Civilization

Are we talking Mola Ram temple of doom, or Aztec. Also I cannot wait to see Katerina react to the more violent leaders, or Gandhi with nukes :D . But helmling, the fact that you have made her character, well a character (something rare on internet stories about videogames) is sublime, this is simply the best thing I have read on the internet.

Wow, man. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

New updates :D The last few chapters were very eventful. What policy are you going for next? Also, build some caravans, you're losing gold and have 2 trade routes available.

New updates :D The last few chapters were very eventful. What policy are you going for next? Also, build some caravans, you're losing gold and have 2 trade routes available.

I'm not losing gold, I'm losing gold in a golden age!

Unfortunately, I can't follow your advice; I'm not playing these turns live. These were back in July (only about 10 to go, though, until I'm caught up). But basically, wonders > caravans. A couple caravans are in the queue, but I'm not done hoarding the big stuff yet. Also, with the Mausoleum, I can run a great person-based economy.

As for policies...stay tuned.

Huns and Aztecs? This is getting good, I am just more and more excited for each new turn

Well having a few hundred hours of civ under my belt, I can certainly understand if the excitement dies down, it usually does during the medieval/renaissance eras. I still don't trust Carthage, this might be meta-prediction, but I usually see her back stab people with elephants.

Well having a few hundred hours of civ under my belt, I can certainly understand if the excitement dies down, it usually does during the medieval/renaissance eras. I still don't trust Carthage, this might be meta-prediction, but I usually see her back stab people with elephants.

Oh...I should watch out for that.

Whew. Okay, that's it. I've burned through all the saved games I had from the summer. After this, I go live.

I don't want to give anything away, but I hope to make things interesting as quickly as possible.

Loving the story, really like to the fast paced yet in detail updates. Keep up the good work :)

Loving the story, really like to the fast paced yet in detail updates. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it. I played through another thirty turns or so and finally got to the good stuff. Unfortunately, it took a bit longer than I thought. I'm going to try to marathon again today and get as far as I can.

Get consulates wit your next policy and pledge to protect all city states for automatic friendships. It's really good and should definitely be taken advantage of. Also, does anyone else on your continent have a religion yet? If not, spam missionaries to spread it to the entire continent.

Wow, this story keeps getting better! Looking forward to more!
Also wanted to ask, would you ever suggest playing with the RED modpack? I'm not sure if you use mods, but the rescaling/new unit models could add yet another degree of 'realism' to the story.
Anyway, you're continuing to do a truly amazing job!

Get consulates wit your next policy and pledge to protect all city states for automatic friendships. It's really good and should definitely be taken advantage of. Also, does anyone else on your continent have a religion yet? If not, spam missionaries to spread it to the entire continent.

I've got two great prophets hitting the remaining city states, but I guess you're right, I should shift to missionaries from now on.

I'm going to jump over to Legalism first for my free opera houses, then close out Patronage.

Wow, this story keeps getting better! Looking forward to more!
Also wanted to ask, would you ever suggest playing with the RED modpack? I'm not sure if you use mods, but the rescaling/new unit models could add yet another degree of 'realism' to the story.
Anyway, you're continuing to do a truly amazing job!

I've heard of that one, but I wasn't sure how Mac friendly it was.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to change the visual style of this story and I swear up/down/sideways this is my last Civ story, so it's probably too late for me and the RED mod.

I think the familia and I are going out to dinner in a little bit so I don't want to dive back in now, but the next five turns or so are, um, pretty important. So I might try to get those in tonight. We'll see, so stay tuned.

Top Bottom