[vanilla] Civilization VI theme - Sogno di Volare

In my head I'm seeing a Montage of human achievements ending with Elon Musk announcing his Mars mission and the mission launching followed by humans arriving.

All of this could be reality in 15 years and that's the only measure I have for a Civ theme. This piece is uplifting and forward looking.

I'm just so very tired of people who say no to everything and whine about everything. Good thing to wake up today that and the Nintendo Switch reveal.

Lyrics is out!

Una volta che avrà
spiccato il volo deciderà,
sguardo verso il ciel, sarà,
lì a casa il cuore sentirà!  

Una volta che avrà
sguardo verso il ciel, sarà,

E nei mari prima o poi,
verso il sole grande è il cielo,
sorvolando il grande monte Ceceri,
libera, il vento, l'universo,
il suo cuore, gloria!  

Una volta che avrà,
spiccato il volo, ancora deciderà,
sguardo verso il ciel sarà,

L'uomo verrà portato,
alla sua evasione,
come gli uccelli verso il cielo!  

Libera, il vento,
l'universo, il suo cuore gloria!  

Una volta che avrà
sguardo verso il ciel, sarà

Gloria! Gloria!

Once he
has soared, he will decide
his look will be towards the sky
there his heart will feel at home  

Once he

And in the seas sooner or later,
towards the sun big is the sky,
flying over the great mount Ceceri
he frees the wind, the universe,
his heart, glory!  

And once he
has soared, he will still decide

The man will be taken
to his only escape
like birds towards the sky!
He frees the wind, the universe,
his heart, glory!  

And once he

Glory! Glory!

In my head I'm seeing a Montage of human achievements ending with Elon Musk announcing his Mars mission and the mission launching followed by humans arriving.

All of this could be reality in 15 years and that's the only measure I have for a Civ theme. This piece is uplifting and forward looking.

I'm just so very tired of people who say no to everything and whine about everything. Good thing to wake up today that and the Nintendo Switch reveal.

I know, this is really inspiring. I also love the title - Dream of Flying. In a way, it encapsulates the whole history of humanity.

Wow. As someone has pointed out in the comments to the youtube clip, the first stanza is actually the Leonardo da Vinci quote that is used for the discovery of Flight in CiV:

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

So many feels. :)

Honestly the song rocks. Sounds freaking epic, never thought I'd love another Civ's intro song as much as Baba Yetu but the more I listen to it the more I like it.

Just popped up on my feed
The Civilization VI theme is Sogno di Volare (Dream of Flight)
Studio version (Full length)

Concert version (full length)

Launch trailer

Christopher Tin interview

Christopher Tin confirms the theme is 'Eurocentric' & is thematically the same as Baba Yetu as a celebratory song.

I am jamming out to this right now~

Ty for the heads up OP

Whoa...

I'm simply blown away. That is one of the most beautiful pieces I have heard in a long time. Definitely on-par with Baba Yetu; Christopher Tin is a wonderful composer. I think Firaxis could have released JUST this song and no other information about Civ VI, and I probably would have pre-ordered. :bowdown: This majestic piece of music will have to hold me over until I can actually play this fabulous game tomorrow night...

Sogno di Volare is epic, uplifting song. Baba Yetu is more catchy and energetic. On the first several few seconds, I like them both. But when Sogno di Volare becomes...busy, I prefer Baba Yetu's more simplistic yet catchy arrangement.

I don't like it, I did at first, but now I find It's a little too generic and seems a little too over the top and bombastic for staring at menus and setting up games.

worst of all, it's way too short!! It repeats about 5 or 6 times by the time I've set up and started a game. This induces some type of madness upon me I haven't known since working in grocery stores at Christmas time.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Top Bottom