Civver Looking For PBEM Game...

Fuel68

Chieftain
Greetings & salutations, Civvers! And thank you Mods for making a sticky out of this!

Are YOU like me, looking for a PBEM or PitBoss game constantly refreshing this forum for NEW games and such?

This thread was created in the hopes of getting many of us Civ-Fanatics to advertise ourselves that we are 'ready, willing, & able' to participate in some PBEM or PitBoss games. So just reply and ADD yourself to this thread to form a simple Player Directory for the community to use for player-slot filling in creating games. :D

I apologize if there’s an already existing thread with regards to players looking for CivIV, PBEM games---feel free, mods, to plop this post in the right area! Seeing as I enjoyed how GrendelS did his write-up for a game search on a thread he started, I borrowed his template somewhat and made my own ‘ad’ to look for a game. :lol:

:D Maybe the Mods can possibly make a sticky out of this too! For those that may be interested, maybe copying the ‘format’ and adding/substituting other relevant features PBEM organizers are looking for could help make things easier for gamers in general. I like organization---probably due to my ocd! For example, I'm thinking probably filling in the basics of the following would help:

Looking For: (Type of game, game specifics, preferences…)
Favorite Civilizations: Name your flavors erm,... Civs! :goodjob:
Communication: How to get a hold of you. Which works best?

* Hopefully there others like myself out there looking for games that can add replies to this to make it worthwhile for PBEM organizers.
Peace, yet again… Fuel :crazyeye:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking For: I'd like to join any-sized (slight preference on 4-10 people but no biggie!), more or less default settings CivIV (Warlords or Vanilla) PBEM game; no preference on map; culture-specific starting locations on or off as I'm not picky. A fun, reasonable and committed group of guys & gals who are available to do 4-6 turns a week---and have fun when collaborating or running amok/suicidal. Having fun & taking lumps as you go. With regards to the game speed, forwarding the save as soon as possible is NOT a priority as it is ensuring everyone is able to make the turn---ie: getting the turn done in 6 hours before folks are ready is not as important as getting everyone done in 2-3 days! But I’m sure we’ll see how it goes per group & play it by ear. Thanks for everyone’s time and happy Civving! :D

Peace & much thanks, Fuel

Game Experience: Since Civ I’s inception,…
Favorite Civilizations: America, Carthage, England, India, & Korea
Gaming-Style: Honorable, easy-going, & committed.
Communication: ICQ, MSN, yahoo!, VOIP enabled (TeamSpeak or Ventrilo), or Email
Substitution Availability: Sure, why not? Just message me---as long as the game isn’t on turn 140 of 150! ;)

I could start one up as my last game is almoust dead....

I', from Finland, Vantaa, GMT+2
Addicted from Civ I
Favorite: hmmm... Any aggressive leader, heh heh.
Loyal, unforgiving if betrayed.
only on MSN(contact is in my profile)

I've been thinking about doing civ MP for the first time.

Loc: NY, US - GMT -5 iirc
Fav Civ: Random :crazyeye: but am intrigued by the Viking navy
Communication: email only
Looking for: I prefer team play to free for all, but would be willing to die, erm, I mean try anything
Skill: still working on Prince

I'd be interested in joining - it would be my first PBEM game, though I've played quite a bit against the AI.

Looking For: I'd prefer to play a human-only game - AIs are too easily manipulated. If we can get six committed players together and keep the game flowing for a few months that would be awesome.
Game Experience: Since Civ I
Favorite Civilizations: Random
Gaming-Style: Honorable, easy-going, committed...I don't mind losing
Communication: Email
Substitution Availability: Not interested in subbing at the moment.

I'd love to PBEM.

My leader of choice would be Mehmed II for Warlords, and for Vanilla, Saladin.

rustee4tw(at)yahoo(dot)com

I'm a novice in PBEM games and like to join.

Looking For: Flowing PBEM.. 4-6 turns a week would be great.
Favorite Civilizations: Ramses II
Communication: Email, ICQ

Who will host the game? I will PM my email address to you.

Hey... I'll post myself here too.

Looking For: Civ4 1.61 PBEM game. Anything but Pangea is good for me.

Game Experience: Played all Civ games, but making first times at the 4th version.
Favorite Civilizations: England.
Gaming-Style: Committed
Communication: Email. I check the forum every day too.

Thanks.

Message has been deleted.

I'd be interested in joining a new game not interested in replacing in an existing game.

Game Experience: lots of MP games
Favorite Civilizations: Rusia
Gaming-Style: Honorable, easy-going, committed
communication: Email, Forum
Substitution Availability: Not interested in subbing

Game Experience: many RTS (starcraft, etc.) and FPS (counterstrike), never Civ. I've played quite a bit of the game but usually on low settings because I enjoy winning.
Gaming-Style: honorable, easy-going, committed (thanks, Sonny, those are good words!), respectful
Communications: email daily
Substitution Availability: maybe, but it'd be like using someone else's toothbrush. I suppose it'd be good to learn the ropes?
Other thoughts: I don't know what is expected of me as far as other Civ-ers, but I'd be playing every day about 3AM Greenwich and emailing then. If there are other 'house-rules' for this game that those experienced people know (such as you always ping your location, or whatever) that fresh fish wouldn't know, please don't get mad, just tell me, and I'll do it.

Thanks!

Looking For: Any type of game setting; preferably random generated maps. v1.61 at the moment.
Favorite Civilizations: No Preference
Communication: MSN: c__d__t@hotmail.com
Available Times: Mon, Wed, Fri, 7pm -11pm or Sat, Sun 4-9pm GMT

Experience: Played Civ3 mostly offline and 4 completely offline, this is my first week at attempting online play. I'm a Noob.

I will be willing to fill in missing players in existing games, as I'm only in for the experience.

Goals: I've had a hard time finding a game online this week, so I intend to organize a PBEM league some day soon. This will provide regular scheduled gaming so that there will be no need for registered players to go out searching for games. The ladder system I intend to install will be a nice feature aswell. I have the needed web development skills and will be seeking a partner experienced with online Civ4 to help moderate it; but this is another topic fo another day, for now I just want some games. :goodjob:

Hi all!

I'd like to play warlords PBEM games. Till now I have no big PBEM experience.
I can offer 4-5 turns per week.

If you'd like to invite me, just drop me a mail to b0204 at freemail dot hu
Bye:)

Location UK
Games experience: All versions of civ, and many strategey games: Hearts of Iron, Europa universalis, RTW, Diplomacy etc.
Favourite civs: NOT the Mongols or the Carthaginians as I always seem to play them. Aprt from that any civ.
Communication: Forum, email. I must admit to not being best communicator though.
Available times: vary but I can nearly always do at least 1 move a day.
Style: I am a reasonably competent player, I usually tend to win against the AI in the modern era, I like building up cities and gaining economic dominance before attacking.
I am happy to fill in as a replacement on either a PBEM or a pitboss game.

Hi,

This is my data:

Gaming experience: Have played strategy games more or less frequently since I was a teenager, and I'm not new to Civilization.
Communication: E-mail and forum.
Availability: I can play almost every day.
Software: Civ 4 with 1.61 patch.
Status: Since I have just bought Civilization IV I'm not playing any PBEM game right now.

Regards,

Michael

Hi!
I would gladly join any PBEM or Pitboss game. I'm playing only one at the moment, so I've got plenty time.

I'm commited to play almost every day - to the end. Mine or yours.

I'm using Civ4 Vanilla (v.1,61), but I don't mind getting Warlords if that's what it takes to play the game I've been addicted to since early 90's...

Location: Poland (GMT+1). Here in Poland we know what honour and courage is, and we never give up fighting.

Hi guys; to join the next Civ4 1.61 game; visit civ.crowbird.co.uk and register in the forum so you can post your details there. The game will start quite soon. (PBEM Civ4 1.61, probably 2 or 3 teams of two)

Hi guys; to join the next Civ4 1.61 game; visit civ.crowbird.co.uk and register in the forum so you can post your details there. The game will start quite soon. (PBEM Civ4 1.61, probably 2 or 3 teams of two)
Just a friendly reminder. This thread was created as more of a thread of interested posters placing basic information with the hopes of forming a simple Player Directory. I would like to keep this thread clean of game formation threads---unfortunately much like "JusticeUK" did here. Please take game formation to another separate thread to prevent the 'Off-Topic' clutter. Sorry to be so OCD-ish. Just trying to keep things organized for people in general & for Game-creators/starters to look for interested participants to fill out slots in games. I guess if you're interested in specific games, just browse this subforum and send PMs to people who started said games.

Again, just a friendly reminder... thanks for your understanding & Civ on! :goodjob:

Fuel

Top Bottom