1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ's unique district now "count"?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by beorn, Dec 27, 2016.

1. beorn

beorn Prince

Playing Brazil post-patch, and it appears to me that their Street Carnival special entertainment district now counts against the population-based district limits for the city. Unless I am suffering a total brain meltdown, that was not true pre-patch for Germany's Hansa or England's Royal Docks. Do I have this right?

This does balance civs -- a special district not counting against the limit was huge. But it kind of undermines the important distinction between civs. Would have preferred to make the other civs' advantages stronger. But then, I really enjoy clearly different civs.

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

That was a change made in the December patch: "Most Civilization unique districts now require population to construct (like normal districts)"

3. Promethian

Promethian Warlord

I wonder if there are any that still don't count considering the wording of the patch note but that is more than likely just incompetence on the part of whoever wrote the note. It seems to me not taking up a district slot would be an excellent bonus to give to a unique district and would help shore up some of the weaker civs, like England.

Jabulani likes this.
  4. beorn

beorn Prince

+1

Germany is so overpowered (or was pre-patch, haven't tried since), I can see a good case for taking away that advantage. England was always weak, even with that advantage, so it would be counter-productive to take it away.

5. VicRatlhead5199

VicRatlhead5199 King

Germany and maybe Greece needed the nerf but its a bit of a bummer for England and maybe Brazil and the Aztecs.

6. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

I think this is a very good change. Having a district not count towards the district limit is a huge benefit (essentially a conditional version of Germany's UA) without actually being very exciting, and removing it frees up a lot of room for unique districts to be powerful based on their actual unique features.

7. isau

isau Deity

Here's a full list of which districts are free, ripped from the database. The ones with a 0 do not require population to build, otherwise the ones with a 1 do.

DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER - 0
    DISTRICT_NEIGHBORHOOD - 0
    DISTRICT_AQUEDUCT - 0
    DISTRICT_SPACEPORT - 0
    DISTRICT_WONDER - 0
    DISTRICT_BATH - 0
    DISTRICT_MBANZA - 0

DISTRICT_HOLY_SITE - 1
    DISTRICT_CAMPUS - 1
    DISTRICT_ENCAMPMENT - 1
    DISTRICT_HARBOR - 1
    DISTRICT_AERODROME - 1
    DISTRICT_COMMERCIAL_HUB - 1
    DISTRICT_ENTERTAINMENT_COMPLEX - 1
    DISTRICT_THEATER - 1
    DISTRICT_INDUSTRIAL_ZONE - 1
    DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS - 1
    DISTRICT_HANSA - 1
    DISTRICT_LAVRA - 1
    DISTRICT_STREET_CARNIVAL - 1
    DISTRICT_ROYAL_NAVY_DOCKYARD - 1

8. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Bath and Mbanza. Because Aqueducts and Neighborhoods never counted towards the district limit.