Civs Without a Religion Building Religious Wonders?

ferretbacon

Obsessor
I didn't see this as often on G&Ks. I'm thinking it has to do with Piety being available from the beginning.

On my current game, the Shoshone went into Piety, but failed to actually found a religion (as in, there were no more religions that could be founded). Despite this, he went on to build Borbodur, Hagia Sophia, and the Great Mosque of Djenne (on a side note, I've noticed the Shoshone are quite the wonder hogs).

Great, Pocatello, now you have a bunch of improved Missionaries and a Great Prophet with nothing to do.

I know the AI is already being criticized for a number of other reasons and I'm just adding wood to the fire, but if Firaxis does patch the AI in order to fine tune and tweak the problems that have arisen in the wake of BNW, it would be nice if they put something in that told the AI to stop all production towards religious wonders if they failed to found a religion. It wastes the wonder and, perhaps more importantly, wastes the time of the AI who built it. Instead of building something useful, they wasted a pile of hammers on a wonder they had no business building.

I thought that Borobudur could only be build in a holy city. This may be a bug.

I thought that Borobudur could only be build in a holy city. This may be a bug.

Hm, you're right. I'll have to double check on that. He definitely built the other two though.

I see the same in my Venice game. Suleyman is sitting on top of 2 great prophets. Indonesia's leader is called The Pious but there are no religious followers in his cities anywhere :D

It's just like the AI building colossus without having any sea resources. It was probably a CS quest they fulfilled.

Top Bottom