Civlisation 5 has some annoying aspects about it

hashi_lebwhol

Chieftain
So I've gone from Civlisation 3 straight to 5 now.

Civilisation 5 has some annoying things, such as

1. I cant see how to select which land the workers work on for each city. In civ 3 you could just click another square and the worker would change to working that square, which has different quantities of food etc. But in civ 5 it seems to be fixed. Is there a way to change this?

2. When you tell a unit to move somewhere that will take 2 turns from this one, next turn that unit will only automatically move to the other squares when you press end turn. But this is annoying. In civ 3, all those units that already had orders from the previous turn would move during your turn, so that by the time you were ready to press "next turn", all your units had already used up their movement. It annoys me that this doesnt happen in civ 5, because sometimes I think that I havent given a unit orders from the previous turn, and have to remember what units were doing what.

3. I went to war with a nation next to me. I attacked one of the cities with 4 archers. I have taken down the health of the city, and each turn it regenerates some of it. It takes one unit to take it down to the health it had previously, but then the other units do no further damage. How do I take over this city?

4. I have built a road to horses. But I still dont have the resource in my city. Does it need to be in my culture too? If so, thats really gay

If someone can help me with these, that would be great

1. On the right side of the city view you have several tabs, one of those is the one who allows you to switch working tiles

2. They still move in your turn. But when you are finished doing things, they do your orders (move). If one unit still has movements, you assign them, and then click end turn again. It's made this way because the computer needs to know all your orders to calculate paths, since units can't just share the same tile now. Or I think it has to do with that

3. You need a melee unit to take over a city. Ranged units take health away, but can't capture it

4. You don't need roads to get resources now. But it needs to be inside your empires cultural borders.

4. I have built a road to horses. But I still dont have the resource in my city. Does it need to be in my culture too? If so, thats really gay
Even in Civ 3, the resources needed to be within your borders (otherwise you would have to found a colony). And I fail to see any homosexual implications with requiring resources to be within your cultural borders...

2) Annoys me greatly even though I can see their logic in doing it. I wish they could have found a better solution.

The before the end turns movement. You thought you're done with it and then you'll have to move others. Annoying as hell.

And oh, the fact that this game is slow on a decent computer when you're playing on large maps pissess me off.

Judging from your other posts, you haven't even played it yet.

I never will play it, I am offended that everyone is being inconvenienced because of the Piracy issue, it is like treating everyone like a terrorist, to stop terrorists, oh wait we do that also in the airport.

I never will play it, I am offended that everyone is being inconvenienced because of the Piracy issue, it is like treating everyone like a terrorist, to stop terrorists, oh wait we do that also in the airport.

I'm getting a feeling, because you have yet to actually describe what the problem you had is, that you aren't even WILLING to TRY and get help to solve it. So goodluck with that then and don't blame something else for your problems.

:cry:
I don't feel inconvenienced...at the airport either.

wtf ffs, I have the horses inside my borders and yet still dont have them as a resource. what do you need to do now?

whats really annoying is that there are some units I can move but it still has the button saying "Next Turn", not "A unit needs orders". Its really annoying having to go around the map finding units to move because it wont automatically find them

Next Turn certainly is a bit more vague than it used to be. It probably will remember about those unmoved units if you hit the button, and take you to them to issue orders, before again presenting you with the real Next Turn button. This doesn't apply to fortified units of course, or those garrisoning cities. As you may have parked units in cities to take advantage of faster healing, and want them rolling again as soon as they are ready, it is worth studying the difference between the garrison and heal orders, and the need to check that when a unit enters a city with its last movement point, it got the correct idea about what it is supposed to be doing there (i.e. you can wake it in its 0-moves-left state and explicitly issue a garrison or heal order).

Man that's amazing. Being into Civ but not playing the best version, 4.

Man that's amazing. Being into Civ but not playing the best version, 4.

^ This, exactly. Skipping CivIV is a huge loss. You can probably buy the whole set of expansions quite cheap at this point. It really is the best in the series IMHO.

Top Bottom