Civilization VI

I only heard that CivBE is even worse than CiV, so Fireaxis has continued its downfall from CIV4 towards its descendant.

CivBE is rubbish. Civ V at least has nice graphics and wonders to build.

BE has the to be the blandest, most boring and uninteresting civ game ever, as well as being too simple.

That was my original complaint about V when play testing it.
Boring, and not the normal 'one more turn' feeling.
No one listened. I stopped playing it when it was released.

The civilization game series is like a mountain. 1-3 is ascending the mountain. 4 is located at the summit looking out over a majestic world. Civ5 and B.E. are like descending back down towards mother earth.

I thought 5 was like falling off a cliff and BE was like impacting on the plain below.

The civilization game series is like a mountain. 1-3 is ascending the mountain. 4 is located at the summit looking out over a majestic world. Civ5 and B.E. are like descending back down towards mother earth.

I really hope this isn't the case. Someday there will be a Civ VI and it will rock out of the box

I want what you're smokin. ;)

Well I suppose neither Civ IV or V rocked out of the box. However you're welcome to a puff or two anyway.

I've just gone back to playing a bit of both and I know this horse has been beat to a pulp and beyond but man I wish I had a Civ IV that had the graphics of CiV. That's what I'm hoping for in Civ 6.

I'm an old man so game play has always trumped graphics.

Well, as soon as civ6 comes out I will definitely have to create a new avatar. :lol:

I actually prefer IV graphics over V. I don't find the V graphics all that appealing. Sure, they are technically superior due to a more modern engine, but I find it hurts my eyes and I can't really make out much of anything. IV graphics seem much more tangible to me, and Blue Marble makes them even nicer. I can sink my teeth into these graphics if that makes sense.

I have a hard time now going back to older Civ games like III simply as they've become to outdated and just don't suit modern resolutions well. But IV never gets old to me as far as looks, and I don't see that ever happening.

I long gave up on V but for far more and different reasons that graphics, although it certainly didn't help.

I hope 6, whatever it is, can bring back the feel of IV graphically somehow on whatever even more modern engine it uses. Of course, the main thing is gameplay. They really have their work cut out for them to fix that aspect.

Surprised really that not a rumor has even been announced as far as I've heard.

(Oh..and hey, Tachy!!! I'm not around much myself these days but you are always certainly missed around here...and change your name back to Tachy and stop this Mango silliness ;))

Surprised really that not a rumor has even been announced as far as I've heard.

Indeed. That and a persistent itch for Civ is why I started lurking around these forums again.

IIRC from CiV though, there was a really short window (as far as these things go) from announcement to release. Like 6 months or so. I guess to avoid impacting sales of the existing products? It is overdue considering the normal Civ cycle... Then again who knows? Maybe we could be playing it early in 2016 :crazyeye:

In terms of graphics, Civ IV does hit the sweet spot of being decent enough not to get outdated. 1-3 not only look bad now, but they don't handle or feel as smooth to play as Civ IV does.

Are there any news about it?
Although, let's not fire up our hopes...

CivBE is rubbish. Civ V at least has nice graphics and wonders to build.

BE has the to be the blandest, most boring and uninteresting civ game ever, as well as being too simple.

Unfortunately I don't think Civ 6 will get back to the great gameplay of Civ4. It looks more like a case of EA: They once produced great games; then they turned to sh*t.

Oh noez, don't let Evil Arts take over Civilization(s)!

I really hope for it to become great, there must be some designer who tells them "oh, look at all those people playing CIV4 still, can't we make a renaissance?"

I'm sure they're aware of this forum, it must be possible for them to surrender to reason sometime. How if we all write to them, and argue for it? Would that find supporters?

Oh noez, don't let Evil Arts take over Civilization(s)!

I really hope for it to become great, there must be some designer who tells them "oh, look at all those people playing CIV4 still, can't we make a renaissance?"

I'm sure they're aware of this forum, it must be possible for them to surrender to reason sometime. How if we all write to them, and argue for it? Would that find supporters?
I think that is possible the stupidest thing I have ever seen you say.... deva actually listen to players and not wreck a franchise??? Roflmao

Politians are way worse than DEVs, and they listen to opinions!
If
Opinions = $$
Then
I agree

XD

In truth, they can all listen, but does it change anything? ?

Btw. Since we are so OT, welcome back from your little break :)

Top Bottom