1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Weekend At Gamersgate

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

I've noticed that many people have had problems with their Civ III Steam installations recently and thought I'd pass on this sale info from Gamersgate. It's a very good alternative digital copy to Steam without many of the hassles and right now Civ III complete is only $1.24!

Civ III Complete

And, all the other Civ titles are on sale as well for cheap:

Civilization Weekend

2. Buttercup

Buttercup King

Preaching to the choir baby, preaching to the choir!

But cool info, I'm sure there will be some steam lurkers who will find it immensely useful.

3. Laurana Kanan

4. Nathiri

Nathiri Commander

I wouldnt say people are having any more problems with steam than one might have with Gamersgate or disc copy. I've seen others who have actually had less problems with the steam copy than when they used the disc copy. My steam copy has always worked fine for me, pretty much the exact same as my disc copy. Also, if one wants to play multiplayer, it is much simpler with steam since the MP server migrated. I have seen more recently, reports of crashes or having trouble launching, but that is mainly because they are on Windows 10, which requires some tweaking for it to work, but it does work on that OS.

5. Laurana Kanan

Nathiri - I made the original post clear back in July of last year when there were several reported issues with the Steam version. There's not really any major problems now. I chose to post this new sale @ GG here because it's a good price for any disc-users who were on the fence previously and I didn't want to start a new thread. In any event, for all practical purposes there isn't any difference between the GG and Steam versions anymore since both now require Steam installation.

6. walletta

walletta King

I play via Steam and have no problems. Or none I am aware of anyway.

7. Nathiri

Nathiri Commander

Oh, I'm sorry didnt realise the original post was made then. All of the posts looked rather recent at first glance to me. Anyway I've actually had my steam civ3 since the end of 2013 and its functioned the same as when it was purchased.