Civilizations: Nubia, The Caribbean Tribes

Optik

Chieftain
I try to create civilizations not often highlighted, and add orginał content. Have Fun!

Civilization: Nubian Empire
Leader: Amanishakheto

Trait​
Reign Of The Black Pharaohs

Military buildings of the Acient Era and Classical Era give slaves

Unique Unit​

Ta'Sety (Remplace Archer)
+1 :c5moves:, +1 :c5rangedstrength:, Free Promo: Sentry​

Unique Building

Hafir (Remplace Watermill)
+10%:c5food: in the city
+1:c5gold: on yield exploiting Ivory and Gold
(require fresh water, no gold maintenance)​

Unit added for the Trait Leader

Slave: +%:c5production: instantly in the city when sacrified (pop with: Barracks, Armory, Stable)
(not available in the city and for other civilizations)
(BaseHurry=8,HurryMultiplier=1)

Historical explanation for the Trait:

The Candace (equivalent of Pharaoh, but for Nubian women) were warlike sovereign (meoritic time).
Nubia was a land rich in resources Ivory and Gold ("Nubia" comes from the Egyptian word nub = gold).
Nubia was a nation builder as well as its neighbors Egypt, or even more. According to research, they have built more monuments and in less time than ancient Egypt (slaves were certainly a workforce spread at these times).

Update
Spoiler :

V.2
*Trait "Double Ivory/Gold" remove
*Unique building Hafir improved: +1gold on Ivory/Gold resources
*Unique building Hafir require fresh water instead of only river
*Slave Basehurry reduce to 8
*add 10 cities names
V.3
*adjust all txt_key_city and civ_icon for no conflict with other mod
V.4
*add unitflag for Ta'Sety and Slave

Notes:
At first I wanted to change the Trait converting barbarians to give slaves, but I lack skills in LUA. AI used Slaves, it is identified as <DefaultUnitAI> UNITAI_ENGINEER </ DefaultUnitAI>, but sometimes the AI does anything with his GreatPeople (or simply produced units, slaves and engineers have the same function, they are usable only on buildings).

It's a first version and my first mod too. Let me know what you think, test it :)
English is not my native language, so mistakes are possible...

Civilopedia fully completed for leader, civilization and unique unit/building.

Special Thanks for their work and help to: Derek "Kael" Paxton, hukkak, sean444, Spatzimaus, ambrox62, Hulfgar ,Cyon, Seraphim8400

icon.jpg

Available Online
or here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16917

Civilization: The Caribbean Tribes
Leader: Anacaona

Trait
Spirits of the Sea

Sea buildings cost 30% less and they provide +3 culture:c5culture: for each Sea resource exploited.

Unique Unit
Karib Warrior (Remplace Swordman)
+1:c5strength:
Karib Warrior start with amphibious promotion and have a bonus damage vs wounded units

Unique Build
Barbacoa (Remplace Circus)
+3:c5happy:, +2:c5food:
(Require Deer, Sheep, Fish exploited by the city, no gold maintenance)

Historical explanation:
The Caribbean Tribes are mostly peaceful, that's why I oriented the Leader Trait to Culture and Sea.
Anacaona was the first chieftain to meet Columbus. After, she became also the symbol of resistance against the settlers.
Karib Warrior, Carib Tribes from South Island, were dangerous warrior with cannibal rituals.
Arawaks and Tainos Tribes were the inventors of the barbecue :goodjob:

Civilopedia fully completed.

Available online (ANAC Civpack)

Slaves are under powered can you maybe increase their speed up to 25 pro cent?

Thanks for your comments The A.K.T

Slaves are under powered can you maybe increase their speed up to 25 pro cent?
You probably speak about the Basehurry, the workrate is desactivated for this unit. If i increased it from 8 to 10 (+25%), I think that in an advanced era (like industrial/modern) it'll be too powerful (especially in a city very advanced). But you're the first person to send me a note about this unit. So I'll try to test at this rate some more advanced game.
This unit is especially useful to accelerate the construction of a new city, I did not want them to have too much impact on the wonders (which is the case with a Basehurry of 10).

Your can easily edit it, if you want to try this rate. Go to in your files: Nubian Civilization (v 4)\XML\Units\CIV5Units.xml and open it with notepad.
Spoiler :

<Units>
<Row>
<Class>UNITCLASS_SLAVE</Class>
<Type>UNIT_SLAVE</Type>
<Cost>-1</Cost>
<Moves>3</Moves>
<CivilianAttackPriority>CIVILIAN_ATTACK_PRIORITY_HIGH</CivilianAttackPriority>
<Special>SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE</Special>
<Domain>DOMAIN_LAND</Domain>
<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ENGINEER</DefaultUnitAI>
<Description>TXT_UNIT_SLAVE</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_CIV5_UNITS_ANTIQUITY_SLAVE_TEXT</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_UNIT_SLAVE_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Help>TXT_UNIT_HELP_SLAVE</Help>
<AdvancedStartCost>-1</AdvancedStartCost>
<WorkRate>1</WorkRate>
<CombatLimit>0</CombatLimit>
<BaseHurry>10</BaseHurry>
<HurryMultiplier>1</HurryMultiplier>
<UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT__WORKER</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitArtInfoEraVariation>true</UnitArtInfoEraVariation>
<UnitFlagAtlas>TASETY_ICON</UnitFlagAtlas>
<UnitFlagIconOffset>1</UnitFlagIconOffset>
<IconAtlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_NUBIA</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>4</PortraitIndex>
</Row>
</Units>

I have no plans at the moment, most civilizations are already represented or under development by others who participate in this forum.
The Harappan (civilization of the Indus Valley) interested me, but there is not enough information about them. And there are a lot of civilization that succeeded in this area, so I don't know if more will be needed.
If you have an ancient civilization in particular or you could suggest me, and that interested me, I stay tuned.

Thank you for your suggestion, these two civilizations are interesting. I'll start gathering some information, images and ideas :)

Thanks for your comments The A.K.T

You probably speak about the Basehurry, the workrate is desactivated for this unit. If i increased it from 8 to 10 (+25%), I think that in an advanced era (like industrial/modern) it'll be too powerful (especially in a city very advanced). But you're the first person to send me a note about this unit. So I'll try to test at this rate some more advanced game.
This unit is especially useful to accelerate the construction of a new city, I did not want them to have too much impact on the wonders (which is the case with a Basehurry of 10).

Your can easily edit it, if you want to try this rate. Go to in your files: Nubian Civilization (v 4)\XML\Units\CIV5Units.xml and open it with notepad.
Spoiler :

<Units>
<Row>
<Class>UNITCLASS_SLAVE</Class>
<Type>UNIT_SLAVE</Type>
<Cost>-1</Cost>
<Moves>3</Moves>
<CivilianAttackPriority>CIVILIAN_ATTACK_PRIORITY_HIGH</CivilianAttackPriority>
<Special>SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE</Special>
<Domain>DOMAIN_LAND</Domain>
<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ENGINEER</DefaultUnitAI>
<Description>TXT_UNIT_SLAVE</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_CIV5_UNITS_ANTIQUITY_SLAVE_TEXT</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_UNIT_SLAVE_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Help>TXT_UNIT_HELP_SLAVE</Help>
<AdvancedStartCost>-1</AdvancedStartCost>
<WorkRate>1</WorkRate>
<CombatLimit>0</CombatLimit>
<BaseHurry>10</BaseHurry>
<HurryMultiplier>1</HurryMultiplier>
<UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT__WORKER</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitArtInfoEraVariation>true</UnitArtInfoEraVariation>
<UnitFlagAtlas>TASETY_ICON</UnitFlagAtlas>
<UnitFlagIconOffset>1</UnitFlagIconOffset>
<IconAtlas>CIV_COLOR_ATLAS_NUBIA</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>4</PortraitIndex>
</Row>
</Units>

Nice civs!!

Concerning the Nubian Slave BaseHurry: At 10, I found it to be useless in some cases: 14 turns of production stays 14 after expending the slave :wallbash:.
So I upped it to 20. Still not impressive (1 or 2 turns gained), so now I think I'll up it to 33 :D

Two more questions about the Nubians:
  • The Ta'Sety archer can also melee attack. Was this done on purpose? Because it isn't very useful and I lost one like that, misclicking him on a melee attack...
  • Armories can be constructed before having a Barracks. Same comment: Was this done on purpose? Because it isn't very useful either. (more expensive but same benefits).

And about the Hafir: it's a bit circumstancial. I had a game without any gold or ivory on my turf, so I didn"t build any, untill I whooped the poor Chibchas's ass just to try and build it (I don't feel guilty, the aggressive bastards started the fight :p).

Nevertheless: great job !!

I like Nubia and I would use it in my scenario, but there is no gameplay justification to put them in.

I appreciate the work, though. Keep it up.

Nice civs!!

Concerning the Nubian Slave BaseHurry: At 10, I found it to be useless in some cases: 14 turns of production stays 14 after expending the slave :wallbash:.
So I upped it to 20. Still not impressive (1 or 2 turns gained), so now I think I'll up it to 33 :D

Two more questions about the Nubians:
  • The Ta'Sety archer can also melee attack. Was this done on purpose? Because it isn't very useful and I lost one like that, misclicking him on a melee attack...
  • Armories can be constructed before having a Barracks. Same comment: Was this done on purpose? Because it isn't very useful either. (more expensive but same benefits).

And about the Hafir: it's a bit circumstancial. I had a game without any gold or ivory on my turf, so I didn"t build any, untill I whooped the poor Chibchas's ass just to try and build it (I don't feel guilty, the aggressive bastards started the fight :p).

Nevertheless: great job !!

It is true that if the player don't choose a military strategy, slaves are useless. But if you're heading for a great conquest victory puppet's cities can give you a lot of slave (I don't know if the effect is still significant since the latest patch).
You are free to edit my work as long as you have fun with it ;)

I didn't update those two civ since a long time.
Ta'Sety melle attack was wanted, but maybe not the best idea ^^.
About the Armories, that's a mistake.
Hafir bonus with gold and ivory are not the most important, unlike the food bonus % they could give.

I like Nubia and I would use it in my scenario, but there is no gameplay justification to put them in.

I appreciate the work, though. Keep it up.

Thanks, you can use everything you need from the mod (referencing, name...). I don't know if I'll change the UA, cause i found it funny, but we never know maybe later.

Optik, looks like Nubia will make it into Mesopotamia after all.

Many thanks for creating the civilization. May I use it for my scenario?

Glad to see you're still active, Optik, any plans on releasing more civs?

I created two map to place civilizations from ANACPack, one with an extra civilization (Spain with Hernán Cortés). But I have some problems, the map crashes every time i try to load it in game, so I have to find the solution.

Optik, looks like Nubia will make it into Mesopotamia after all.

Many thanks for creating the civilization. May I use it for my scenario?

No problem, you can use it.

Hey Optik, I know it's not really the right topic, but in your ANAC Pack you have Sioux - any chance for a seperate release?

No problem, I will propose an alternative package in a short time on the same page where you can get this Civpack with all civilizations separately.

Neither one of these work! You can download, it installs and you can enable it, but when you go to the screen to select your civilizations they're not there.

Top Bottom