Clan and Volcanoes

Imuratep

Cultist of the Old Ones
I like the Clan of Embers playstyle and the little changes FF made a lot. The only thing that disturbs me is that there is not very much that show their devotion to the fires of Bhall apart from fire resistance (and linked to that the possibility to burn your whole land with FoL priests and adepts and still being able to walk on it) Another thing that always disturbed me is that volcanoes never really do anything (especially with this cool artwork). That's why I thought it would be kinda cool to link both things by creating a synergy:
An advanced Clan Druid (I think Level 4 is appropriate) can perform a long and exhausting spell on the edge of the volcano that ends in hurling himself into the volcano. This spell has 4 possible results:
1. In 20% of all cases the Priest is surrounded by the magma, but the magma does not hurt him, but makes him stronger granting him fire immunity, 2 fire strength, 1 fire affinity and the fire I promotion.
2. In another 20% of all cases the Priest cannot control the spell causing the volcano to erupt: As a result the Priest still gains the named boni, but all tiles in 2 radius are set on fire, all units in range are damaged and all cities in range lose a certain amount of population.
3. In another 20% of all cases the Priest does not endure the heat of the volcano, but his death causes his divine energies to effuse and the volcano to erupt: As a result the Priest dies, but all tiles in 2 radius are set on fire, all units in range are damaged and all cities in range lose a certain amount of population.
4. In 40% of all cases the Priest was not strong enough to evoke Bhall's powers slumbering in the magma. He just dies without any consequences.

Of course the spell cannot be cast immediately therewith the opponent has the chance of killing the druid before the fiery ritual is finished (I think 5 turns are an appropriate time). If it is cast in your territory the the affected cities get 20 turns of hurry anger. Casting the spell causes a DoW of all affected opponents.

oh cool thanks. I am proficient with XML as you don't really need to be able to code but with python I am at war and as python is the way to go for spells... I am looking forward to see the world covered in liquid hot magma!

Sorry double post

Hmmm. I'm not sure the 20 turns of hurry anger is necessary. Seems like random people and things are probably thrown into Clan Volcanoes all the time.

Prolly if a city loses pop due to being too close, I can see it.

You can mostly stumble your way through python by piecing things together from existing spells

Word. That is how I learned to put together the few python extras I used in my slavery module for slave rebellions. Intimidating at first, then just a lot of slow slow reading and typing.

oh cool thanks. I am proficient with XML as you don't really need to be able to code but with python I am at war and as python is the way to go for spells... I am looking forward to see the world covered in liquid hot magma!

ok, but it will take some time because i don't have a pc with ffh around here at the moment (vacation time ;)).

Top Bottom