1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Claiming tiles under fixed borders

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by IPEX-731BA5DD06, Jun 11, 2017.

1. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Chieftain

You can only claim tile, under fixed borders. ok.

BUT, you have to be adjacent to your culture to do so, right, NO!!, you only have to be adjacent to ANY CULTURE. Be it Barbarian, foreign civs, or your own.

This needs to be fixed, as you should only be able to claim tiles, under fixed borders, with your culture adjacent (next to it) It would seem wrong to claim a tile, just because there was a culture next to that tile.

Spoiler :

Note that I can't claim the tile labeled 'city', as its not next to my cities culture, and not next to any cities culture.

2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

I'm not sure it's a bug, I've just checked the code and it looks correct to me. Check inside the barbarian city if there is some culture from your civ. If there is some culture from your civ insde the barbarian city and in the tiles surrounding the barbarian city, the code is working properly.

3. IPEX-731BA5DD06

Absolutely ZERO culture from the American civ. I have NEVER even been that far north until this unit. you'll see in bottom left it has the mouse over details, and its 100% Barbarian, of the blue square.

4. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

Please, upload a save if you can.

5. IPEX-731BA5DD06

Correction to that reply, there was 1% of my culture in the Barbarian city and 5% on the Ice hill top. It must have arose from the blockade I was trying to do on the city. The tile I claimed was 100% Barbarian, as was the lake, which I must have moused over to check.

Your quite correct, its working as untented, But 1% and 5% seem very low, shouldn't you have a limit of say 40% or 20%