CIVNET multiplayer game request thread

Hi Peter,

If you still want to play, I'm interested. 'Till now I've only been playing the original game for one player, but I'd love to try civnet and play with others finally!
Let me know, then I'll search & install civnet.

Also anyone who wants to play, let me know :)

Is there no multiplayer civnet online server available?
It would be simple!
civ 1 is the best civgame
+ I did not find freeciv 1 multiplayer online server
I am sure there are civ1 fans to play with
10 plays would be nice
WHEN is next game planed?

@hannurabi, how do you actually managed to play Civnet over the Internet? Hamachi, Tunngle.net? Explain for others to benefit from, pls.

Similar to what previous moderators have done I might make this the 'official' CivNET Multiplayer request thread and move any future requests into this thread to avoid clutter and repeating of information.

I play win7 32 bit. I think 32 and 16 bit windows it works fine. 64 bit I don't think you can get it work.
Thankfully these days that is no longer an issue thanks to WineVDM which allows CivNET to be played on modern 64bit operating systems without needing a virtual machine.

how do you actually managed to play Civnet over the Internet? Hamachi, Tunngle.net? Explain for others to benefit from, pls.
Yes it would be useful if someone could provide information on getting the multiplayer connection side of things working these. Hamachi is certainly one I hear a lot people talking about using for classic games.

Alas I was not able to get networked civnet working under winevdm. It just seemed to spam the winevdm error log whatever kind of connection I used.

I'm no expert though, so maybe someone who knows what they're doing with more exotic setups can get somewhere. Another way would be to try and get 2 dosbox or pcem instances to talk to each other.

Top Bottom