CivIV: Warlords - New Leaders shown here!

Ephor

Chieftain
'bout time! Churchill!

Octavian! The bomb-digity greatest leader evar:

Stalin!!

Ramses II!? I hope so:

These photos weren't made available before others for no reason, they definitely want the community to know they've been listening to our pleas :D :crazyeye: :D I love you Firaxis! :goodjob:

Guerra said:
Stalin???!!!

Damnit. That son of a b*tch shouldn't be in it.

Yeah, Stalin killed more people than Hitler. So, It's OK to kill people, as long as you don't kill 'em because of their religion. :rolleyes:

Guerra said:
Stalin???!!!

Damnit. That son of a b*tch shouldn't be in it.
Yes, the leader of one of the world superpowers of the 20th century shouldn't be included. That makes perfect sense. I love how we can't have recent brutal dictators, but brutal dictators of ancient past are a-ok.

Oh nevermind I really don't want to be involved in the political correctness argument that springs up every time new leaders are suggested.

PriestOfDiscord said:
Oh nevermind I really don't want to be involved in the political correctness argument that springs up every time new leaders are suggested.

:lol: If you son't want to get involved, don't post an arguement.

Anyway, I think that since Stalin killed millions of people in Russia, some people might be offended by him being in the game.

By the way, Augustus not Octavius is the Roman leader. It's on the diplomatic screen screenshot.

Russia already has two leaders though, and I don't think 2k wants to offend anyone because they made all of the religions exactly the same, so why would they choose to put in Stalin? And why not just put in Lenin? he Killed fewer people then Stalin.

The quality of these new leaders looks so much better then the previous ones. Hopefully they will polish up the old ones too.

SK138 said:
Augustus and Octavian are the same person :)

Rephrased: His official civ name will apparently be Augustus Caesar. :)

Same arguement goes for Churchill, Honestly I think Churchill should have been in before Victoria, but that's just my preference.

It is my hope, that within a generation, maybe two, people will finally be able to have an intellectual conversation regarding both Hitler and Stalin with out 50 thousand people screaming, "the man was a monster" on both sides. Were they bad men? Yes, I'm sure they're roasting side by side in you know where. But both of them made contributions to thei respective nations, unfortunately, it is too soon to be discussing them, because no matter how hard people try it always degenerates into a flame war. So I'm leaving it at that, and withdrawing myself from this thread.

Lorkfudge said:
:lol: If you son't want to get involved, don't post an arguement.

Anyway, I think that since Stalin killed millions of people in Russia, some people might be offended by him being in the game.

By the way, Augustus not Octavius is the Roman leader. It's on the diplomatic screen screenshot.

Russia already has two leaders though, and I don't think 2k wants to offend anyone because they made all of the religions exactly the same, so why would they choose to put in Stalin? And why not just put in Lenin? he Killed fewer people then Stalin.
I...can't help myself! Conflict is in my blood. :D

Sure, Stalin killed plenty of people. I'd never call him a humanitarian leader, but did he greatly impact world history? Absolutely. Lenin was important, but he didn't have the same impact. When Lenin was in power, the Soviet Union was a backwater. Stalin, through extremely unpleasant measures, made them into a frightening Empire.

And England has two leaders too, but Churchill is being added in. And if you want to talk atrocities, lets mention the British firebombings of German cities. And plenty of other heavy-handed despots are already in. The Mongols immediately spring to mind.

I love the historical feel of civ, but it should include all aspects of that history - for good and bad. Bowing to PC pressure dims it some for me at least.

Now this looks good really, I like the heads so much better than the cartoon faces we currently have :goodjob:
Well, as for Stalin, we have Mao in there already and he wasn't exactly and angle either. Hitler doesn't need to be discussed, because they game won't be sold in Germany/Austria then.

Octavian looks just like his uncle...

Perhaps they included Stalin to go along with FDR and Churchill for some WWII scenario action. They know people are going to mod it anyway...

Hey, folk, it is a game and political correctness coming and going.
I am Russian and I have no objection to Stalin. I would not object if they add Osama or Gitler as leaders. I do not care, all of them are real historical figures, not matter how horible or how mach they offend you personally.
Actially, Chengis Khan (not sure how you spell it in English) kill more people compare to world population at his time then Hitler and Stalin combined.

Top Bottom