[vanilla] Civilization VI theme - Sogno di Volare

Wow, goosebumps from the beginning till the end! Different flavor from Baba Yetu, but it is not at all inferior. Maybe it's this version, but I like how the vocals are prominent throughout the piece. Baba Yetu's instruments would feel slightly overwhelming at certain parts, after all.

The part from 1:41 is really inspiring (or my goosebumps are telling me so), and the last minute is simply glorious. Damn, I need to play this game now. Good thing I'm in Zone 1.

Baba Yetu was timeless because its both catchy, and epic, while Sogno's lyric is not easy to follow much less hum together with the tune (at least for me), but in terms of the music? Both are equal imo

I have to say, do yourself a favor, put it on loop, listen to it once or twice. It definitely grows on you. I'm loving the middle sections. Around 2:10 gives me some sharp feels.

It's not Baba Yetu, but that's a completely unfair comparison.

Tastes are of course different, but to me this fits civ much better than Baba Yetu. I like the epic appeal and the text very much. It's also very catchy, I just hope for a better choir performance in the studio recording. While Tin might be a very good composer, he didn't manage to get his musicians on the same line as a conductor in this version.
Edit: I don't quite get the incredible love Baba Yetu receives here. It's a good piece of music. But incomparable? No, definitely not. It's has always been a bit too cliché 'Lion King' style African music for me. And a bit over the top in its pathetic appeal.

Last edited:
I have to say, do yourself a favor, put it on loop, listen to it once or twice. It definitely grows on you. I'm loving the middle sections. Around 2:10 gives me some sharp feels.

It's not Baba Yetu, but that's a completely unfair comparison.
It's only unfair insofar as we have been exposed to Baba Yetu much longer. It's not that Baba Yetu eclipses Sogno di Volare as a piece of music, IMO. For what it's worth, this song is already earworming its way in my brain, even though I can't hum the lyrics like I could Baba Yetu. Fifth listen right now, and counting.

The way I feel is that as a composition this is miles ahead of baba. As a theme for a civ game baba is better but as a song sogno is way better.

I can already say I'll like this as much as Baba Yetu, but the sound mixing/quality in the video is horrible. I bet it'll sound 10x better in game.

I wish it had one more quiet break right before the finale. Other than that, I really like it. Can't wait to hear the in-game version =).

God damn it, this happened literally 300m from where I was. How come I wasn't offered a ticket? :(

But in all seriousness, it's good. Much better than I expected from the instrumental only version I heard before

Top Bottom