1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

civIV Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire (RFRE)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by primordial stew, Aug 26, 2006.

1. lorenzodercole

lorenzodercole Chieftain

I am playing the 400 AD scenario and both Romans and West Romans start with some Batavi Alaee units but cannot build them, why?

2. umcisou

umcisou Chieftain

Hello,

I'm playing with your mod RFRE beta 10. First of all congratulations for your great work, i'm having a lot of fun with it.

Yesterday the game crashed. I have this log in ThemParseLog file :
    Code:
    Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
    Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
    Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
    Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
    Do you have an idea to fix it. I will love to continue my game.

Thank you very much

3. primordial stew

primordial stew Emperor

There are only a few cities where they can be built, like in Pannonia. Also the "Barbarian goods" (ie fur) resource, which are scattered around Germania, is needed. Recruitment of barbarians is more from direct combat (Commitanses and Eques Legionaires can enslave) and alliances now.

That's a new one. Probably post the most recent save game. I'll take a look tomorrow night at these. The tech offset is easy to fix, it's just getting the right value.

4. primordial stew

primordial stew Emperor

Ugh.. I need some help determining where this went wrong... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8336975&postcount=734

It's turn 380 (283AD) and Goths are next turn, so 285, but Goths should be 307, which is 22 years so 11 turns off. It might be the Golden Age tech that is too short :hammer2:

Please compare vs some of these dates and let me know where it diverged. Like Antoniis Golden Age and Severan might be enough if my guess is right. It has to be something before the 200AD scenario starts since I know that works!

Attached is a workaround. It only runs at the beginning of turn 378. It can't test it, but it should work ;)

Attached Files:

• rfre.7z
      File size:
      41.7 KB
      Views:
  5. umcisou

umcisou Chieftain

Here is my last saved game, just before the crash.

Thanks again for your work.

Attached Files:

6. billyc999

billyc999 Chieftain

I used the new file you sent but it did not work. I took the new .py file the zip generated and replaced the old one that was located in the Python folder. That was what I was supposed to do, correct? Then I went back to turn 378 (actually the end of turn 377) and played from there but it crashed in the same exact place.

I will try and go back and see if the time lines do not match per your prior link. Any other suggestions or fixes?

7. primordial stew

primordial stew Emperor

Sounds like you did it right. Can you post the turn 377 savegame?

8. billyc999

billyc999 Chieftain

The file to get to turn 377 is enclosed. Please let me know how you make out.

Attached Files:

9. primordial stew

primordial stew Emperor

Ok, this fix is much more robust. It took, but I haven't played out the turns yet to see if the offset is correct. Will later tonight.

Attached Files:

• rfre.7z
      File size:
      41.7 KB
      Views:
  10. billyc999

billyc999 Chieftain

This worked out so that issue is fixed. Thank you. Again, this is a great mod--love the historical events. Firaxis should pick this up and bundle it with their releases. Its better than most of the stuff they bundle.

11. billyc999

billyc999 Chieftain

Quote:
    Originally Posted by primordial stew
    Ok, this fix is much more robust. It took, but I haven't played out the turns yet to see if the offset is correct. Will later tonight.

I ran this fix a few more turns. See attached files. 281 was the last turn that worked. 283 after the last turn crashed the game. Hopefully these 2 saved games will help you determine what is wrong.

Attached Files:

12. primordial stew

primordial stew Emperor

I was on crack or something... 3 changes were made:

1) turns to Antoniis Golden Age changed from 18 to 25 (as was noted in post 734, but was missed). If you haven't reached this tech yet it will fix the offset in the tech tree and change the mod version to beta1p10.7moreToGA
    2) removed WRE parts from Alliance with Goths.. can only be plain old Roman Empire at this point (confused with Visigoths tech..). This is the source of the CTDs.
    3) for billyc999 and those past Antoniis Golden Age but before the CTD, adds 7 turns to the Alliance with Goths tech and changes modVersion to beta1p10a. This happens only at the beginning of turn 380.

To make sure you have replaced rfre.py, with logging enabled look for this line in pythonDbg.log:
    rfre.py updated to

beta1p10 means unpatched.

Attached Files:

• rfre.7z
      File size:
      41.6 KB
      Views:
  13. Rathvilly

Rathvilly Emperor

Hi - I got a different CTD with 275 BC scenario. In 345 AD (turn 411), 1 turn to alliance with the Visigoths. Presume the tech has come too early ? I put the new python in .... I'm attaching logs - um - will not let me - here is a cut and paste of PythonErr:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvEventInterface", line 30, in onEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 182, in handleEvent

File "CvCustomEventManager", line 193, in _handleDefaultEvent

File "rfre", line 735, in onTechAcquired

File "rfre", line 5426, in Foederati

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
    ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

14. primordial stew

primordial stew Emperor

In pythondbg.log, what is the modVersion?

15. Rathvilly

Rathvilly Emperor

Hi- yes - its not making the change in version indicated in post 912 above. I've put the python in a couple of times and retested. Obviously its fixed the original CTD so its in there but ... I'm a bit stumped.

16. lorenzodercole

lorenzodercole Chieftain

hi, I am in turn 406 (335 AD) and next turn I am going to discover the alliance with the Visigoth but the game is crashing. I used the .py from post 912 but it doesn't work.

I opened the .py file and the problem was linked to the fact that with the tech it is looking for the western romans. I think that the timing of the techs should be revised because at 395 AD I discovered Justinian.

I attached the last saved game and a excel file that could be useful ... I hope.

Attached Files:

17. primordial stew

primordial stew Emperor

Post some save games folks!

18. Rathvilly

Rathvilly Emperor

I'll start another game on the weekend and post the save when I reach it. I think its also affecting the 200AD scenario as I got a CTD at the same tech and this used to play through perfectly. Regards ....

19. primordial stew

primordial stew Emperor

Wow, how did war with the WRE come about? Trade with the WRE is essential for happiness, and so is converting to Christianity.

The problem is building the Byzantine Legacy. I need to look it over. Just skip it so you can fight the Huns!

Also, the version is still beta1p10. Just unzip + overwrite the existing rfre.py (RFRE.beta1p10\Assets\Python\rfre.py). The file should be dated sometime in April instead of November when p10 was released.

To enable logging, find the Warlords one in: My Documents\My Games\Warlords\civilization4.ini file and change:
    LoggingEnabled = 0
    to
    LoggingEnabled = 1

After starting, look in My Documents\My Games\Warlords\logs\PythonDbg.log
    There will be a line like this:
    PY:loaded from self.rfreScriptData - turnOffset is: 0 modVersion is: beta1p10 iTurnToNextTech is: 25

Refer to the earlier post on when the various versions get applied. Once applied there will be a message in here about the update, and all future loading of save games will give that version.

20. MarkNL

MarkNL Chieftain

My 275BC game also cracked every try at the turn to the Alliance with the Goth Tribe at 309 AD (turn 393).
    I've replaced the rfre.py file as you suggested and it's alive again! Very happy here, many thanks :goodjob: