CK2 succession game

Double A

♫We got the guillotine♫
This SG is running 2.4.5 because I hate Conclave. The only other DLC we're not using is Sunset Invasion. To go back to 2.4.5, you have to right click CK2, click Properties, go to the Betas tab, and select 2.4.5 from the dropdown. Your game'll take like 30 seconds to "update" because Paradox games are super duper teeny in terms of file space.

Right, I'm this douche:
Spoiler :

And here's my kid:
Spoiler :

Rules:
If you die before 2 years are up, you can play as your heir.
Don't be a dick and release all the vassals because lol (we'll skip you).

Turn order:
me 1
Arakor 2a 2b 2c 2d 2e
Yeekim 3a 3b
cardgame
Lohrenswald
Quintillus

Robrecht Senior doesn't look like he's going to be long for the world!

Wow! What are you going to do with the land?

Go rogue and subvert everyone's expectations of a Flanders and become a Greek state instead? :mischief:

What dlc?

Wow! What are you going to do with the land?

Go rogue and subvert everyone's expectations of a Flanders and become a Greek state instead? :mischief:
If the game did what it SHOULD'VE done and made me the king of Greece, I probably would've sworn fealty to either the Kaiser or the Basileus. Arakor's betrothed to his cousin, the princess of France, his brother's betrothed to a daughter of Aquitaine, and his sister's matribetrothed to a prince of Scotland with an English claim, so he has amazing opportunities. He also has 16 freakin intrigue.
What dlc?

This is patch 2.4.5, so everything important but Conclave and Sunset Invasion. I updatedg the first post with instructions on how to roll back.

All my vassals have relations above 90, most of them at 100, and 4 of them are voting for some old bastard over my son. The hell is wrong with vanilla?

Well that didn't take long.

Spoiler :

More details incoming.

More details are definitely needed! Dat crusade, for example... some clear results, but how'd you wind up as the one with so much land?

Also what are the three wars going on as of the passing of the torch? Looks like Arakhor will be inheriting the realm at an interesting time.

The other wars going on are the French war to be a dick to Genoa, and the Norman war for some Norman county. As in the Duke of Normandy is strong enough to beat up France right now. My war is to put some Karling on the throne of Vermandois. I won the crusade cause I occupied the most holdings. Not much to it, really, but I only barely won because I got in late. I figured we were gonna lose because of the Seljuk blob, but Malik got rekt by rebels.

Spoiler :
This guy's my cousin over in Hainaut. I tried to murder him to get his land, but my crappy intrigue and mediocre diplomacy didn't even get me to 50% plot power. He now has a son, but murdering him and his heir(s) should be doable now with 16 intrigue.

One of the very first things I did was bugger this guy over for his land. He called Burgundy into our war, which I could've easily dealt with but it probably would've meant up to 1000 casualties. Fortunately, I captured him in the second battle. Normally I ransom people when I'm winning a war because I like getting 70 gold, but I reaaaally wanted in on the crusade, which was called a mere 31 days after I began playing.

This is Europe right after I won the crusade. I didn't have time to take any more clay in the homeland because of how early it started, so my holdings are pretty much Flanders and the cancerous blue in Anatolia (most of which I gave to various claimants). If you'll look to the bottom right corner, you'll notice France is at war with the Kaiser. This was problematic because he wanted Ghent, as Lohrenswald predicted. What made this twice as awful is Ghent is actually a really freakin sweet county, tied with Brugge for best. It was a full third of my demesne troops, so I wouldn't stand for the Kaiser's tomfoolery. I declared independence.

Unfortunately, the only screenshots I took during this war were of my allies, William the Conqueror and Alfonso III of Castille, Leon, and Galicia, and my inability to call them to war for whatever reason. Maybe because my son was betrothed to Philippe Capet's daughter? Either way, screw them. And then Willy died literally a month before I won and Al got into a revoke war so I couldn't even use them to press a claim somewhere.

While crusading, I got crusader, brave, and zealous. I had 100 relations with pretty much every vassal after that (especially because I made a point of giving vassals and my son crusader too). The pope died in the middle of my independence war, which got me another 1000 troops from the clergy. I had more than twice as many men as France, sitting pretty at around 5k. France had been hammered by England and the Kaiser pretty seriously, so I was in a really good spot, in spite of my allies' uselessness.

Right after I won independence (about a year before my death), I attacked Brittany over Leon. The claimant was in his mid-70s, so I was pretty worried he'd die, but fortunately he didn't. Pretty sure he's actually still alive. I realized then that my only hope of survival would be to swear fealty to one of the four major players I was next to: England, Byz, HRE, and France. England was out because god would that be ugly. I didn't pick Byz either because DEUS VULT. I almost picked HRE because my wife's the Duke of Saxony's brother and he has two daughters, but she made me break up with my lover so screw her wrinkly ass. I also legitimized all three of my bastards right after that. :king:

So I went right back to France. I had the most claims there, and I just got my bastard baby son betrothed to the Duchess of Burgundy, who was in danger of being usurped. I first went after Vermandois because my Karling claimant for that was in his 50s, and, well, you know how that ended.

Looking ahead, I've build a pretty solid power base for Arakhor. It should be a trivial matter to break free of France again (or even put my son's wife on the throne) and then join the HRE to take Saxony. I'm PRETTY SURE my wife's claim is inheritable but if not, I'd recommend handling that asap cause she's like 50-something. Continuing vulting for deus in Anatolia's not the worst idea, but the Seljuk blob of Rum and Persia is something upwards of 20k troops. Persia's losing lots of land to rebels, though, so maybe it's not a bad idea. Armenia Minor's easy pickings as well. Forging a duchy claim would be possible with my chancellor, who is above the dip threshold for doing that. Also, worth noting that he's a county-level mayor. I made his duchy to become a grand duke for dat +1 demesne limit and get a de jure claim on Chios, plus Syrma is a good place for a merchant republic once we hit kingdom-tier.

Or Arakhor can just not do any of this because it's his game now.

If the game did what it SHOULD'VE done and made me the king of Greece, I probably would've sworn fealty to either the Kaiser or the Basileus.
Could be that the byzantine emperor already holds the kingdom of Greece?
Or that most of Greece wasn't taken.
Unfortunately, the only screenshots I took during this war were of my allies, William the Conqueror and Alfonso III of Castille, Leon, and Galicia, and my inability to call them to war for whatever reason. Maybe because my son was betrothed to Philippe Capet's daughter?

Pretty sure it has something to do with vassals not being able to call foreign allies.
Though you kinda are independent during a revolt, so I dunno.

Have you sent the save to Arakhor?

Yes, I've received it. I'll play it this afternoon.

Could be that the byzantine emperor already holds the kingdom of Greece?
Or that most of Greece wasn't taken.
He doesn't. I've never even seen the Basileus make a kingdom title. However, one time (as Verona), I won a crusade for Greece and got the kingdom title even though Byz was still around. They might've not had any land in Greece proper, but I really don't remember for sure. I've also won a crusade for Andalusia as Flanders before. Either way I was really baffled when I didn't get the k_greece title.

Pretty sure it has something to do with vassals not being able to call foreign allies.
Though you kinda are independent during a revolt, so I dunno.
Yeah I was independent. This is the first time I couldn't call in an ally as a rebel.

I took you off the list

if anyone wants to liveblog their turn at me on steam I would no doubt be amused

We only have one group in common, AA, so I knew it had to be you, even without the other qualifiers. I've sent you a friend request. :)

In other news, seven years has passed, various marriages have happened, people have been born, typhus is rampaging through Flanders and life goes on.

Top Bottom