1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilizations and leaders you'd like to see.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by LightSpectra, Jul 25, 2007.

1. LightSpectra

LightSpectra me autem minui

Just for fun, of course.

Poland (Casimir III), Italy (Garibaldi), Papal States (Nicholas the Great), Isreal (David), Moors (Sulayman ibn Abd al-Malik, maybe?), Venezuela (Bolívar), Brazil (Bonifácio), and Timurids (Timur). I'm aware it would be silly to have Rome, Italy AND the Vatican. Still would rock to be the Pope :lol:

Leaders I'd like to see: Trajan (Rome), Nebuchadnezzar II (Babylon), Wu (China), Menelik II (Ethiopia), Akbar the Great (India), Abu Bakr and Harun al-Rashid (Arabia), Charles I (Spain), Meiji (Japan), and Ivan III the Great (Russia).

2. Dracleath

Dracleath Warlord

I think on the whole the civs are pretty well covered. The only one that I think is really conspicious in it's absence is Israel, who really should be in.

Otherwise I can't think of any major players, though I'd like to see the Italians, Poles and maybe Hungarians. I don't think Italy and Rome would be that weird, they're culturally distinct, you could make fairly distinct city lists, and we've had civs with geographic overlap already.

The only thing is that Italians, Poles, Hungarians, and Israelis wouldn't make much of an expansion pack, I think you'd need 8-10 civs to really make it work and I just don't think there are that many left without getting silly with it.

I could easilly think of another leader for almost every civ, though.

First of all, Saladin and Kublai should be added as choices to Egypt and China respectively. This is easilly done in the editor and doesn't cause any problems that I've noticed.

For new leaders, along with the ones you mentioned, I'd like to see Constantine (Rome and Byzantium), Abbas I (Persia), Hirohito (Japan, not that he's really special but it would keep with the WWII theme), William the Conqueror (England, need some more medieval leaders), Phillip II (spain), Otto 1 (HRE), just off the top of my head.

3. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

4. Fifty

Fifty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. PimpyMicPimp

PimpyMicPimp Regrets His Username.

I want Tommy Douglas as a leader :p

6. Pannonius

Pannonius Reconquistador

I would prefer Ivan IV. Grozny. The man is a legend!:D

7. flyingbunnys

flyingbunnys Warlord

I'd like to see the rest of the WW2 big players. Hitler Tojo and Mussolini are all key leaders that are missing! Truman would be nice to have too. Also it would be nice to see Reagan then there could be a cold war ending scenario. A George Bush and a Saddam Hussain would also be nice to add.

8. PimpyMicPimp

I'd rather have Rosey than Truman any day :p

9. Jecrell

Jecrell Ruled: Civ3 - Civ5

Hitler, leader of the Polish empire.
    I'm kidding of course.

Hirohito would be nice.

10. ChrTh

ChrTh Happy Yule!

I would prefer Venice before the Papal States, but either would be fine.

Polynesia!

11. Tanktunker

Tanktunker Missionary of Hate

Mainly Israel, under biblical leaders I guess, although it would be nice to seen Dian as a leader head, with his eyepatch and everything.

12. LightSpectra

LightSpectra me autem minui

I wonder if you could consider Timur to be a Mongolian leader, or if the Timurids would have to be a separate civilization.

13. Jeff2121

Jeff2121 Chieftain

One good Civ I thought of was Texas, with Chuck Norris as the leader and Texas Rangers can be the unique units :p

14. Da_V_Man

Da_V_Man Chock full of V goodness

Lol, and their UB can be a Mountain Dew vending machine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu1wNxr9Sqg&mode=related&search=

Otherwise, I don't think there should be any more civs in the game.

15. tony777

tony777 Chieftain

Leader of the Canadian Civilization.

Special abilities:

All production -50%
    Tax must be at 80% or higher for the whole game
    All opponent leaders are at "Annoyed" for the entire game
    when you mouse over other leader it says "-6 because you are Canadian and Jean Cretien"

Special Building - Tax dollar draining "national projects" of which 90% of the funds goes to other leaders because it only cost 10% of what he said it would. Ex Bluenose restoration.

Special unit - "Peace Keeper" 0/0/0 and cannot move. For every peacekeeper unit deployed it is +1 happiness in the capital and -1 happiness in every other city.

16. Tanktunker

Tanktunker Missionary of Hate

Oh snap!
    +1 happiness in the capital?!
    Sign me up!
    :lol:

17. PimpyMicPimp

No Jean...Dear God, no!

My votes for Canadian leaders would be Tommy Douglas and if their was a second one probably Sir John :p

18. tony777

tony777 Chieftain

Another special ability of the Canadian civ is:

Automatically becomes vassal state to most powerful nation at the advent of feudalism. Switches allegiance as nations become more or less powerful.

Can only spend 10% of toatal money on troops. Number drops by 1% ever 100 years. This is due to Canadians typically neglectin army to last minute then sending them in ill trained and ill equipped. Before Afghanistan we were laughed at by other countrys for the lousiness of our kit. There was even an incident of Canadian troops stealing high speed kit overseas cause we had crap.

I played civ 1-4 but many people may not know that there were 2 other civ games made that had nothing to do with Sid. In one or both there was actually a Canadian Civ. This brings up an interesting thing in BTS (I think but haven't played it yet) where a colony can actually break away from the mother land and become it's own nation. I am glad BTS have finally adressed this issue as even at the tender age of 12 when I first played civ 1 I laughed at the Americans being a choice amongst the babylonians, romans, greeks etc. While Canada did not fight a revolutionary war, we did become a nation in 1867 but in my opinion it is arguable that we did not truly become one until after the battle of Vimy Ridge. Before that Canada was still almost a colony of Britain and even through the Boer war in the early 1900's and WWI we said ready aye ready to Britains call for troops. When the states rose to prominence after WWII, Canada became much much closer in all aspects from trade to involvement in conflict than to Britain. Up until Afghanistan we sent ill equiped troops all over that often had to watch as catastrophes occured as dead soldiers are bad for re election (and I have met many soldiers who say so, so don't try to tell me otherwise) What happened in Afghanistan is akin to a allied nation in civilization asking you (as an ally or as a vassal) for help to destroy the evil "insert blank" civ. Canada is a vassal state to the US in my opinion (if real life were civ). Canadian run big business sells out to the states often. Our cultures are similar and we go to war together. Don't tell me your opinion of our "distinct" culture stems from the I am Canadian beer commercial or the fact that we are a "bilingual" nation.

So my original post is more of bitterness than an attempt at humour. As a Canadian and a soldier who served in Afghanistan I am proud of our country but I see so much unrealised potential and alot of it stems from crooks in our government like cretien but also because our people do not take an interest in democracy. From what I have seen people are more concerned with upcoming US elections than our own federal elections. Especially now that hilary and obama (two firsts) are running. We as Canadians have to get off our asses and play a bigger role in how this country is run. Including me.

Sorry for the misplaced rant. This is not a political forum.