Civilopedia Work

Head Serf

Emperor
One of the things that is going to be a large part of this update is the new civilopedia text. I'd like to get all of the text finished, so I decided I would write all of the basic sections and what is needed to be done. If you want to, you can post what section or part of section you want to do.

Well, here's the list. Bolded lines are ones that still need to be done.

Civilopedia_BuildingsProjects
Civilopedia_Bonuses (mostly done)
Civilopedia_Religion
Civilopedia_Civics
Civilopedia_Civilizations
Civilopedia_Leaders (Broken Hawk)
Civilopedia_Techs
Civilopedia_Units

Well, I've just finished the religions, so I guess I'll do bonuses real quick, and then maybe techs.

Actually, I just started in earnest. I need about one more paragraph for Alfonso VI that I can consider credible. Attached is nice leaderhead.

Attachments

• Alfonso VI.jpg
    Alfonso VI.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 239
Alfonso VI

Spoiler :
Alfonso VI

Emperor of all Spain (imperator totius Hispaniae)
Lived: 1040–1109

Background:
Otherwise known as Alfred the Brave, he was King of Leon (1065–70) and King of a reunited Castile and Leon (1072–1109). The self-proclaimed “Emperor of all Spain” is romanticized in Spanish history and was often compared to the greatest of kings such as Charlemagne by troubadours. It was said that he was respected by Christian and Moor alike for being a man of law and order and a keeper of his word.

On May 25, 1085 his forces captured Toledo, former capital of the Visigoths, from the Moors. Alfonso established direct personal control over the city from which he had been exacting tribute. This event resonated throughout both the Christian and Muslim worlds. Pope Urban II later authorized crusaders from Marseille, Pisa, Genoa, and other cities to fight in Spain.

This was the first concrete step taken by the Christian Kingdom of Leon-Castile in the Reconquista. Alfonso IV’s oppression of such Moor vassalages led to the invasion of Spain by the Almoravid army of Yusuf ibn Tashufin from his Berber stronghold in North Africa in 1086 escalating the conflict for control of the Iberian Peninsula.

Attached is the text in a Word document. A potential leaderhead is in my last post of this thread. Let me know what you think Head Serf. Moving on... :salute:

Attachments

• Alfonso VI.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 258
I like the static leaderheads because you can find actual medieval art that helps immerse the player into the mod and gives them a better feel for the time period. In my opinion the animated heads just remind you that you are playing a game. They are just silly looking cartoons.

I have a couple typed out for some of the naval units. I'd like to offer to do more unit pedias; however, I'm worried that I'd not do them in a timely enough manner (given how long its taken me to finalize the naval entries (and they're not yet in a finished state)).

I'll post the couple of naval unit pedias I've done in the next couple of days, and perhaps, get a couple of others done if I can...

I've finished the buildings and projects, so I'll start working on the civics and religions next.

@ Craig_Sutter :
Thanks for offering to do the naval units, it can be somewhat time consuming work and I know I won't get all of this done without help. :cool:

On the build screen it has + -1:mad: . That looks like it reduces anger, but in the civilopedia and on the city screen (and by effect) it actually makes people angry.

Which one is correct?

Starting this weekend I'll have a lot more time to do them and turn the entries out on a regular basis. I have several color pics of Alfred below...

I,ll turn on PM.

Attachments

• Alfred.jpg
    Alfred.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Alfred 2.jpg
    Alfred 2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 213
The word Chevalleir come from the French word chevallerie, which means 'skill on horseback'. After the collapse of Charlemagnes Frankish Empire and the centeral authority that came with it, the different lords were forced by the situation of the time to give grants of land to to his retainers. The retainers then in return pledged military service to their lord. The Frankish knights were generaly supposed to fight in a dense formation known as a bataille. The individual knights clustered around their lords in the battle line and were united by a banner or a war cry. One source says that "if an object was thrown amongst them, it would not have fallen on the ground but on the vertical lances". This cooperation went against the idea of chivalry so many times the knights would charge out impetuously, and breaking formation. The Arabs and the English used this to their advantage in there wars with the French.
Information taken from Warfare in the Medieval World by Brian Todd Carey.

I've altered a little of the grammar and spelling (firefox has a spell checker).

The word Chevalleir comes from the French word chevallerie, which means 'skill on horseback'. After the collapse of Charlemagne's Frankish Empire and the central authority that came with it, the different lords were forced by the situation of the time to give grants of land to their retainers. The retainers then in return pledged military service to their lord. The Frankish knights were generally supposed to fight in a dense formation known as a bataille. The individual knights clustered around their lords in the battle line and were united by a banner or a war cry. One source says that "if an object was thrown amongst them, it would not have fallen on the ground but on the vertical lances". This cooperation went against the idea of chivalry so many times the knights would charge out impetuously, breaking formation. The Arabs and the English used this to their advantage in their wars with the French.

Information taken from Warfare in the Medieval World by Brian Todd Carey.

could do drekkar but the book has little info on it.

I am not going to be able to do the Leader entries as I promised. School is taking more time than I thought. Sorry.

Top Bottom