Civilizations Uniqueness

Albatoonoe

Warlord
Well, I actually have a few things I want to cover here.

First of all, With Civilizations becoming more unique, it's becoming harder to find one that a civ that fit my tastes, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I was thinking there should be customizable civs. Of course, they wouldn't be like the in game civs. They would probably lack a proper Leader head(like a silhouette instead). There wouldn't be specialized unit and building graphics, but just a generic special unit graphic.. That way, the new civilizations they release would actually be worth it. This could also lead to some more advanced Civ stuff, too, like rebellions. They could form a new "minor" countires.

Secondly, a civ should become more unique as the game goes on, specifically through techs/units that would eliminate others/ This way, two civs would vary even moreso. I think this would build up the death to the game and make things more interesting. It would take a little work, but it would be nice.

Thirdly, mores tuff like the Khan campaign in Warlords. They could allow players choices on how to run the civ. You could hire out mercenaries, you could be a raiding civ(Like Mongolia), or other things. It would be rea to hire out mercs to both sides.

Lastly, minor nations. There would be tribes from the beginning that could form there own small countries. There could also be primitive civilizations(like The Mayans or Astecs), that you could crush or befriend. New minor nations could also be formed from war and rebellion. Conquered regions could be formed into there own country and unhappy regions could rebel and form there own region, much like what the States did.

I think the Civ series should strive for more depth to make every game different. That way, you could right your own world history that's unique. So, what are your opinions on all this?

A Modding we will go, A Modding we will go
High Ho the Dairy-O, A Modding we will go

salty said:
A Modding we will go, A Modding we will go
High Ho the Dairy-O, A Modding we will go
Modding can only bring so much, I'd much rather have some official features.

Edit: I think it would work better if the series itself transition into that, rather than mods.

Top Bottom