1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilzation you hate most

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by lutzj, Nov 11, 2007.

?

What civ do you hate playing against most?

1. Americans/Native Americans

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Mongols

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Arabians

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Carthaginians

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  5. Zulus

26 vote(s)
    14.1%
  6. Aztecs/Mayans/Inca

33 vote(s)
    17.8%
  7. Holy Romans

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. Turks

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. French

7 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. Germans/Dutch

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Koreans

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  12. Babylonians/Sumerians

7 vote(s)
    3.8%
  13. Spanish/Portuguese

18 vote(s)
    9.7%
  14. Russians

9 vote(s)
    4.9%
  15. Malinese/Ethiopians

12 vote(s)
    6.5%
  16. Egyptians

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  17. Chinese

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  18. Japanese

21 vote(s)
    11.4%
  19. Celts

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  20. Romans

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  21. Vikings

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  22. Greeks/Byzantines

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  23. Indians/Khmer

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  24. Persians

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  25. Can't Remember the other one!

8 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. King of Town

King of Town Adventuring

I'm surprised Jaan is so high. They may be isolationists, but they hardly ever go to war it seems. Unless I play with them.

2. Dennis_Moore

Dennis_Moore Unholy Roman

:lol: Wellington FTW, However being a wonder-whore myself I dislike Louis even more.

3. Minmaster

Minmaster Prince

monty and toku are the worst for me. monty, no matter what you do can't keep him happy and he will sneak attack with SoDs. toku is bad because he's a useless neighbor who refuses to trade and open borders.

4. GIDS888

GIDS888 King

I don't hate anyone!
    If you mean who do I take out as soon as I meet them - Aztec, Zulu and that Ethiopian Dude because he is TOO good.

And the French, but only if it's Louis, he ALWAYS stabs you in the back in the end, even if you're superdooper nice to him forever.

5. FrancisMarion

FrancisMarion Chieftain

Play on aggressive AI, then they go to war with anybody who is their neighbor and because they're isolationists it's hard to make nice with them.

They're pitiful in the tech race, which as a positive means they're only annoying in the early game but nearly useless as an ally.

Not to mention aggressive + protective means he's a . .. .. .. .. . to try and kill.

6. BeyondCivilized

BeyondCivilized Warlord

Worst. Poll. Ever.

And may I add that I hate those Ethiopians, they're great at everything. Nerf them please.

7. Munch

Munch Benevolent Despot

It's Willem, hands down. I hate him. He researches very fast, expands fast, and is always near the top of the board. He switches to Free Religion at the earliest opportunity, and refuses to take sides in the religious-warmongering zeitgeist. Finally, he loves going for Cultural victory, which angers me a lot, particularly when he's overseas and cramming his cities full of troops.

So, I selected Germans/Dutch, although I don't have a problem with the Germans.

8. JFLNYC

JFLNYC Producer

9. jimbob27

jimbob27 Emperor

I hate Japan too. Toku is just rubbish...... a complete waste of space in every game he's in. Won't trade, gets hideiously behind in tech, won't make any friends, doesn't usually provide any military threat. Basically the guy is just wasting oxygen.

It's a shame, because the civ is so fun to play with. If we need any more leaders, a second japanese leader would be top of my list. Somebody from either before or after Japans "isolation" period.

10. Minmaster

Minmaster Prince

yea they nerf the japanese like that since civ3. they rarely do well as AI because they do not do any trading. they should stop doing that.

11. BeyondCivilized

BeyondCivilized Warlord

He did that in my last game, nuked The Hague, that U-city and Amsterdam back to the Iron Age. And that was ten turns before I launched my Alpha Centauri Space Craft. After that I became the world's worst enemy, but surprisingly enough, no one dared to declare war.

12. Cía

Cía Warlord

13. jpboia

jpboia Chieftain

Well, then you should have paired civilizations which have similar characteristics in the game, not those that just happen to be closely located in the real world. Spain and Portugal, for example, are neighbors in the Iberian Peninsula and have some things in common in the real world, but almost none in the game.

14. Antilogic

Antilogic --

If I may suggest, we could reopen this thread with the various AI personalities, like the backstabbers (Catherine, Montezuma), the crusaders (Zara Yaqob, Justinian, Isabella), the wonder-builders, and so on...

@jimbob: that frustration with Tokugawa and isolated Japan, I think, is why there is such a push for Meiji (or a Meiji-era Japanese statesman) in the game on these forums.

15. Cytral

Cytral Warlord

please...Germany and Holland are to different countries :(

16. BeyondCivilized

BeyondCivilized Warlord

Your all one family up there in Europe. You should be proud because to this day, we middle easterners have failed to agree on virtually everything.

17. anglosaxon

anglosaxon Monarch

Agreed!

France only exists nowadays because after England won the wars, we ended up NOT killing all the population and selling the land to the Germans and Swiss....

18. Quildavyr

Quildavyr Man of sick jokes!

Actually we unified the middle easterners.And we get backstabbed.;)

19. Bino

Bino Warlord

I hate mostly mansa and Zara, but because while you get distracted by your neighbors, they merrily run for victory faraway...

The warlords are no problem, either i kill them or they kill me, my shame :)

20. RockTheCazbah87

RockTheCazbah87 Pacal's pal

Whenever I see Shaka I go and hide behind my sofa while I calm down. He's a nightmare. I hate seeing Cathy as well (but I don't mind Pete and Joe 'cos I never see 'em)