Eastern ones.

Tires is a city in Portugal.
that would make a lot of sense:

Moors would refer to Al-Andalus, and Tires is a somewhat obscure city in Portugal that at least the people here, if not the larger audience, wouldn’t have heard of, put those together and you get a somewhat obscure reference to a Portuguese civ

You're looking at it the wrong way. Code names do not need to be coherent across NFP for them to potentially mean something.

I think they just casually go with whatever they find amusing a the time when they have to decide on a name. Some of them might even be internal jokes. Others might willingly be nonsense just to see us try to decipher it.

Moors being a name associated with an actual culture, is not something that they'd casually drop as code name.

Btw, TinyCar = Theodore/Catherine, maybe?

SoonTM appeared a couple of days after someone suggested it as code name here on Civfanatics, if I recall correctly.

i mean with the Maya, the May pack could’ve been treated as a Americas pack or a latin America pack.
I'm still under the impression or it's the latter. It could just be wishful thinking.

A considerably population in Belize, Mexico and Guatemala are Maya too, and although the snapshot used in civ is pre-columbian, they’re a major part of latin american existence, but the Byzantines aren’t in Anatolia in any capacity anymore. So while the Maya influenced Latin American cultures, the Byzantines didn’t do the same for Middle Eastern ones.
I agree. Then again the Ottomans have kept the Hagia Sophia and it's been considered special to the Islamic world as well.

Either way I see the Byzantines as being one of the only special cases where they could be paired with another European civ or Middle Eastern, in my opinion.

Any chances of MoorTires referring to a transport-based gamemode? "More Tires" could be a bit too literal though
Cars in civ? maybe it’s an exploration game mode?

Either way I see the Byzantines as being one of the only special cases where they could be paired with another European civ or Middle Eastern, in my opinion.

if they consider MENA as one in-game region, portugal could reasonably be considered one of those pairable civ’s too, specifically with Morocco.

Here's a shot in the dark. How do you pronounce Dihya in Berber? Would it sound like or rhyme with tire?

Top Bottom