Civlilization 5 MOST annoying issues you have seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andii

Roflstomper
Hey all, I need to make a post about some of the things about Civ 5 that annoyed me so much in my last few games, i'm choked and I need to say something about it.

While I'm at it, what has bothered you in your games /w Civ 5? Maybe we can learn something from this...

Civ 5 Major Suck List
-----------------------

+ Unit maintenance unpredictable. Paying sometimes 12GPT for one unit!!! I had a game recently where it was a HARSH balance between gold and happiness, I just couldn't get a break, even though I had ZERO military. Centuries later I noticed that even though my military advisor was telling me to BUILD MILITARY NOW, my 7-8 workers were costing me something like 70 GPT, what the F*&K. WORKERS.

+ Diplomacy is gutted and even less deep than before. Enemy races just call you up and smack talk you over and over, but do nothing about it. They don't do it for any apparent reason, and do it in STUPID situations IE someone with 3 towns called you up after you finished killing some other civ and they say stuff like "Whats it like to be my :):):):):)"? What the hell man this completely destroys ANY illusion that there is some kind of intelligence working here. Would this ever happen in real life???? Geez

+ Buildings permanently consume your strategic resources and you can never destroy the buildings? whattttt? I had 1 Uranium in a previous game with NOTHING else attainable, and they were both permanently used by Nuke Power generators that I built without knowing, and there is nothing I can do to regain the uranium back? What the F*&K, this RUINED my game.

+ You need to build units and disband them for cash instead of building wealth, because its up to 4x more effective for gold generation AND you can option having another unit every few turns. Broken badly, wow.

+ How do you get numeric reports on your competition, showing you their military strength and resources etc?? Where is the important strategic information in this game??? Does it even exist??

+ Puppet states build themselves junk you don't want or need, but you have to pay for it, and you can never get rid of it afterwards! Burn every city to the ground? Then the AI just re-settles the same territory in sometimes as little as 2-3 turns. This is infuriatingly annoying.

+ WHY CANT I BURN CAPITALS. If they wanted to make in an option, they should have, with burn capitals on by default. Never burn them? Forced to have and manage them? WHAAAAT.

+ The game asks you whether you want to burn or annex a city without even letting you LOOK AT IT before you decide. Yeah you can puppet and later decide to burn, but why not let me see the city? Or puppet everything and don't even ask me???

+ Economic details screen has the sort for "sort by science" broken. It just doesn't work! A SORT ffs. Sorting numbers like this is less than a first year computer science problem. There is absolutely NO WAY a tester looked at this screen and used the sort. Not at all. The C *standard library* has had qsort() functionn for ages, which would solve this problem in every case in one line of code.

+ No spying? Are they adding this back in an expansion pack?

+ No tech trading? I don't really care about this actually, it usually screws up game balance too much imo. But its loss reduces a SAD diplomatic system from previous games to something that should just be removed entirely from the game (diplomacy). It has needed a successful overhaul for over 10 years and it's not come. I am prone to hyperbole sometimes but to call this diplomacy paper-thin and unbelievably unoriginal and ineffective would be being generous.

+ Pact of Secrecy, not in the Civilopedia. WTF is it? What does it DOOOO?

+ Time victory, WTF is this, why is this stupid crap still in the game!!!!!!! Take this out it is and has always been the worst thing about Civilization, ever. EVER. Time victory is an abortion.

+ AI totally failed on archipelago /w "sea level high" on Prince. They just built 2-3 towns on their little island, even in horrid terrain like full ice cover, never expanded or had boats, and I toured the world with 6 musketeers and killed everyone, they still were using warriors and archers.

Phew, I know there is more, but I can't remember it right now. I still find the game a bit fun, but I might change my mind after the next game if I don't have some taste of an epic battle or race for something.

Moderator Action: Swearing is not allowed on these forums, thanks.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Having to click past the wall of text each time I load the game got old a while ago.

Oh my god I forgot like the most important one of all. How did I miss this:

+ You have to watch the first minute of that video of the old man in the hut EVERY game launch and there is no way to skip it. "glorious... GLOOOORIOUS". GDI WTF is with that. I am sick of that video WTH let me cancel it.

Now when there is no more distance maintenance, AI is settling some really weird locations. Like Iroquois (in my last game), going on the opposite end of the continent past England's five or so cities to settle on the coast, with THE SAME resources which were like 5 hexes from his capital ON THE COAST.

I didn't see that anyone complained about that. But this is ridiculous. How in the name they can defend some of those cities after???

Honestly I don't think I will play this game till they patch it up, right now is more one less turn appeal for me.

And I do think that game has potential.

Oh my god I forgot like the most important one of all. How did I miss this:

+ You have to watch the first minute of that video of the old man in the hut EVERY game launch and there is no way to skip it. "glorious... GLOOOORIOUS". GDI WTF is with that. I am sick of that video WTH let me cancel it.

You can turn that off easily!

go to my documents/civ V find user settings file, open it in notepad find this line SkipIntroVideo = 0 and change 0 into 1.

NO MORE VIDEO:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom