Civilization VI Wishlist or Ideas

This is going to end up in the Ideas and Suggestions isn't :3

- Stability (could tie nicely into district system, unemployed workers would cause instability)

- Minor Graphical Thing - LInes that determine city limits, similiar to how EUI, when hovered over shows what tiles the city posses)

- Era-Specific Music and Leaderscreens, as well as Region-Specific Music

- World Congress and perhaps Apostolic Palace. They said they're bringin in stuff from Civ 5 BNW over so fingers crossed.

- Rhye's and Fall of Civilization :p

My only wish right now is that the Aniversary Soundtrack is actually an orchestral and awesome version of classic civilization tunes + baba yetu instead of simply being the soundtrack. (Or that the soundtrack of CiVI has all those tunes, that would be fine too)

Civilization V trashing the franchise persistent diplo themes was kinda sad

More civs. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more civs.

Multiple Leaders for each Civ, similar to IV.

Having the ability to at all times see what deals you have with other Civ's during diplomacy. I hate not remembering what deals I have with Civ X when Civ Y calls me up and wants me to denounce X.

So many of the things I wanted are already in the game.
- Cities spanning multiple tiles? Check.
- Wonders need to be built on tiles? Check.
- Can use bombers/siege weapons to attack tile improvements? Check.
- Not lose the progress made in Civ5 GnK+BNW? Check.
- Improved AI behaviour? Check.

I'm at a loss as to what else I would think to put, thought I'm sure I'll read someone else's wishlist and find something I want.

I really hope they bring back corporations from Beyond the Sword or at least make a way to make use of excess bonus resources and luxuries in the form of a game mechanic.

Multiplayer friendly diplomacy system. I want to Denounce my friends damn it (in MP)

War scores. I think they'd add a more balanced rather than not knowing just how well you squashed your opponent.

Random Events wouldn't be bad.

I'd also like EUI-style interface, and elements from Cultural Diversity, Events and Decisions, Piety and Prestiage etc.

I also want to see Health back.

- Joint projects between civs that appear on the map: The United Nations. The Large Hadron Collider. Put them at risk for invasion.

- All victory progress should be tied to the map somehow. All of it. If you're making plans, they're going to be units and buildings that everyone can see.

- Have culture linked to diplomacy. The more culture you've generated, the easier city states can become permanent allies.

- Joint projects between civs that appear on the map: The United Nations. The Large Hadron Collider. Put them at risk for invasion.

!!!
I can just imagine, two Civs with a deceleration of friendship and a high enough friendship/ally score get the option to build a joint-wonder. Early on, of course, they would have to border each other for this to happen, but later on there could be all kinds of crazy things.

Moderator Action: Now that Ideas & Suggestions has been moved to Civ VI, this thread has been moved to Ideas & Suggestions.

This has been posted before but I really hope we get era-specific leaderscreens. It's super un-immersive to see a leader with a loincloth in the Atomic era. It doesn't even have to be a new leaderscreen per era- every 2 eras or every 3 eras would be fine.

I would gladly take era specific leaderscreens over animated/voiced leaderscreens.

Having the ability to at all times see what deals you have with other Civ's during diplomacy. I hate not remembering what deals I have with Civ X when Civ Y calls me up and wants me to denounce X.

Actually this is something that Ed Beach confirms in some article, like how now diplo screen is more informative bigger place where you see what's going on and strike deals etc. Sorry can't remember which article it was...

My whishlist

- Being the most moddable Civ ever (for real this time)
- Add atmospherics effects
- Throne room!

I'm playing Civilization since the very original game back in the early 1990's. To me, the game has always been first and foremost about Empire building: we start out of nothing and expand on a huge territory with an economy, cities, infrastructures, ressources and diplomacy.

I've bought Civ5 but didn't like at all the athmosphere of my first game. It seems to focus too much on the war aspect of the game, and the 1UPT made it feel like a board game, as if we were playing a go game or something. It didn't feel immersive at all. Actually I haven't even left the Ancient era in my first game, and never wanted to give it another try.

So really, what I would like for Civ6 would be to find back that immersive Empire building feel that was really a success in the earlier editions of the game. But if Civ6 continues on the Civ5 direction, then I'll simply not buy it and continue playing Civ4, like I do since more than 10 years!

Big and small:
*exiles from foreign cities approach you as new civs, offering you a quest to liberate city (x) and they will become a friendly city state. It would discourage you from turtling and make starting wars more tempting. Example: ina game without Germany, you are approached by Bismarck who says "liberate city (x) from civ (x) and i'll run it as a friendly, militaristic city state
*adjustable difficulties mid game. It seems like 9 games out of 10, by industrial era i'm so far in front or so far behind i've lost interest.
*quests. They should have the option of being truly random, or set to equalize (buffs if youre behind, penalties if youre ahead) from 'advanced setup'.
*corporations. It would be cool if, once you've established them, they run themselves without your input. Based on your terrain, some dont thrive, some become really powerful, and on rare rare occasions, sometimes they become so strong that they work against you; consuming your resources, messing with your culture, etc.
*ideology or policy unique units. I'm thinking freedom can buy Private Military Contractors, order can conscript Penal Legions, shift panzers into Autocracy.

So many more. So many ideas!!! Must chill

Realistic scaling. Having a pyramid that bigger than a city is just weird.

Less boardgamey, more simulationy.

But Civilization is a board game.

Top Bottom