[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

Yeah, the DLC is the xpack they had been working on, split (and maybe with more stuff).

I think that they could add to the base game some stuff that might be too big, such as an economic victory, as Free DLC if they want to

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    RohirrimElf likes this.
  2. Bosque

Bosque Warlord

I really agree with almost all of your predictions. And while the Iroquois might be the best guess, they are very close to the TSL of Canada, Cree and America. The biggest TSL gap is in western North America. I would prefer to see the Haida or Tlingit in the Pacific coast region. A totem pole as a unique monument replacement would be a natural choice. Benefits for fishing boats would be good as well. And maybe a UU of a war canoe.

3. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I agree. The capital city isn't the issue anyway. A Medici would have their capital at Florence anyway.

At this point looking at the options it seems that I'm either going to deal with not having Italy, or another NA tribe from the look of things. I guess we'll see.
    Byzantium is looking more probable at returning for Europe (for obvious reasons) and Portugal is most likely a given.

Guandao, CivLuvah and luigilime like this.
  4. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Give that Varangoi with Basileios II Bulgaroktonos so it makes even more sense :p

5. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

We understand bite. I might also delay sleep for 2 hours to get a glimpse of the Mayan civilization.

CivLuvah and bite like this.
  6. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

I'm not so sure on Portugal. We're all assuming we get 1 season pack, but what if we don't?

7. Xandinho

Xandinho Deity

I think Portugal is the most likely European civ to get.

Guandao, Inawordyes, Kjimmet and 5 others like this.
  8. Alexander's Hetaroi

They would make a great UU for him along with the Dromon as the Civ UU.
    Unfortunately only Justinian and Theodora seems to exist in Civ Byzantine universe according to tweets and past appearances.

Guandao and TahamiTsunami like this.
  9. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

This is a good point. If they are ambitious, they will likely hold back some of the remaining series regular civs for a possible second season pass.

nauberry, Guandao, Inawordyes and 4 others like this.
  10. dc1215

dc1215 Chieftain

Could be both too, I do like dromons as well. I was just thinking of Italian wars that occurred during Justinian’s reign so my mind went to a land unit. Would they do varangian guard if humankind has also done that?

The Italian-heavy city state list is more of a product of my guess that Italy is out. However they definitely have a good chance to show up in pack 5 - no denying that.

I’d be happy with new ones. Marienburg, Luxembourg, Knossos, Iasi, Kashgar, Nicosia, Colchis, etc.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  11. Vahnstad

Vahnstad King

maybe the most likely, but not a given. Seems like Firaxis surprises us all the time. Of course we can get Portugal and another new European civ like Goths, Gauls, Iceni, Ireland, Bulgaria, Italy, or a OCC civ ... . Byzantium is more likely i think. Babylon less likely because Assyria and Palmyra are in the running for that spot. I think we have 50% chance to get Portugal or not. More likely if this is the last civ content however.

12. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

I would think Babylon is incredibly likely - they've been included in every numbered version of Civ so far

Guandao, Inawordyes, Kjimmet and 6 others like this.
  13. Alexander's Hetaroi

As I mentioned above, Varangian Guard would go great with Basil II as his UU. But I would pick the Dromon as the Civ UU, in my opinion.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  14. Pistol90

Pistol90 Prince

Well with no First Look today, that will lower chances for Devs live stream ... and I would really love to have one, and specially for the first DLC to clarify some thing and introduce all balancing updates and other smaller things.

15. Eagle Pursuit

They are the most likely, in my opinion. I do not believe they will ever be replaced in the roster.

16. Xandinho

Xandinho Deity

I hope so. Assyria would be a nice addition, but I particularly prefer Babylon, as this has become a familiar player after so many appearances in previous editions.

17. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Which irks me a bit, because A, Eastern Rome/Byzantium has about 1000 years of leaders to choose from and B, Justinian is kinda overrated. Sure, he conquered Rome, built Hagia Sofia and expanded the Byzantine Empire's western borders greatly, but also lost two wars against Khosrow I, his subjects hated him, he sacked Belisarius, one of his two most competent generals (other being Narses), his wars in Italy turned large parts of it into depopulated ruin, his rapid conquests overstretched the empire and made it horribly difficult to defend, and, most importantly, he managed to bring an empire as rich as Eastern Rome to financial ruin :p

Guandao and Zaarin like this.
  18. Eagle Pursuit

Assyria and Babylon have been side by side before. As have Babylon and Sumeria. There's no reason to expect that they wouldn't again.

Guandao, Jeppetto, Inawordyes and 5 others like this.
  19. dc1215

dc1215 Chieftain

Akkad led by sargon!

20. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

They spoke Akkadian, but culturally they were Sumerian. It makes no sense to have Akkad as a civilization in a game that already has Sumer.

Guandao and riddleofsteel like this.