CivIVor: Beyond the Sword

Do you want to join the game?

• Total voters
Any chance of kicking ynnek from civstats so i can add it to my list so i don't forget about it?

Completed. Sorry I missed this before.

Given that next turn I am going to be eliminated, let me be the first to sign up for the next CivIVor:BTS game!:D

By the way, any idea if the patches have fixed whatever the issue was with having advanced start on?

Given that next turn I am going to be eliminated, let me be the first to sign up for the next CivIVor:BTS game!:D

By the way, any idea if the patches have fixed whatever the issue was with having advanced start on?

*jots name down on the list*

No idea about the patches. Perhaps you could spend some time looking that you otherwise would have spent running your next several turns? :mischief:

:joke: (about the turns thing, anyway)

Well I have to say Davo went out in a blaze of glory, and just took my maceman with him.

Well I have to say Davo went out in a blaze of glory, and just took my maceman with him.
I'll say. He took a horse archer and chariot of mine. He had a great general in the city too. :salute:

add my name too ID.

Dead and long gone...

Far from eliminated, but I can use another game too.

No idea about the patches. Perhaps you could spend some time looking that you otherwise would have spent running your next several turns? :mischief:

:joke: (about the turns thing, anyway)
I'm not entirely sure what the problem was anyway:crazyeye: Some gold cheat that I didn't understand!

Well, I have Longbows, so I'm not too worried, but the rest of this continent....
Hmmm... is it shaping up to be a continent vs. continent space race I wonder? Playing a bit with the corporations? /spam

Also are the following exploits?

1) Using spies to get around no tech trading. Pretty easy to do, just allow free entry for neighboring civs to come in and steal from you and vice versa.

2) Turning on auto promote in your options while at war and having units that will promote and heal first thing the following turn (at least I think thats how it works). Its kind of like a double move IMO but there is the problem that the AI will promote to something silly.

Hmmm... is it shaping up to be a continent vs. continent space race I wonder? Playing a bit with the corporations? /spam

1) Using spies to get around no tech trading. Pretty easy to do, just allow free entry for neighboring civs to come in and steal from you and vice versa.

2) Turning on auto promote in your options while at war and having units that will promote and heal first thing the following turn (at least I think thats how it works). Its kind of like a double move IMO but there is the problem that the AI will promote to something silly.

1) I don't think so. I'm not sure what "free entry" is, but it does cost spying points (and ordinarily you wouldn't devote spy points toward an ally) and there's a possibility for failure anyway.

2) I think the possibility that the AI will promote your city garrison units with something other than CG (and will promote your other units with god-knows-what) pretty much nerfs this exploit into nonexistence.

About the spying thing:
This is my first pitboss on BtS, and I doubt there are many who have a real lot more experience with it. But I can imagine the BtS spying options will prove to be very "unsuitable" for proper pitboss games. Not sure yet, but it feels like it has something "out of civ".

To me thats sounds like an exploit. No doubt about it!

That otoh, seems to be a fair tactic which may or may not work. I can imagine though that we can easily collectively agree not to use this tactic.

Well you can keep a spy around and it raises your chances of catching the enemy slightly. But the real thing is researching along different branches and stealing from your partner, doing cooperative Oracle slingshots, and a number of other interesting things like player A only produces wealth, building markets, grocers, banks, and spies and giving gpt to Player B and player B only builds libes, unis, observatories while running science to 100% in the hopes that you can achieve a maximum efficiency of economy. Slower than pure tech trading but a leg up on those who dont try it. Cant say I have benefitted from this in this game.

Unit autopromote I dont know if it happens at the start of turn or when you log in, I assume beginning of turn so I used it against the AI (unit still died upon getting attacked).

That was a mass bludgeoning Cane. Good show! I think you know what this means though...:mischief:

That was a mass bludgeoning Cane. Good show! I think you know what this means though...:mischief:
You'll leave a lump of coal in my stocking this year?

Love you man. Good game, I felt really bad about it at least.

Top Bottom