1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Clash of Civilizations

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Hashishim, Apr 8, 2010.

1. zeggy

zeggy Warlord

Citizens from 22 nations out of 27 in the EU who recognise Kosovo maybe

Moving on..is there an earth map out for Clash of Civilizations ??

2. zeggy

zeggy Warlord

double post >.>

3. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

nope i'l leave that up to the general users to make up:)

4. Hogar313

Hogar313 Chieftain

Citizens don't recognize Kosovo, governments do (actually parliaments, examples are Czech Republic and formerly Poland whose presidents do/did not agree with their parliaments on the status of Kosovo), but there are some foreign citizens who are uneducated on the matter and support it even though they have nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:.

Moving on and ending political discussion once and for all, it would be really nice to get an Earth map for CoC. I can only imagine how huge it would have to be, though, to fit all the civs, which I'd like. But if somebody actually made a map that can support all civs from CoC (saying 'if', I know it is impossible) and optimized these mods to be fast on it, who would even bother playing Paradox Interactive or other grand strategy games? Civ would dwarf 'em all :) Seriously now, somebody make an earth map for this mod. It's an imperative!

PS: Oh and by the way, Hashishim, I noticed that some nations' flags and symbols are displayed nicely on their respective early units' shields (example), while some, like the Serbian ones, look like they're under a blue glass, meaning that my flag is actually wholly blue with different shades of blue on my knight's shield :confused: . Is there a fix for this or am I asking too much?

5. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

show me a screenshot if you dont mind, never notice it

6. Hogar313

Hogar313 Chieftain

7. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

hmmm i see but do the actual flags on top of the units visibile properly? if so then this problem to be honest im not to sure how to solve. Good eye you got there though:p

8. Hogar313

Hogar313 Chieftain

Yeah, all other flags are perfectly fine. Only the ones on the units' armor. But the strange thing is it is not like that for all countries. For example, the Australian (or New Zealand, I can't remember but I'll post a pic) flag is visible correctly in full colors, even though Australia isn't present in vanilla and you had to add your own flag...

9. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

im going out on the limb here, but i think its to do with the actual unit models And their colors/graphics, so that is why and some of it wont work as well. Thats the only thing i can think of.

10. Hogar313

Hogar313 Chieftain

Well yes, that is the most probable reason I can think of as well, but it is strange that it varies from flag to flag on the same unit. Will post a pic in a minute in an update, wait a sec. Actually, you'll need to wait quite a lot more than a second as with your mod this game loads for hours :D Jk

Update: Okay, I was wrong about Australia since it shares the same problem. But there is another example. One of your added countries, not present in the vanilla, Austria, has a perfectly visible flag. Here are both pictures:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6647/aus0000.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3680/au0000.jpg

Seems just like any nation which has a little blue in it has blue spilled all over it :lol:
    Also, sorry for zooming in too much that you can't see the Australian flag floating above the units, but it is actually all fine. Just on units.

Update2: And I have one last question for you, also related to colors and this stuff. When I tried to play Albania, I kind of didn't like the light red color that goes with it by default, so I went into BUG options menu and changed it to purely red. What I noticed is that the flag also changed, and instead of a black eagle I had a white eagle on a red background :eek: I tried to swap different colors and the color of the eagle varied greatly. So, can this be related to that other problem? Only one way to be sure: I'll try to play with Serbia in red color. If the flag shows correctly, then the error is in blue only.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/802/serb0000.jpg

Voila! My theory is correct! It is up to color. But, you'll notice the other two units behind the two that have the flag correctly. They are red. So, even red is corrupt! The color that shows the flag correctly seems to be gray. Can this be fixed in any way? And sorry for the long post!

Thanks for your time :)

11. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

its to do with the artdefines.xml for each civilization, and yeah i know whats needs to be done i think, but its merely cosmetic, but i'll try to correct it:) no promises though.

12. Hogar313

Hogar313 Chieftain

Thanks a lot! Keep minor upgrades coming until we get Civ5, it will make our life a lot easier :)

13. chickitycheck

chickitycheck Chieftain

I seem to have a problem with some of the nations and their buildings... For example, Vietnam's cities and towns seem to be composed entirely up of buildings from every culture set in the game. It's very odd. And for some reason, i seem to get this problem with the official civ pack for RoM. Just wondering as to why this is happening.

14. zeggy

zeggy Warlord

Lol ..plenty of uneducated idiots who have everything to do with it also

15. Hogar313

Hogar313 Chieftain

Please, at least keep the hatred civil :)

PS: Another question for you, Hashishim. I cannot seem to find the dds files for civilization flags, since I wanted to swap some (like the German one for the Prussian one). I can only find flags of the civs you added in the Hashishim folder, not the ones RoM uses, nor the ones vanilla BtS uses. Can you post the path to those files, please. Thanks in advance.

16. President

President Chieftain

Nevermind.

17. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

The other flags are in the normal .pak files. found in the Rise Of Mankind/assets directory

18. Hogar313

Hogar313 Chieftain

Okay, thank you. Any luck on the previous issue? Russia also has it since it is red and had it before I installed your mod, but I thought it was normal.

Yet another thing. I must point out a mistake in the civilopedia, not in the text, but in a link. I have noticed many links that are "false". For example, Nigerian artillery, that is a replacement for normal artillery. In the pedia it says: Replaces Artillery and artillery is linked, but not as a unit, but as a tech :D it is greatly minor, but I thought I should point it out if you ever want to make another version or patch to the mod :)

19. zeusbenedict

zeusbenedict Chieftain

Is there a mirror for this?

20. Hashishim

Hashishim Prince

@ Hogar313 : The pedia its how thats configured in a new dawn and RoM2.92 :p which i dont have the knowledge to correct.

@zeusbenedict : at the moment no