Civs aplenty as Civ 5 Website Updates

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator
For all those who have been craving to know just which civilizations will be in the next Civ game, you wait it now over. The official site has finally updated to reveal the final retail list of who's in and who's out and boy on top of Siam and Songhai the developers through in another surprise.

Also, for the first time you get to see all of the leaders in their full animated glory, which I can say really looks impressive, a nǐ hǎo to you too Empress Wu Zetian.

So if you want to see all the animated goodies head over the the offical site: Here

If you have a slow internet connection or just want to read the cliff notes, you can have a gander at the full list at Civfanatics Confirmed Features List: Here

I don't see any new info on the official site. Still just 3 screenshots, and information and features don't list any civs.

EDIT: OK, nevermind. Now all of a sudden it's different (and awesome looking).

Monty's got one hell of a hat.

Alex the great is very poorly animated. Also, I noticed that some civs have a different amount of buildings and units as others. What is the reason for this

Washington doesn't sound very Virginian to me.

While I actually couldn't care less for animated leaders and such fancy stuff as it will eat into resources, has this webpage been set up in a hash?

Otto von Bismarck is spelled wrongly, I mean if you want to be so accurate with German words, then don't spell him as Otto Von Bismark

and I wonder what unit this is
Special Unit: Champion Calvary.
Or does the unit have something to do with Calvados?

also, it lists the Indian Mughal Fort as unit... heh?
Isn't it a building?

Yer I have PMed 2K Greg about that, if it is a mistake or not

Unfortunately, when I click on 'Information' nothing shows up - just a blank black screen. What am I missing?

Wow, no Mongols? Well they gotta save something for the expansion I guess.

I like the Songhai leader the best. looks like a leader to fear especially with that background.

No Mongols and no Zulu. I hate to say it: lame.

I hope they iron out some of those misspellings. I also hope the Civilopedia reads nothing like that.

Some of those 'Special Abilities' are pretty opaque. 'Glory of Rome'? Well duh. And why a France represented by Napoleon gets 'Ancien Regime' is beyond me.

I guess all civs get the same number of UPs, UUs and UBs but we've only been told about some of them so far.

Still, cool animations. Wu Zetian is clearly the game phoxx this time around, in fact she reminds me of the spouse a little.

Washington sounds like Bill Clinton. And why on earth Hiawatha is caught stalking, then stands up and starts talking in a normal voice, beats me and all :) That raccoon ain't coming back.

About the civs, Songhai should have remained Mali, I can only imagine they changed it to be contrary. The Zulu don't make the cut, fair enough. The real surprise is the Iroquois, though thank God at least we are spared the 'Native Americans' this time. Why ever they are worthier of a slot than the Inca or Mongol let alone Spain... hey ho.

And the Ottomans should have been the Turks. What other civ do we call by the name of a dynasty?

I'm excited! :) Gonna preorder it soon.

One thing though. Am I the only one who thinks Gandhi looks like a male concubine? :lol:

No Mongols and no Zulu. I hate to say it: lame.

Downloadable content...same with babylon..you get to pay extra for those so 2kgreg can drive a lexus

I love how the hebrew tribes never seem to make it into these games..think 2k is anti-semetical ?

and I wonder what unit this is
Special Unit: Champion Calvary.
Or does the unit have something to do with Calvados?

Probably they mean the Companion Cavalry of Alexander.

Downloadable content...same with babylon..you get to pay extra for those so 2kgreg can drive a lexus

I love how the hebrew tribes never seem to make it into these games..think 2k is anti-semetical ?

What have the hebrews ever done to deserve a place? They had a tiny country for a couple of centuries, over 3000 years ago, before they were overrun by the the babylonians.

No factoid for the Arabs? They couldn't find anything to say? What a joke

Top Bottom