Civilization VI was one of the top 12 selling titles on Steam this year

Leathaface

Emperor
Valve has officially released lists and the below link contains the Top Sellers. This is a list of the top 100 games that earned the most gross revenue in 2018, which includes all different kinds of Steam revenue; game sales, in-game transactions, and DLC. Here is the list:

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/winter2018bestof/

Steam also has multiple tiers for games with the most simultaneous players. The top tier is games which had over 100,000 players, there are 10 games in this tier but Civ VI didn't make it. Civ VI made the second tier though where a game had over 50,000 simultaneous players. There are 25 games in this category.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/2018_top_played/

A game is placed into a definite tier, but it's place in that tier appears to be randomized. I just refreshed the page and Civilization VI is in 7th place now. (it was 3rd before) I looked at the list before and PUGB was in 9th place which definitely isn't true.

Last edited:
If the games are organised within each rank by number of players, it seems Civ V continued to outperform Civ VI, but it's still encouraging for Civ VI.

Valve has officially released lists and the below link contains the Top Sellers. This is a list of the top 100 games that earned the most gross revenue in 2018, which includes all different kinds of Steam revenue; game sales, in-game transactions, and DLC. Here is the list:

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/winter2018bestof/

Steam also has multiple tiers for games with the most simultaneous players. The top tier is games which had over 100,000 players, there are 10 games in this tier but Civ VI didn't make it. Civ VI made the second tier though where a game had over 50,000 simultaneous players. There are 25 games in this category.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/2018_top_played/

EDIT: A game is placed into a definite tier, but it's place in that tier appears to be randomized. I just refreshed the page and Civilization VI is in 7th place now. (it was 3rd before) I looked at the list before and PUGB was in 9th place which definitely isn't true.
Given the comment you put in your post Edit, maybe we could call upon the mods to allow a topic title change for more accuracy? As it stands we don't know whether Civ VI was no. 3 or no. 12 (12 titles appear in the Platinum category at present). Still, it's evident Civ VI did well in sales overall.

Civ V continues to do well in sales, which is also surprising in a good way.

Last edited:
@Morningcalm I just edited the title there and updated the post. (if you go to "Thread Tools" to the top right of your first post in a thread you created a drop down menu appears where "Edit Title" is an option.)

*prays for 3rd expansion before the 2nd one is released*

I’d like that too. Flesh out VI as much as possible before going to a new 7 which would undoubtably be lacking in features at first. The fact that they are going multi platform as well seems to imply they might go this route.

Amazed that Skyrim is still doing so well. That game is from 2011.

I wonder how Civ Vi is doing on Switch and iPad
Please though Firaxis: don’t become the new EA or blizzard or Bethesda

@Morningcalm I just edited the title there and updated the post. (if you go to "Thread Tools" to the top right of your first post in a thread you created a drop down menu appears where "Edit Title" is an option.)
Thanks! Good to know! :)

Amazed that Skyrim is still doing so well. That game is from 2011.

I wonder how Civ Vi is doing on Switch and iPad
Please though Firaxis: don’t become the new EA or blizzard or Bethesda
Skyrim's graphics have aged fairly nicely, and it helps that the music is great and the world vast (with the cool mechanic of random dragon attacks and random powers you get from defeating them--that makes each playthrough unique and interesting).

Hopefully, this will encourage other studios to step up and provide more entries in the historical 4X genre.

Reactions: Rup
This is sales data that is really important to the viability of the franchise moving forward

Top Bottom