CiVs next expansion/dlc. Your prediction?

Primacide

Settler
I believe the last expansion pack for Civ V will be:

A rebalance that blasts tradition and rewards infinite city sprawl. Spies will be able to plant a nuke and ghandi will do it to you time and again.

Your thoughts on which way they'll twist the game?

Honestly, I think we won't see any more patches to Civ V, let alone expansions or DLC unless something completely unexpected happens such as:

1. Some distant future version of Windows not being able to run Civ V at all (which is why SMAC got a patch several years after the others to run on Vista+)

2. In the distant future Steam shutting down, which would result in a patch skipping steam. Analog to a very late Civ IV patch that did nothing except remove the requirement to have the CD in the drive on startup.

I think they working on new CIV on 25th anniversary (next year). So no more DLCs or patches for this version. We have to wait.

Unless it is for software compatibility issues (such as the Windows and/or Steam related scenarios above), why the hell would they bother throwing money on a game that won't generate any significant future profits (read: people will not buy an old game for anything more than 75% off)?

You need to think in terms of business (and the bottom line) when you ask these types of questions.

Well tbh people aren't buying anything and they are more likely to buy Civ 5 than I would even say BE or Civ 4.

And quite frankly Mod support in MP is still the one thing they haven't done and I feel they should REALLY try to.

Top Bottom