1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civs?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by GenocideBringer, Sep 9, 2007.

1. GenocideBringer

GenocideBringer King

How many civs do you all play with?

I usually do 11 AIs on a standard map with low sea level..but then again, I often can't even manage to get enough cities for national wonders (need 6 universities for Oxford, have 5 cities).

I may decrease it by 2 in the future.

How about you all?

2. Silver Marmot

Silver Marmot Warlord

I've usually been doing a large map with the regular amount (I think it's 9, including me), but I think I'm going to try adding two or three the next game.

3. zahathustra

zahathustra Chieftain

I also play with 9, random personalities on normal speed, continent, standard size.

Is this a golden number for human players to choose?

4. Thrasybulus

Thrasybulus Chieftain

I use large hemispheres map with low sea level and two hemispheres and 12 civs. There is usually plenty of room for everyone, and occasionally someone can end up with a massive empire. Zara Yaqob once had 32 cities and he had only conquered about 10 of those. In another game Pacal won a cultural victory with 25 cities and he never fought a war (as far as I could tell).

5. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

Huge, marathon, continents/fractal/big & small, 10-12 civs. I'm trying to get more barbarians involved.

6. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

I usually add 1-2 civs for the map size. So if I play a huge map, there'll be 12 or 13, a large map will have 10 or 11, etc.

7. Sueff

Sueff Warlord

Terra, large, low sea level, standard speed, 11 civs (sometimes 12)