CivIV series: buildings

Kyriakos

Creator
Hello, i plan to upload my regular buildings in this thread. Might start a new one for Wonders in the future, or other categories.

1. Small Greek temple

Download 1

2. Elven Keep

Download 2

3. Japanese Torii

Download 3

Please remember that my models can only be altered after i have given my permission. Free for use in the Civ IV mods.

I actually tried to test it in game, it should work in theory, but i am new indeed and i could not get it to show up although some houses were displaced when i entered it.
Possibly some error on my part on the scaling properties in the xml file, but you should work these out yourself.

If you want to help you can tell me what scale properties i should have so that it works :)

Good question ^^. I only know that it depends on how big the building was modeled, but not how this scales...
But it can be that you really have to use big values, 30, 40 or so if the building is really small (-> I don't mean less pixels...ah...I have no idea, not a graphics guy :D).

J is right, it does not work in game. Where did you convert this from? Because this definatly was not made civ IV Style. Do you use/know of the program blender?

I went ahead and fixed it for you, it works in game now

Also scale is around 10, but buildings usually should be 2-3 so I would also multiply the size by 5. Also polycount is way to high (meaning file size is to big, to detailed. Not sure if its what you guys use in civ iii). You are usually aiming for a building below 100 KB. 200 KB is okay but not great for preformance. Yours is 500 kb, which still works but just will put a lag in game if its a common buildling. Anything around 1 mb will simply not work usually (with exceptions).

Nice to see you start making things for civ IV now!

I am not sure. I convert things from google warehouse (import it into google sketchup, export to 3ds, import 3ds into nifskope). When I do this it is not civ compatable. I then import it into blender, then export it right after. It is then civ compatable. I honustly have no idea what it does, but it worked for what you did to. I am assuming it has to be something with the skin but I am not sure.

As for polycount idk why it is so big, it isnt to detailed. I would guess the columbs

Your link in the first post is a bit messed up. Also I would suggest putting a link to the thread in the download so people can post feedback

Do you have any restrictions on what you make? I'm assuming you do not make units and just buildings, but any types of buildings? That way I know when i make requests :D

I fixed the link :)

Yes, i am accepting requests, but for the time being only for ancient, medieval or fantasy buildings. You can request in my general forum thread :) Thanks for your support Dacubz.

I fixed the link :)

Yes, i am accepting requests, but for the time being only for ancient, medieval or fantasy buildings. You can request in my general forum thread :) Thanks for your support Dacubz.

No problem! Do you do ancient/medieval wonders as well?

I might, but keep in mind i am only using Blender since three days ago, and only know the absolute basics of it... So i would not want to try remodelling the Hagia Sophia just yet ;)

No Statue of zues either..dang:lol:

My first request would be Kasubi Tombs. Since most ancient buildings I am interested in is wonders, plus looks like a versitile peice of art

Although I do beleive torii gate has already been done twice, yours still looks good :goodjob:

Maybe make a list of what you plan on doing? Ive dug through tons of mods so I know most of the things that have been completed even if not released on the site, so I can make sure you do not make any duplicated

Thank you :)

Well first of all i need some good mod which has well-made buildings, so i can compare them with my own and produce similar quality work. I also need to figure out the shadow file more...

Any mod you want to suggest? :)

Thank you :)

Well first of all i need some good mod which has well-made buildings, so i can compare them with my own and produce similar quality work. I also need to figure out the shadow file more...

Any mod you want to suggest? :)

A link below will show you to Travel through time: Modern alliances. That is my mod and it will have the most building art (wonder-wise atleast) you will find. But if you are looking for well-made buildings, realism invictus is the best. They even take other people's buildings and improve them. I would check there as that will be the best quality and they do not release the buidllings seperatly

A link below will show you to Travel through time: Modern alliances. That is my mod and it will have the most building art (wonder-wise atleast) you will find. But if you are looking for well-made buildings, realism invictus is the best. They even take other people's buildings and improve them. I would check there as that will be the best quality and they do not release the buidllings seperatly

Gigapack definitely has more :D

Top Bottom