Civilizations, Leaders (Traits, Fav. Civic, Fav. Religion)

By West Indies, I meant Jamaica, plus the other islands that were colonies of Britain, of which some were part of the short-lived West Indies Federation.

I'm not against this either
If we go this way, who should be the leaders of this civ?
Or we should only add the Jamaican Modyford to them?

I can't really think of notable leaders from Jamaica, Trinidad, or Barbados I confess.

Just checked, maybe Bustamente is not a bad choice for a West-Indies civ after all.

Btw, I would even willing to vote for adding a separate Jamaica (they are well-known enough for a separate civ) and Bahamas (as they were never part of the West Indies Federation) civ, and unite all the smaller islands under the name of West-Indies.
With Cuba, Haiti, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic we would really cover all the Caribbean area

Just checked, maybe Bustamente is not a bad choice for a West-Indies civ after all.

Btw, I would even willing to vote for adding a separate Jamaica (they are well-known enough for a separate civ) and Bahamas (as they were never part of the West Indies Federation) civ, and unite all the smaller islands under the name of West-Indies.
With Cuba, Haiti, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic we would really cover all the Caribbean area

With my current knowledge of Jamaica and the Bahamas, I'd go for a West Indies civ including both. However, that's not to say they aren't worthy of being seperate civs: I just probably don't know enough about them.
Maybe you could sum up some of the major accomplishments/major actions they've been involved with/major influence they've had?

Civ Gold has a notable leader of West Indies: Eric Williams, PM of Trinidad and Tobago and author of Capitalism and Slavery.

Civ Gold has a notable leader of West Indies: Eric Williams, PM of Trinidad and Tobago and author of Capitalism and Slavery.

He and Michael Manley would probably make the best leaders for the proposed West Indies civ, to mind.

Yeah but it's close :)
We are mostly talking about leaders after all

Alright to be more on-topic, here is another update of the latest suggestions:

Added/changed religions for Stalin (Christianity), Mao (Confucianism), Pol Pot (Buddhism), Genghis (Taoism), Ogedei (Taoism)
Wrote in all the Nationalistic leaders traits:
Spoiler :
Stalin: Ind
Mao: Org
Hirohito: Imp
Kim Jong-il: Pro
Franco: Fin
Pol Pot: Agg
Ben-Gurion: Pro
Ho Chi Minh: Nom(Tra)
Lincoln: Phi
Hitler: Cha
Theodora: Cre
Richelieu: Spi
Ivan IV: Exp

Mussolini: Imp
Ahmadenijad: Ind
Mobutu: Org
Pinochet: Agg
Peron: Fin
Tito: Ind
Suharto: Sea
Marcos: Org
Hussein: Cha
Idi Amin: Agg
Castro: Cha
Duvalier: Spi
Collins: Phi
Khomeini: Spi
Andranik: Pro

Nice list there. Did we get anywhere on the final traits for Nomadic/Traditionalist?

I'd like to get Xyth working on the new traits ASAP because I wanted playtest V to come quick after playtest IV since I took so long getting IV out.

I post the ideas for Seafaring leaders too
These trait combos are based on the previous suggestions (mostly from TAdF) and the leaders original traits:
Canute: Agg
Dido: Fin
Harald Hardrada: Cha
Henry the Navigator: Org
Philip II: Imp
Salamasina: Cre
Joao II: Exp
Victoria: Imp
Kamehameha: Pro
Suharto: Nat
Johann de Witt: Phi
Maurits: Agg
Charles V: Org - although Capo don't really want Seafaring for him, so probably will stay (Fin, Org)
Hiram: Fin - he will only join the others in one of the modpacks

The missing traits are Nom, Ind, Spi. Altough it's not that bad if these will only be added in the modpacks...

Ideas who could also get Seafaring:
Suryavarman (Exp) or Ramkhamhaeng (Cre)
One of our Danish or Swedish leaders
One of the Minoan leaders (Satur?)
Some of the Caribbean leaders (Arawak, Haitian or Jamaican for example)
A Philippino or Malaysian leader
Our Venezian leaders
Also, there was an idea to have another Phoenician leader (maybe an early king or Pygmalion), and add Sea/Nom to one of the phoenicians
One of the Viking Seafaring leaders should also get this combo, sounds perfect for a Viking

Nice list there. Did we get anywhere on the final traits for Nomadic/Traditionalist?

I'd like to get Xyth working on the new traits ASAP because I wanted playtest V to come quick after playtest IV since I took so long getting IV out.

I answered your question on the other thread
Unfortunately the bonuses for Nomadic/Traditional are not final yet...

I have to leave for work in a minute, but at first glance that list looks good. When I get home I'll take a more in-depth look and see if I can come up with anything else. :goodjob:

Quick question, what will Maurya get as his favorite religion? He was a follower of Jainism, so... I'm not sure which of the two would fit best: Buddhism or Hinduism. I mean it's kinda, partly, a blend of the two.
Non-violence, passiveness, vegetarianism, karma, etc.

Also India so far has two Hindu leaders (Gandhi and Nehru) and one Buddhist (Asoka.)

Edit: Nevermind, just saw him in the list, accidentally skipped over him. Hinduism works I guess.

Regarding England, do you think you could make the Civ included in the base mod either England or Britain, but not both. A number of mods include England with the British flag as well as leaders for both (even Firaxis gave England some British leaders). The lack of distinction between the two infuriates just about everyone on the isles. Perhaps you could include the other in a module pack further on down the line?

Regarding England, do you think you could make the Civ included in the base mod either England or Britain, but not both. A number of mods include England with the British flag as well as leaders for both (even Firaxis gave England some British leaders). The lack of distinction between the two infuriates just about everyone on the isles. Perhaps you could include the other in a module pack further on down the line?

You've got a point, really. We have Ireland and Scotland as seperate civs, so I guess using the UK flag would be somewhat inappropriate.
Can't recall what flag Capo uses.

He uses the three lions.

Thanks nutnut, but I don't understand why you brought that up. There is no Britain in my mod, in fact I have Ireland and Scotland as modules, so I don't really understand why you posted this.

Do you include Churchill and Victoria as leaders for England, though? Because they're inappropriate for England, as are Redcoats and the Stock Exchange (though not quite as much).

Top Bottom