1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Clash of Civilizations

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Hashishim, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

yes you can install the whole pack, and then delete it as you see fit manually using windows explorer and where you installed it. (It wouldnt been cumbersome if i allowed it as an options like the rest) but i may just do it in the next version, which will be when a new dawn 1.74 gets
    especially if many people will want it that way :)

2. crossclayton

crossclayton Warlord

Just a quick question. I noticed in the civopedia that you have named a lot of the civs as republics or commonwealths. eg. The commonwealth of australia. Does this have a weird effect on the dynamic civ naming during the game? For example, if i play as australia will i be known as the city state of australia or will it say the city state of the commonwealth of australia? That doesnt sound to bad, but if i play as egypt and become a republic, will i then be known as "the republic of the arab republic of egypt" or will it still say " the republic of egypt??

3. The Exile

The Exile Tiesto Fan

There is no "weird effect", cross. Dynamic Civ Naming works as perfectly as it always has.

4. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

nope it dont have any effect, as the dynamic civ naming is based on the short description in the gametext.xml files :), as i said its merely cosmetic with regards to the naming etc.

5. The Exile

The Exile Tiesto Fan

Oh, Hashishim, while you're here, I should let you know that one of the cities of Dene has a faulty name. It shows up as TXT_NAME_<insert city name>, or something alone those lines, on the city display on the map.

6. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

alright thanx noted :) hmm i checked it, doesnt seem so, maybe im missing something because i dont recall editing the dene empire gametext file well particularly the cities. please let me know which city name was before this error. so i can pinpoint :)

7. Killtech

Killtech Discutator

8. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

@KILLtech regarding that i did update it or replaced it. Well most of it. i know for sure these are updated to the newer graphics:
    mongut;hiawatha; cetshwayo; afonso; charles v; richelieu; selassie;

With regard to franco i got that leaderhead graphics but i was looking at his actual pictures of the man and most of them he wasnt shaven in terms of the moustache so thats why i never include it, the others that i never mention im sure i added them too, but i cant remember have to look.

i need help in something, for a few civilizations (well leaderheads) the backround music in the diplomacy screens with them and the civilizations itself the music doesnt necessarily fit in witht he leader or the civilization, and for 1 or 2 music dont exist or the paths to it are missing.

EDIT: Also
    Can someone please tell me which leaderheads or civilizations the audio/backround music you feel doesnt go, so i can edit it and keep it ready for the next release. As you come accross it.

Also im not to sure wether it has been done but i want to create a corporation that simulates for oil companies, any idea if it possible and how i can make it so that the corporation allows you to create a unit like a security unit marine/private security kinda marines. Aswell to make the corporation bring instability/unhappyness in the region as a whole, but at the same brings commerce . but positive impact to the same continent. but make it so that any nation that founds it. And it can only be founded with oil/diesel and can spread in cities with diesel/oil , but whererver it is it gives a a free diesel bonus. And if the city its spreads to has diesel in its vicinity it gives a boost but creates an impact. and can impact in trading for petrolium thing.

My idea seems mess, but i hope you guys get my drift, will this be a good thing to try to implement.

I also got this python thing for immigration. not to sure wether the python part is compatible with a new dawn. but the xml is already done. And i editted to allow illegal immigrants to, as it stands can only join foreign cities. but i want make it so that they only occur if the city is in a state of complete unhealthyness and theres unrest within the civilization or like rebelion or overpopulation. but that there i dont really have the knowledge of on how to make the changes. it also got normal immigrants to move around within your borders to relocate in other cities. but can only spawn when your city is over 10 or so. to decrease unrest and unhealthyness.

9. The Exile

The Exile Tiesto Fan

Found it. I would've given you a screenshot last night, but I was tired and didn't want to wait 15 minutes for the game to start up.

Attached Files:

10. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

okay fixed it, there was an e in the middle of the tag.

11. The Exile

The Exile Tiesto Fan

Heh. Those damn "e's". I'll let you know if I find any more.

12. starverse

starverse Chieftain

13. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

14. The Exile

The Exile Tiesto Fan

That first "including" meaning making new ones?

15. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

yeah. with the exception of south ossetia, which will be in the next version:)

16. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

Im in the process of making another addon pack, it will include the civilizations i never include ie. the civilizations like the maori, native american civilizations,lombard etc :)

17. Redman77

Redman77 Chieftain

1st great mod, I'm getting a runtime error every time I try to load the game. How can I fix this? Thanks

18. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

can you tellm e what the actuall runtime error says? or provide a screenshot

19. os79

os79 Deity

Haiti's replacement for Barracks is United Nations Stabilization Plant or whatever it is spelled. That is an error. Not a big one as my hover-over say it replace Barracks, but you should correct it in your next version.

20. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

oh okay thanks for letting me know :) will do that, and its the United Nations Stabilization Mission :p