Clash of Civilizations

Hashishim, I've combed through your XML files, and I've fixed a number of errors in them for you. Included are only the changed files. Many of the errors were the cause of CTD's for users.

View attachment Hashishim.zip

okay thanks for that:)

Since I only was and still am interested only in Civs/Leaders/Important folders, you may want to read over the changes very carefully and see if you can see if you need to do the same for other two folders that you have in your pack. Because Afforess only had my RoM folder to debug after I reported CTD.

Just to help you for your next version :). Good luck. I really liked your pack :), especially Maria Theresa and Atotoltzi :lol:.

yeah i plan to do that:)

@ afforess what where the errors?

Found where the errors where, by derivative civs tag and artstyle :) and again thanks for checking them:)

good question for others who do modding: what errors can cause CTDs? just to know what one has to watch for.

good question for others who do modding: what errors can cause CTDs? just to know what one has to watch for.

Referencing objects that do not exist. If you cite an art define, be sure it does exist. If it doesn't, the game will crash when it tries to find it. Ditto with referencing other civ's, like derivative civ's.

may i request the addition of the Phoenician civ from Civ gold? I love playing as Phoenicians.

RoM with the Clash of Civilizations expansion won't load up for me! I run the RoM mod using "Load a Mod" then the game returns to the desktop with BtS still running in the background, but RoM never loads up! What is a good remedy for this problem?

RoM with the Clash of Civilizations expansion won't load up for me! I run the RoM mod using "Load a Mod" then the game returns to the desktop with BtS still running in the background, but RoM never loads up! What is a good remedy for this problem?

To wait 10-15 min (!). Then suddenly, it loads (as it did in background already all the time). Normal RoM+AND+some of AArandas stuff without Clash of Civilizations takes long already, but maybe only 5 min.

I don't get it. What am I doing wrong? All the new civs, units, etc only don't have icons... only pink boxes. no descriptions or anything. When I meet one of the new civs I get an immediate CTD.

which directory did you install it in?

I found out the problem. The installer kept putting the individual folders into the modules folder, instead of a Hashishim folder. Once I finally got this figured out, I manually put them into the correct folder and they seem to be working ok now.

Nope the errors was found after 1.1 was released, so if you can download it then it'll be good:) but note it is not save compatible so your previous saved games will break. Other than that in the mod mod there are no other critical or minor errors. :) In the first post i i will include the file as a Patch. :)

Version 1.2 will come out when theres a new version of A new Dawn and RoM :)

I keep getting the following error when I try to install your modmod, Hashim:

Which is followed by this whenever I hit 'Retry'

I've got all the requirements I believe: RoM the latest version + patch and AND the latest version + patch

okay the problem here is the steam, so install the mod into some arbituary directory, for example C:/New Folder/
then just copy the whole Hashishim Folder and put it into your Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/ Folder:) and it should work! :) (im not to sure why though it gives that problems but thats the alternative of installation :)

Alright, that worked. Thanks!

Top Bottom