Civilopedia Improvement ModMod

Sgt. Bears

Warlord
This mod for Dawn of Civilization SVN version 999 aims to improve the usability of the Civilopedia. (It will not work with the Base Version or any other SVN versions. It will also break save game compatibility)
For the Mod to work you must delete all the text files in "RFC Dawn of Civilization\Assets\XML\Text".

Attachments

• Civilopedia ModMod.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 78
Nice mod. I had some thoughts to make some small changes to the civilopedia myself as well. One of them is giving links to UU and UB in the civ page. Maybe you can add something similar.

Rearranged the Incan Quechua, ... so they appear in the correct order in the Civilopedia.

I don't see what the problem was. They have always been in alphabetical order. What did you change?

I see the names of the Confucian cathedral and shrine conflicting.

After all, I can have multiple Kong Miaos, but can I really have multiple Kong Miaos?

After all, I can have multiple Kong Miaos, but can I really have multiple Kong Miaos?
It's kinda Zen if you think about it, if you don't think too hard.

Nice mod. I had some thoughts to make some small changes to the civilopedia myself as well. One of them is giving links to UU and UB in the civ page. Maybe you can add something similar.

I don't see what the problem was. They have always been in alphabetical order. What did you change?

I'm thinking of revamping the civilization page (add Platypedia instead of Sevopedia) to do this.
The Art Studio for example wouldn't appear in the correct position in the city screen, the tech modifies list and the resource modifies list. It also wouldn't appear in the correct order if you didn't order the civilopedia in alphabetical order. (A bug option)

I see the names of the Confucian cathedral and shrine conflicting.

It is annoying but a Kong Miao is just a temple to Confucius. The Kong Miao at Qufu is the Shrine but wonders don't have their original location in their name. The Madrassa has the same problem.

Leoreth, what do you think about this mod? I think it has some very good features which will be good to have in the base modmod.

Leoreth, what do you think about this mod? I think it has some very good features which will be good to have in the base modmod.

As far as I can tell Leoreth doesn't like the fact that I added the leader appears section. I guess he doesn't like revealing game mechanics to the player.
Also He dislikes irregular style and the religious buildings names while better than before are still quite irregular. e.g. Grand Stupa, Grand Mosque, Madrassa
Though I did create this mod as are roundabout way of asking him to include it.:mischief:

Nah, I just don't want to add a bunch of things that I then also have to keep track of when making changes.

Which is basically my catch all reason for not caring about the civilopedia that much.

But it would be more comfortable to look in the Civilopedia then trying to figure something of the code.
For you, yes.

What's your problem though? Just install this modmod :)

Also for everyone else except myself, which is kind of my point.

Yes, that is exactly what it means. I have better things to do than wasting my time to maintain the fluffy factor.

which I think you should delegate "trivial" things like this to volunteers while you take care of the more important things

And the best way to do that is to let them continue working on it as a modmod, which is far easier than incorporating their changes into the main mod.

Updated for the inclusion of Polynesia

Cry for help :), does anyone have better names for the Askari, Camel Archer and War Chariot.

Top Bottom