1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CivV slower with mods?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by mandella, Dec 22, 2012.

1. mandella

mandella Chieftain

First of all: Merry Christmas to all!

Second of all: anyone noticed that the game works significantly slower with enabled mods? I just started playing with two of them and jesus, the difference between the normal, non-modded game and the one with 2 mods is enormous. The time between turns is longer, the whole interface is less responsive, etc. Are there any tips to improved performance of the modded game?

2. civ54lyfe

civ54lyfe Prince

What I've found specifically unresponsive is the game trying to resolve something that will allow a unit's turn to be officially "over". Once one of my units takes an action and is out of moves, the game will sit there... sometimes for a full minute ...with the "A Unit Needs Orders" prompt. And the only unit selected IS the unit that just expended all its move, and was given final orders, and is completely finished. ...and there are no units left to do anything. It just feels like excessive coding somewhere in there, idk.

3. bc1

bc1

Try this:

4. Greizer85

Greizer85 Emperor

Link doesn't work... What's it do? :we need a 'scratches chin' smiley: In non-technicalese for us non-techies, please. :) I too would like to see this problem fixed.

5. aldon47

aldon47 Chieftain

The same thing will happen to me a lot and it seems that when it gets "stuck" I switch in and out of strategic view and that seems to move things along.

Some mods tend to slow down my performance too, mostly the ethnic units one but I am on a very low end laptop and surprised I can even play the game. I have to play in windowed mode and direct x 9 but it still plays and thats what matters! :D

6. civ54lyfe

civ54lyfe Prince

My comp is low-end as well. While this "unit turn" I guess could be a graphics/rendering problem, I see that as being unlikely. Because there's nothing to render, I am literally only waiting for the prompt to change from "A unit needs orders" to "Next turn". Nothing is rendered here except maybe the graphic for the prompt change, heh. It's just weird.

7. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

I only get slower game with CivUP - other Mods don't affect game speed.

8. bc1

bc1

9. alysenne

alysenne Chieftain

Sigh. I wish that a slowdown is my problem.

For me, mods cause crashes.