1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization VII, later or other project.

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Naokaukodem, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

Coercion points and random events synergy :

As coercion points would represent the ability of a government to be maintained under any circumtances, diseases included, bad harvest, disasters and invasions, I'm seeing a window to make rise & fall still available but comtempting more the classical players who want cities and governments.

Let's say your coercion points generation is 11 out of 8. You are safe whatever happens now. (or not*) Now consider that the value-to-be-safe jumps in one turn from 8 to 15, because I don't know. (declared early ?) Then, you are in a zone from where, a random event would make your civ fall. BUT, if there's no negative random event in the next turns, you are simply safe, even if you have 11 coercion points out of 15 !

You can continue that route, taking the risks and all, or increase your coercion points generation to be defenitively safe. To be totally fair, a random event happening the turn the requirements increase would do nothing. (you have more turns to act)

* Or this could simply be a percentage chance of not collapsing whether you've reached the threshold or not : make it vary like 75% at 8 out of 8 and 100% at 16+ out of 8 for example. You could even make the coercion points totally invisible at this point, just display you chances of (not) collapsing to a random event and act in consequences.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  2. Naokaukodem

As far as exploration, I would choose fog of war even if already explored. It would emphasis the advantages of falls, having your population sparsed on the map, or a barbarian/etc. gameplay. As to new resources you couldn't see before, I don't know : should we push the philosophy straight forward or should we implement kinds of floating icons in the fog of war, like possible locations of a new resource explored before ?

In the same vein I would like units or animals to leave a track of their passage (like foot prints) during a certain number of turns.

3. Naokaukodem