1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

cjcnyqj.exe?

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by dannyevilcat, Aug 13, 2003.

1. dannyevilcat

dannyevilcat DESTROYER OF FURNITURE

Does anyone know what cjcnyqj.exe is, and why it would be in my starting up wth Windows?

It's in my System32 folder, but google can't tell me what it is.

2. Smash

Smash Super Lurker Retired Moderator

Probably spyware of somekind.No such animal exists on my machine so it ain't a vital component.Get rid of it from the startup.

But the real reason I posted is to say that sig is @#$%ing hiliarious.

BTW-I prefer the old cat picture.

3. dannyevilcat

dannyevilcat DESTROYER OF FURNITURE

If it's spyware, Ad Aware doesn't spot it, and I've run a virus scan just in case.

It's been a while since the last time I've msconfigged, but the only thing I recall having added was msn messenger 6.0, the update for the W32.Blaster.Worm thing, and a new file sharing program called Earthstation5.

In any case, it's already been disabled. I was just thinking it might've been an application XP is using to plug their security gap rather than patching what's there, but now that I think about it, it's probably something Earthstation5 put there.

BTW, I'm sure the old avatar will come out of retirement some day :)

4. funxus

funxus Orange Cycloptic Blob

If I'd ever want something to start on someone's computer without them thinking much about it, I'd probably add a link in the register instead of the startup menu. So, it's probably not an ad program or virus-like.